Your Screen Name

Discuss anything that doesn't fit other categories here.
Ollieboy
Trustee

Your Screen Name

Post by Ollieboy »

Where does it come from? Does it have any meaning? Any story? Well fire away!

Mine, for example, was my first screen name ever. More specifically, my first email address when I was 10 or so and my dad finally let me go into the sea of internet pedophiles. It was back when hotmail was new. Stifle your spamming though, that email address doesn't exist anymore.

But what about YOURS?
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

PyroPyro

Re: Your Screen Name

Post by PyroPyro »

My friends used to call me Piro (Пиро), and after some time some retard kept calling me Piro-piro. Piro is short for piromanijak (Пироманијак) witch means pyromaniac (Duh!). I am/was obsessed with fire due to that fact some people say i'm a pyromaniac. When i started playing games online i started using PyroPyro...

tl;dr PyroPyro is Pyromaniac-Pyrophile

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

My friends used to call me PyroPyro, but upon registering at mc.net I found out that that name was already taken.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

beeriebeer
SupOP

Post by beeriebeer »

The first i registerd by a game i didn't know a name so my father thought a name, beeriebeer.

DutchKazuya

Post by DutchKazuya »

I'm Dutch so that's half of the name, and my favourite person from the Tekken arcade fighting games was called Kazuya, a badass character IMO :D

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Hmmm, where did my name originate from... Well, I guess it started one day about 5 years ago when I was at my friends house. I wanted to create a xbox live name with his guest passes so I had to come up with a nickname. My old gamertag of snake6777777 was just retarded, so I wanted to switch. Well, shortly before starting up halo 2, we had watched Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel (for those of you don't know, it's a crab fisherman show). We joked about how it would be funny if it turned into a "Godzilla" like show with a giant monster crab coming out of the sea. Proceeded to start up halo 2, needed a gamertag. Alright, lets go KingCrab. I envisioned a giant menacing crab when pissed off and a sweet cartoony one when I was happy. Didn't expect the name to stick until I saw barely anyone had a gamertag like that. Plus, it had the name King in it. Thus, KingCrab was born.

I was also a huge fan of Zoidberg back then so it was kind of funny in my opinion. Had no idea it would stick :roll:
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Long ago, at my first job i worked at a one of the first free dutch isp's.
In those days, we called the internet 'the net'.
A few years later, a dutch telecom company (KNP) started there 'free internet', what was basicly a intranet and called that 'the net'.
In meatings, peopel where still using 'the net' to reffer to the internet. I could not stand that, so i added 'inter' all the time.
After a while, they started to use 'internet' correctly, and started to called me inter.

Its been my nick for years now, sadly 'inter' is allwase taken when i register somewhere.

Stay tuned for part 2!
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Oh we can guess how part 2 unfolds. Long ago, when all you cared about was your mom's breasts, you developed teeth. In those days, you called them toothh because you were 1 years old and did not know any words let alone english ones.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

My name? I just like it so it stuck with me :happycreeper:
Its also an oxymoron, which is pretty cool.

TheMastBoss
SupOP

Post by TheMastBoss »

Some years ago, i was making an e-mail account, and i was thinkin' about a name, and TheMastBoss was the first thing that came up in my mind....
* Isotope destructively nudges DreamingInsane with a new frogsleg.
tesfai10: greg79 wanna have sex

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

cdferg is an abbreviation of my real name, Corbin D. Ferguson, PhD.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

From this day forth, you shall be known as...
cdferg wrote:PhD.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

My names James Barrow... and I'm a boy...
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

ryanissoawesomme

Post by ryanissoawesomme »

My name is ryan
Im awesome
And ryanisawesome was taken :rage:
Dankirk knows all about my life.
Show

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

I started using my nickname online around 1997 with Diablo 1.

Back then I was playing Magic the Gathering and in Ice Age Lim-Dul or rather Lim-Dûl, the Necromancer, was quite a popular character, especially on card flavor text.
My main deck was Red/Black at first but then I switched to pure red - nevertheless I really liked to use the epic-shit card "Lim-Dûl's High Guard".
In Diablo 1 my main character was a Sorcerer since everything else was shit (Fireball scaled with levels infinitely; teleport and mana shield, shit like that) and thus Lim-Dul (the Necromancer!) was born.

Meanwhile I don't play Magic the Gathering - actually haven't been for like 10 years or so (stopped at 5th Edition) - but the name stuck.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

I honestly could not tell you

Pemalite
Trustee

Post by Pemalite »

Back when I was in school. (Think circa~ 1996-1998.)
I was heavily into a book series called "Animorphs" by K.A applegate which is about a bunch of kids who can transform into any other animal they touch by absorbing their DNA.
Those same kids then had to fight against an Alien invasion.
Then during part of the book series a pacifist dog-like alien race was introduced and had a fairly good story Arc in the book series.

