Heya, this is why I'm here

Want to show off your Build, Video or Fanart from the Classic server? Here's the right place to do it!
Tsavo

Heya, this is why I'm here

Post by Tsavo »

Well, to be precise, why I want to be here. So I can build/refine things like the pictures below.

Gotta say, this ship (based off of the flagship in a graphic novel/comic that I hope to someday publish) was my first attempt at anything beyond my initial "hey cool, minecraft" house. It was done over three days, during a college break, in several hour sessions. After measuring the vessel, it turned out to be way to out of whack, and I wasn't happy with the bridge structure. However, at almost 700 feet in length and nearly 100 feet wide, it's still a mighty build.

it's a complete build, interior levels, ending room, rudders (no props), turrets (that be climbed into only from belowdecks, and a detailed engine room that is tied into the stack.

I was proud of this, until I saw some of the creations here, which apply shotgun to this at short range. Repeatedly.

Anyhow, I want to build a fleet of vessels like so, and a community that would support that, I would love. Here be the pics....

The final build, from atop a crane, built into the dock/service facilities next to the ship.

This is from early in the build, and the boat is complete from the bridge forward. From the bridge back is only the keel, and some hull structure, still filled with water.

This is from early in the build as well, after hollowing out the hull and removing water (by fillling it with wood and burning it) and then dealing with a server that hates large-scale modifications and rewards such things with invisible creepers. That's why the lower surface is so damn jagged. After a server reset and a few hundred torches, the server stopped spawning invisible creeps.

After building this, and then calculating the scale, I was unhappy with it not being to scale. So I started on a second project, which was to be to scale. And in the sky.

This is a screenshot from a day or so after I started the new ship, beyond this screenshot, I had completed the second turret and started to shape the forward bridge turret.

I cannot make make more progress on anymore, since the server has become outdated since the last minecraft patch, and the server owner has been MIA since a few weeks before the last update. I've now grown tired of waiting for him to get the server back up, and have decided to move on. Hopefully, I can find a home with you guys :D

A different angle on the ship, from a server render I was given by the admin before he went MIA on us:

I'm whats left, I'm what's right, I'm the enemy

KingCrab

Re: Heya, this is why I'm here

Post by KingCrab »

Gotta say...thats not bad at all...

You and a man named Smokeybacon will get along just fine :wink:
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Battleship in smp... congratulations, you did what I never could, I just don't have the patience to make something that big. Great work, does it have a name? Seems to be like a Montana but with a german-type superstructure. Have you seen the worlds 'Battleships' and 'warships' on freebuild as well? We have plenty of stuff to satisfy the ship-nerds like me. If they're not loaded then bug someone to load them.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Tsavo

Post by Tsavo »

Smokeybacon wrote:Battleship in smp... congratulations, you did what I never could, I just don't have the patience to make something that big. Great work, does it have a name? Seems to be like a Montana but with a german-type superstructure. Have you seen the worlds 'Battleships' and 'warships' on freebuild as well? We have plenty of stuff to satisfy the ship-nerds like me. If they're not loaded then bug someone to load them.

It is "loosely" based off a ship in a graphic novel I intend to get published someday. For this one, there were no references, just a general idea of the ship (which is named USS Charity, former USS Charlotte, BB504) I don't have a drawing of it produced that I am happy with, and each one is more of a concept idea when I draw it.

The ship, as intended for the novel, is based off of the Iowa class, with modifications for nuclear power and flight. Most the current sketches of the ships can be found at my DeviantArt page: http://swain-slave.deviantart.com/

No, I have not seen the worlds, I would love to though. Are they complete ships (interior decks, rooms, etc) or just shells? If so, would one be allowed to add interiors?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Swain slave as in Michael Swain's slave?
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Tsavo

Post by Tsavo »

if you are referring to the animator, yes. I'm good friends with the Mike, and named my account after the man.

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

KingCrab wrote:
You and a man named Smokeybacon TrepValkyrie will get along just fine :wink:
This post makes my post count increase by one!

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Yeah Trep made about 20 in the time it took me to make 1. Patogy made a few as well.

I command someone red to go and wload battleships and warships for this man.

The majority of the ones on Battleships don't have interiors, you're welcome to do an interior to mine if you want but the rest are Trep's and Patogy's and I can't speak for them. As you spawn, my ship is on the right-most edge with 4 triple turrets.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Pandorum

Post by Pandorum »

Smokeybacon wrote:Yeah Trep made about 20 in the time it took me to make 1. Patogy made a few as well.
Let's not forget Scrathy who got promoted for them.
<KingCrab> oh btw, did you Kirshi is my babie's daddy?

Tsavo

Post by Tsavo »

My current WIP, over in builder22

Trepvalkyrie

Post by Trepvalkyrie »

Me likey. Same as Smokey said, you did what i failed to do, i had a 1:1 HMS Belfast goin once, had the hull completely done then it got wiped, then i had a 1:1 Bismarck goin then realised i couldnt be bothered. :twisted:

Also that ship in classic is the best ship that isnt mine or smokeys in a long time. Bravo.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Did you, perchance, start on a scifi-y comic starring that furry dude in your avatar sometime in your life?

Tsavo

Post by Tsavo »

Sanjar Khan wrote:Did you, perchance, start on a scifi-y comic starring that furry dude in your avatar sometime in your life?
no, but that is the eventual goal

also: thanks trep, your server full of ships is just pure win. When the Daytona is done, I'd like it to be moved there if possible. >:D

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

The question I'm getting at is what was your username on swain's forum when he still had one.

Tsavo

Post by Tsavo »

Sanjar Khan wrote:The question I'm getting at is what was your username on swain's forum when he still had one.
Teh_Geek Lord or something like that, I forget Geeky, something along those lines

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Yes, that does sound very familiar. I think I was called "San"

Tsavo

Post by Tsavo »

If I recall correctly you were the one who lurked more than posted...

XdRaGoNfOxX

Post by XdRaGoNfOxX »

Tsavo wrote:My current WIP, over in builder22

<span>[img]<a%20class="smarterwiki-linkify"%20href="http://i.imgur.com/3FXeE.jpg[/img]">http://i.imgur.com/3FXeE.jpg[/img]</a></span>
Its my tower in the background, which the world got deleted or something :x