Recent unavailability of fcraft.net

Discuss anything that doesn't fit other categories here.
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Recent unavailability of fcraft.net

Post by Lim-Dul »

Hello All!

Just to make another official announcement. We were being hit by continuous DDoS since the beginning of February. This was compounded by our host toggling our connection instead of actually blocking the attackers, which made the attack all the easier.

It seems that the attack was focused on our CMP server (read: port), which has now been filtered on datacenter level and won't be available for a few more days.

Additional steps were undertaken to alleviate the effects of potential future DDoS attacks, but in the grand scheme of thing you cannot completely avoid them depending on the type.

Our host will hopefully react to DDoS a bit quicker the next time around and should the attacks affect their services as well, we might get some kind of proper investigation going on. DDoS falls under the category of cybercrime in Germany and anybody carrying it out can be facing jail-time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

x_Nebula_x

Re: Recent unavailability of fcraft.net

Post by x_Nebula_x »

Ok thank you for an explanation I was wondering why cmp was down not smp, thanks again :D
Man: did you know that each man, in some time of their life, will live next to a pedophile?
Another Man: well I sure don't, I live next to a CHARMING pair of 8yr olds