Architect project.

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
Hey_Blinkin

Architect project.

Post by Hey_Blinkin »

Hello Owners, Trustees, and Trustess'. I am here today to ask permission to start a project with myself, a mason, and 6 veterans.

I would like to hold a small contest (future city theme) to choose the veterans for this project. All builds must be new. With your permission I would like to get started on this as soon as possible. The build will not be limited to the number of architects or masons so any of them may join as well. If any supop+ is willing to work with me I would like to have this world with hills and water on a mason size world. Thank you for your time.

Hey_Blinkin
the Chocobo Farmer.
Did you say Abe Lincoln?

beeriebeer
SupOP

Re: Architect project.

Post by beeriebeer »

You get permission from me :D
No, i think it's a Good idea. I hope you get permission. Good luck.

Fehzor
Trustee

Post by Fehzor »

This sounds awesome. I'll probably be playing in around 12-13 hours, so if you tell me then, I'll set everything up for you. (given that everyone agrees with this)

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

Details of project? I might sign up if it sounds cool.
This post makes my post count increase by one!

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Do you need to worry about the contest? This future city thing sounds like it will be cool without a rigorous selection board.

Either way, approved because we don't have any community projects at the moment anyway because everyone hates ImperialCity! You can get a supop+ to fiddle with it but I have made a map called FutureCity. Just yell at a supop+ if you want a newly generated one or something.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Hey_Blinkin

Post by Hey_Blinkin »

Thank you Ollie. I will just roam around veteran worlds to see if I like builds from there.

Xesdra. For sure I do not want any streets. This will all be either magnetic rail or personal pods on a similar rail system.

Fehzor if you are up to it I would like to start on the basic layout of hills (maybe 2 or 3 at most) and water. I was thinking hills not to tall and the world be half water half land.

To all: Thinking we can mimic a movie. I was thinking Tron or maybe do a retro 50's style future city like the one on the kids movie meet the Robinson's.
Did you say Abe Lincoln?

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

Ollieboy wrote: Either way, approved because we don't have any community projects at the moment anyway because everyone hates ImperialCity!
Nahh it's just that no-one has played Oblivion...

Also I'm in Blinkin :D
This post makes my post count increase by one!

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

By the way I used "Grass" "Peninsula" for the generation, and I did like 30 to try and get it as good as possible, and it kept coming up with really tall land.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Maybe something like this for the rail?
(Obviously better, this was a quick model for shape)

Hey_Blinkin

Post by Hey_Blinkin »

Im not sure about the overhang but the personal train looks good. Never know though thats what delete is for. If it looks good keep it if not delete it. Ollie did you changer permissions for access. Looking for Mason+ Then I can ask a supop for the whitelist of the vets
Did you say Abe Lincoln?