Advice for the noob<help please>

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
hoyiju

Advice for the noob<help please>

Post by hoyiju »

do you know when is the time in which the server is most active? it starts to get boring when there is no one online at my timezone. at most, in around 400 o'clock kuala lumpar time all i see is <once in a month> fricksion, steil_gar of xfizzles and the occasional AFK or left in 5 mins guest. Never ever saw any administrators/staff/operators E.T.C.

I'm starting to wonder whether im just outdated <minecraft classic is a thing of the past and the link is gone> or whether i am in the wrong time.

xFizzles

Re: Advice for the noob<help please>

Post by xFizzles »

If you went on slightly earlier (1pm+ SGT/KLT ) You'll probably meet Scoot, Flamewarrior. If you went on at around 9-12pm KLT, you'll meet CrimsonTensai, possibly Knom, Skinny. It's possible you've just entered at the wrong time. But, yea, very few active people.

hoyiju

Post by hoyiju »

Thanks! Also, do you use CM, because there is a problem with the log in button and I can only resume

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

I'm afraid there is just not much interest in Minecraft Classic any more. There used to be lots of guests because it was easy to try classic -- it was free, and linked from Minecraft.net homepage. We do get occasional activity spikes, but it's unpredictable. Next time we have another building contest, we'll probably get a week of high activity. Not sure when that'll happen though (I have no money for prizes, and prize-less contests are less fun to run).

Now you have to know about Classic to try it, because it's hidden at Minecraft.net. So there are few guests, and the only returning players are die-hard Classic fans. I hope to keep Freebuild server up for a very long time, even if all players are gone. It's a museum of sorts (to the creations of thousands of players), and a nostalgic playground.

canadacanucks01

Post by canadacanucks01 »

I am usually on at around 20:00 pst, which may or may not overlap with your timezone. If you're hoping to run into people, it's highly unlikely :sheep:.

hoyiju

Post by hoyiju »

Thanks! but now I can't use the resume button either