stealing

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
roadhiker

stealing

Post by roadhiker »

hello,

i think this is going to far.
i am talking about the fact that people are allowed to steal.
i understand that stealing is a thing that we should be able to do. i do not have problems with that.

the thing that worries me is the fact that there are things stolen under my eyes.
i am here to have fun and build nice looking things.
if i get stopped in this by people like dobby_ash by walking into my unfinished castle and taking things out of chests i forgot to lock on accident. while i was standing next to him. i even said hi to him.

i think this is completely and utterly despicable.

it stops me from finding this a fun server. i am really thinking about quitting. and no, this is not because i am "raging" or anything like that. i am finding myself in the situation this server gets ruined by people who think it is "easier" to raid and steal from people (who are actually looking at them!) that are trying to have a good time.

i really think this is a serious problem that people should think about.

with kind regards,

roadhiker.

xN8Gx

Re: stealing

Post by xN8Gx »

....so basically, you're saying that stealing is now a problem because it happened to you?
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

Fochlac
OP

Post by Fochlac »

It does sound more like "I don't like people stealing from building sites" to me. Yet, even if it was reasonable it would be very hard to control and add even more options for drama to an already drama-prone part of the rules.
I suggest you (and everyone else) take this as a reminder to lock all chests you have the second you place them either with LWC or a dirtblock.

roadhiker

Post by roadhiker »

xN8Gx, i do not say this. i have never stolen myself. and even if i have been robbed before i did not notice. except for firex, but that was sorted out some while ago yet.

i just want to say it is really something i dislike. and i have said this before. not on the forum though, so that is what i am doing now.

i play this game to have some fun and relax. if dobby would have stolen it while i was off, fair play for him. but i was there, right next to him.
so all i am saying is that it's really not cool to take people's stuff while they are working with it.

i could have left the chest unlocked and quit or something. than he would have had it's change to steal all he wanted. and i would have not made any point out of it, except for maybe a "who the hell did it".

but i still think it is something really annoying and it takes the fun out of this game for me. i put time in this game to get resources and than someone comes bye and takes it because he thinks that's easier.

sure. it's easier. but think a bit of the other people who actually did do something for this.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

The fuck? Just lock your shit. I would lock this topic to demonstrate how easy it is but that would deny other people from pointing out how silly you are being.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

roadhiker

Post by roadhiker »

do whatever you can't leave sanjar.
but this is all i wanted to point out.

dobby_ashy
SupOP

Post by dobby_ashy »

Ok all stupidness aside. You should have locked your chests. I have also learnt the hard way like you and many others. Your not the first nor the last to be looted/raided, whether your online next to them or not. I would have given your stuff back, but then you decided to be extremely abusive, which can be backed up by other people and logs if need be. We have the privelage of /cprivate. It takes 5 seconds to type that out, that would have saved your raging, abusiveness and the sake of this post.

I'll also add that I loot because its a legit part of most good smp server, I like exploring and finding things, and it saves me spending ages having to get the goods myself when I can just wait for someone else to slip up. If you can't beat em' join em.
winshit64: JUST WHEN I WAS DOIN MY GARDEN BITCH MADE A HOLE

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Lock your chests, lock your stupid threads.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Stealing and raiding has been a rule since I took over the server. I put it in place because people were going to steal ANYWAY, and I figure if I give you options to PREVENT raiding (i.e. locking the chests for money OR just putting a goddamn block over it) I would allow it. It seems like a survival thing to do.

I actually asked people what they thought of the rule when I was making it, and everyone agreed. Funny how this "became a huge problem" after you got stolen from.

So go ahead, quit. Just know that you are doing so because YOU are not man enough to deal with the fact that stealing is part of the game in our server. We are not a sheltered server. We are not a child's server. If you get stolen from, you just pick right back up and steal your stuff back, or deal with it and make new stuff. Threatening us with you leaving will do, and has done, nothing.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie