can I format the playerDB.txt file

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
matelo2

can I format the playerDB.txt file

Post by matelo2 »

I was going to prune my player database and opened it to find it hard to read as far as what each column means.
I have succeeded in getting it to load into excel with the columns all formatted but the dates show up wrong? For instance it says my rank change date is 1379973414. Does anyone know how I can convert this to a date?
Thanks.
Mat.

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Re: can I format the playerDB.txt file

Post by Ninjacat101 »

Moved this thread to the correct section (which is odd as you got your last thread in the right place :P)

Anyhow, I've included a link below which should answer all the questions you could possibly ask about the PlayerDB. That number you quoted is the number of seconds between the UTC Unix Timestamp and the date that event occurred. You can convert that number of seconds to a more easily readable date using utilities such as this site. On a side note you should really just use /PruneDB unless you know what you're doing, manually removing players from the database can cause all sorts of havoc.

http://www.fcraft.net/wiki/PlayerDB.txt
["hip","hip"]

matelo2

Post by matelo2 »

thanks for that Ninjacat.
Sorry I got the wrong section.
Your links are perfect, thanks.
I only want to run through the players that were on, say, a year or so ago who have been given a promotion or two and who we never see again. I understand if I just delete the whole line they will disappear from the server. I also want to just clear most of the banned ones (I put a reason for banning and if it is just grief I will pardon them). Prunedb wouldn't clear either of these types.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

matelo2: There is no way to do a mass unban in fCraft. I don't recommend messing with PlayerDB yourself too much, since it's easy to corrupt. I can write a custom little tool for you, if you explain in more detail about your plans.

/PruneDB is only meant to delete totally-inactive players who never did much of anything on the server (left quickly, never built or deleted much, never got kicked, or banned, or frozen, etc).