Could not listen to port

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
seanvanpelt2

Could not listen to port

Post by seanvanpelt2 »

Alright so I tried using the default port of 25565 and when I go to click the check button it says, "Could not start listening on port 25565. Another program may be using the port." I know this port works because I used it before to run a Minecraft Beta server. I made sure I also have a static IP set up as well.

So can anyone tell me what's wrong?

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: Could not listen to port

Post by fragmer »

Are you trying to check whether the port is open AS your server is running? Is there any other software that could possibly be using the port? An overly zealous firewall?

seanvanpelt2

Post by seanvanpelt2 »

fragmer wrote:Are you trying to check whether the port is open AS your server is running? Is there any other software that could possibly be using the port? An overly zealous firewall?
I'm just trying to check to see if it will be able to connect. I just clicked the "check" button in the server config. Also I don't think there is any problems with the firewall. I made sure to let the whole folder go through the firewall and it still doesn't work. (Remember, the port works just fine with the Minecraft Beta server)

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

But is the fCraft or Beta server running while you are trying to test the port? Only one program may use one port at a time.

seanvanpelt2

Post by seanvanpelt2 »

fragmer wrote:But is the fCraft or Beta server running while you are trying to test the port? Only one program may use one port at a time.
No, neither are running while I'm checking the port. I've even tried other port with random numbers and they didn't work either.

Edit: Here is the log from when I try and run the server with the port now working. Not sure if this helps but I thought I'd put it here anyways.
1:12:25 AM > ------ Log Starts Friday, October 21, 2011 (10/21/2011) ------
1:12:25 AM > Working directory: C:\Users\VanPelt\Desktop\MineCraft\Classic
1:12:25 AM > Log path: C:\Users\VanPelt\Desktop\MineCraft\Classic\logs
1:12:25 AM > Map path: C:\Users\VanPelt\Desktop\MineCraft\Classic\maps
1:12:25 AM > Config path: C:\Users\VanPelt\Desktop\MineCraft\Classic\config.xml
1:12:26 AM > Config.Load: Config file config.xml loaded succesfully.
1:12:26 AM > Sorting PlayerDB by ID...
1:12:26 AM > Checking for fCraft updates...
1:12:27 AM > ERROR: An error occured while trying to check for updates: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server
1:12:27 AM > Backed up server data to "fCraftData_20111021_01-12-27.zip"
1:12:29 AM > Warning: Could not check external IP: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:55798
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at fCraft.Server.CheckExternalIP()
1:12:29 AM > Server.Run: now accepting connections on port 25565
1:12:29 AM > All available worlds: main
1:12:29 AM > Main world: main; default rank: guest
1:12:29 AM > WoM Direct heartbeat is enabled. To edit your server's appearence on the server list, see https://direct.worldofminecraft.com/ser ... AUNAScUhdI
1:12:30 AM > Warning: Heartbeat: http://www.minecraft.net is probably down (Unable to connect to the remote server)