[RESOLVED] Server randomly going down?

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
KidMurdoch

[RESOLVED] Server randomly going down?

Post by KidMurdoch »

My server's uptime keeps randomly getting reset, the error "minecraft.net is probably down" shows up about once every two days. Yet, some servers still have 4-9 days uptime.

Any ideas on what's causing this? I'm taking a guess that it's a result of my server running on the dev version of Fcraft. :P

The fact that I'm paying for a dedicated server that is at the bottom of the minecraft.net list for uptime is extremely vexing. I'm sure all server owners can recognize this irritation. :D

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Re: Server randomly going down?

Post by Lim-Dul »

It's MC.net's fault. There's nothing you can do about it. Even the best maintained servers like Team9000 or OptiCraft get their uptime reset all the time. Sometimes when MC.net goes down it randomly decides to keep a few servers' uptimes.

Look at the server list - apart from a lucky few uptimes are below one day for 90% (if not more) of the servers. Oh, and it might still be your host losing connection just for one heartbeat as well - goodbye uptime.

Yes, it's extremely annoying since the most unstable element in measuring the uptime for servers is the list itself, which is retarded beyond belief.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

KidMurdoch

Re: Server randomly going down?

Post by KidMurdoch »

Ahh, that explains alot. Thanks. :D