Autorank Params

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
Planitia

Autorank Params

Post by Planitia »

I was just wondering what all of the parameters that are available for autorank are. Can I have Autorank consider the number of players someone has kicked or banned?

Or is Autorank limited to accessing the information that the /setinfo command can modify?
"Excuse me, have you got a spare $10?".... Yeah I do. So would you if you had a job.

Hellenion

Re: Autorank Params

Post by Hellenion »

I believe autorank is not supported, I'd love to use it as well but the policy seems to be "reverse engineer it if you want to use it".
Planitia wrote:Can I have Autorank consider the number of players somepony has kicked or banned?
I had a look and that doesn't seem possible, here's a list of possible elements:
  • TimeSinceFirstLogin
  • TimeSinceLastLogin
  • LastSeen
  • BlocksBuilt
  • BlocksDeleted
  • BlocksChanged
  • BlocksDrawn
  • TimesVisited
  • MessagesWritten
  • TimesKicked
  • TotalTime
  • TimeSinceRankChange
  • TimeSinceLastKick
And then there seem to be 2 attributes of a something called "Criterion":
  • fromRank
  • toRank
I have no idea how to use all of this though.
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

Planitia

Post by Planitia »

The from rank and to rank are just to say " to go {fromrank} [rank] {to rank} [rank] these are the criterion then you list them.

It still secretly exists in the fcraft builds, you just need to make you own config file for it.

Anyway thanks for checking that for me.
"Excuse me, have you got a spare $10?".... Yeah I do. So would you if you had a job.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Well it's not secret. It's just unfinished, undocumented, and unsupported. Eventually I'll get around to finishing it, and until then I'd rather not deal with tech support for an incomplete feature.

Hellenion

Post by Hellenion »

I don't have any experience with xml, did you get it to work?
A = {x ∈ P(U) | x ∉ x}
Mods:
  1. /Su - Allows players to temporarily become a different rank
  2. /Snap - Like /Line but only draws straight or diagonal lines.
  3. pre-0.630 skip/none block

Planitia

Post by Planitia »

Yeah, but I compiled the editor. Made things much easier. I don't know why fragmer doesn't support it.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Cause it's unfinished and undocumented?
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Planitia

Post by Planitia »

Sanjar Khan wrote:Cause it's unfinished and undocumented?
Well obviously... For the end user it feels finished since no new features have been officially announced.

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

It's simple - when fragmer considers something finished, he will provide support for it. Autorank is complicated enough that he doesn't want to spend hours on supporting morons who can't deal with it - and remember that many people are asking questions about how to e.g. change the server name, so imagine how many would pop up in relation to this feature. Even if properly documented, Autorank uses logical statements to construct the criteria and this is something that many people won't grasp because they are, simply put, too dumb. You learn logical operators at school after all and yet many people have problems with them there too.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

Planitia

Post by Planitia »

Lim-Dul wrote:It's simple - when fragmer considers something finished, he will provide support for it. Autorank is complicated enough that he doesn't want to spend hours on supporting morons who can't deal with it - and remember that many people are asking questions about how to e.g. change the server name, so imagine how many would pop up in relation to this feature. Even if properly documented, Autorank uses logical statements to construct the criteria and this is something that many people won't grasp because they are, simply put, too dumb. You learn logical operators at school after all and yet many people have problems with them there too.
You raise a very good point.