Importing maps to fcraft

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
bcpaul

Importing maps to fcraft

Post by bcpaul »

Hi, pretty new to minecraft.

I wanted to import some 3d models into my maps. I have used minecraft 3d importer to create a schematic file of the model, then I imported this into my mcedit map.

Question is how do i get this map into fcraft? The format seems incompatible.

I can't even create a map in fcraft and open in mcedit. Why does there seem to be so many map formats for one game (mc)?

Suggestions?

Thanks

KingCrab

Re: Importing maps to fcraft

Post by KingCrab »

The best way I have figured out how to do this is take a classic map using the World of Minecraft dump level feature (PM me if you don't know how to do this) and opening that file in MCedit.

You must rename the map you dumped so that it represents the dimensions it represents.

I.E.: I use the dump feature to dump a level with the dimensions 256x256x128. I would then rename the .dat file I dumped to 256_256_128.dat

After doing this, open the level with MCedit. You should see the map once it renders. Import your schematic into the level and paste it where needed. Once you do this, save your level. The format of your saved world should still be a .dat file. Since .dat files work with fCraft's software, all you have to do is add it to your fcraft server's map file and then load it in-game.

Hope this helps. PM me with any questions you have on this process.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

bcpaul

Post by bcpaul »

Thanks, that did the trick!

I dumped the map from minecraft client. Opened in mcedit, imported schematic, then saved.
The saved map was in the client folder and then moved it to fcraft map folder. The .dat file was then imported via fcraft add map and converted...voila!

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Great. Glad I could be of help. :D
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab