Worlds - /j

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
Hawkzy

Worlds - /j

Post by Hawkzy »

So basically I have multiple worlds named Workyard, but each one is incremented with a number, so we have Workyard1, Workyard2 etc. Basically, I saw on T9K that whenever you do /j Cool (for example), you automatically join the last world with the name of cool, so for example if there's Cool1 Cool2 and Cool3, you join Cool3.

How would I do this on my server so people go to Workyard2 instead of it saying there's multiple worlds? If I have to code this myself, how would I go at doing that?

DreamingInsane
Owner

Re: Worlds - /j

Post by DreamingInsane »

Tbh, All you have to do is /wmain Workyard2 or whatever one it is.

Or give a specific rank a main.
/WMain @rank world

Ex: /WMain @builder builder34
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Hawkzy wrote:So basically I have multiple worlds named Workyard, but each one is incremented with a number, so we have Workyard1, Workyard2 etc. Basically, I saw on T9K that whenever you do /j Cool (for example), you automatically join the last world with the name of cool, so for example if there's Cool1 Cool2 and Cool3, you join Cool3.

How would I do this on my server so people go to Workyard2 instead of it saying there's multiple worlds? If I have to code this myself, how would I go at doing that?
You would have to find the code where it autocompletes. I'll try to find it later, if frag doesnt help you by then.

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

fragmer is out of town for a week, so don't expect help from him soon.

That auto-completion was most definitely written by the T9k devs, if you want to code it yourself you'll need some programming experience and the fCraft source.
If you've got all that the auto-completion for worlds can be found in fCraft.World.WorldManager.cs as:

Code: Select all

public static World FindWorldOrPrintMatches()
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

Planitia

Post by Planitia »

Not sure if it's a recent addition but I'm quite sure it's not.

If you typed /j cool it would send you nowhere and give you a list of available worlds. I get the same query with civilian worlds, you cant just use /j civi because there are more than 1 civilian worlds.

Although you gave me an idea for a feature request.
"Excuse me, have you got a spare $10?".... Yeah I do. So would you if you had a job.