/Brush Cloudy

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
Zafum
SupOP

/Brush Cloudy

Post by Zafum »

It was mentioned in an update that a way has been added "to specify scale/turbulence/seed for cloudy brush." Now that the marbled brush is gone, I need this for one of my old command scripts, but can't find further information on it. Could you tell me how it works?
Flamewarrior199: I've seen the inside of Donald Dick man it's wierd.
Flamewarrior199: *Duck
Epicpeople321: LOL
RuggedBear: LOL
(IRC) Fiandra: LOL !

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: /Brush Cloudy

Post by fragmer »

I'm sorry I never got around to document it. I'll put this up on the wiki also, when I find more time. Here's how it works:
  • To specify scale, add a percentage to brush's parameters followed by "%", e.g.

Code: Select all

/brush cloudy red white 150%
    The default is 100%. Smaller scales will result in a denser/finer texture features, larger scales will result in a sparser/larger texture features.
  • To specify turbulence, add a percentage to brush's parameters followed by "t" or "T", e.g.

/brush cloudy dirt grass 50T
    The default is 100T. Lower turbulence will produce smoother, more rounded features. Higher turbulence will result rougher, more noisy features.
  • The "seed" of a brush is a unique sequence of 4 letters and numbers that define a brush's texture. There are 65536 seeds total. Brushes with the same seed will have its texture line up. Normally, every time you call /Brush or specify a new set of brush parameters, a random new seed will be generated. To reuse a seed, type in the seed number followed by an "s" or "S", e.g.

/brush cloudy black gray FA90s
  • You can use scale, turbulence, and seed parameters together, either before or after specifying the block names. For example:

/brush cloudy 200% 150T 1234s red white blue
Also regarding the marbled brush. It was basically a shortcut for the cloudy brush all along! I decided to remove it to avoid duplicating large amounts of code, and reduce some performance overhead. To reproduce behavior of the marbled brush, repeat the list of the blocks backwards! Like this:

/brush marbled red white
- is equivalent to -
/brush cloudy red white white red

/brush marbled black gray white
- is equivalent to -
/brush cloudy black gray white white gray black

/brush marbled obsidian/99 iron/1
- is equivalent to -
/brush cloudy obsidian/99 iron/1 iron/1 obsidian/99