Then when I first started using the internet back in the mid 1990's I was tasked with creating an email address. Most people used their real names. Me? Pemalite. Since then everything I have signed up for has been under the name of "Pemalite".
Even long-time real-life friends have have resorted to calling me "Pem" because it's used with everything I do online.

The other great thing is because it's not a very common name, it's almost always free when I go to register something. :)

And that... Is how my addy was born.
Xecutioner91890: I wanna meet the owners that would be a dream !
<@hafnium> Fuck off

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

My original username actually was Cartoonmanâ„¢. I adopted this name about 4 years ago when i used to play this multiplayer FPS called MOHAAB. My ingame name was SirKiLlEr@@@ (probably one of the worst names i ever came up with), but I had an online buddy named Cartoonmanâ„¢. For some reason I felt that was the perfect username for me, because later on, when I joined PDC, a forum dedicated to PSP Demos (which later expanded to become one of the biggest online communities focusing on PSN Game reviews and Demos), i adopted the name Cartoonmanâ„¢.

<-----To go along with the username, my photo profile showed what my current avatar is
The image helps to convey that:

1. I'm a cartoon man that's on ze interwebs :cow:
2. Haters keep trying to shut me up
3. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

About a year later when I got my promo to Moderator on the forum, the op, Jesse, decided to 'use a chainsaw and cut off my â„¢' and that's exactly what he did. From then on, I was known simply as Cartoonman, and I kept the Username ever since.

PS: trivia, my username in Cyrllic is Картоонман. :creeper: :red: :red:
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

SnowfireX
OP

Post by SnowfireX »

Firstly, my screen name was Light1234. My cousin made it up on the spot. I didn't like that, so I changed it to Ghost Ex. Back when I was small, I loved playing Little Fighter 2, the reinforced version. One character was a vamped up version of Hunter (if you don't know the game, I highly recommend it) called Hunter EX. I thought the EX part was cool, and when you're young ghosts are..cool.
Then that was gay, so a few years ago I read the series Eragon. One part of the story was that Eragon comes across a horse called Snowfire. I stole it and just added the X, cause I can.
Darklight wrote:Its also an oxymoron, which is pretty cool, but SnowfireX's is cooler.
I'm scared to death that I'll never be afraid.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Intertoothh wrote:Stay tuned for part 2!
Well part not that hard to explain.

Back in the days i was still at school i was one of the founders of a securitygroup (hackers) called TooTHH.

I searched the internetz to see if some stuff is still arround from us.
But the only thing i could find where sites that included our site, but those are dead links now.

And becouse inter is allwase taken, my nick often is intertoothh.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

lucky_pierre
SupOP

Post by lucky_pierre »

"Lucky Pierre" refers to the gentleman in the middle of a gay threesome.
I thought it was clever 8)
piss 2017

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

lucky_pierre wrote:"Lucky Pierre" refers to the gentleman in the middle of a gay threesome.
Suits you :lol:
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

PyroPyro

Post by PyroPyro »

lucky_pierre wrote:"Lucky Pierre" refers to the gentleman in the middle of a gay threesome.
www.urbandictionary.com wrote:lucky pierre - The middle man in a 3-way buttfuck. Also known as the French Sandwich
Oh lord. Lol

zelize
SupOP

Post by zelize »

The Lies
Ze Lies
Ze Lise
ze lize
zelize

The reason why it changed to Z is cause I like Z :happycreeper:.
I came up with it one day when I was bummed out :sheep:.

IT SNOT NELIZE :angryskeleton:
[2011-08-15 00:35:05] zelize: kirkdan any bans needed?
[2011-08-15 00:35:06] (IRC) Dankirk: No bans needed
[2011-08-15 00:35:09] zelize: thanks spiderman
[2011-08-15 00:35:09] (IRC) Dankirk: np

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

As in the smoked slice of meat.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

zelize wrote:The Lies
Ze Lies
Ze Lise
ze lize
zelize

The reason why it changed to Z is cause I like Z :happycreeper:.
I came up with it one day when I was bummed out :sheep:.

IT SNOT NELIZE :angryskeleton:
The Lies!
0_o

zelize
SupOP

Post by zelize »

barrowboyjames wrote: The Lies!
No, you're the cake.
[2011-08-15 00:35:05] zelize: kirkdan any bans needed?
[2011-08-15 00:35:06] (IRC) Dankirk: No bans needed
[2011-08-15 00:35:09] zelize: thanks spiderman
[2011-08-15 00:35:09] (IRC) Dankirk: np

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

zelize wrote:
barrowboyjames wrote: The Lies!
No, you're the cake.
Sorry Nelize...
0_o

nuclearwaffle121
SupOP

Post by nuclearwaffle121 »

My name, nuclearwaffle121, actually comes from a video of a game reviewer called the Angry Video Game Nerd, or AVGN :cow: . In the Super Mario Bros. 3 review, he called the Roto Discs
Show
nuclear waffles. I thought the name sounded good, and I've used variations of it in everything ever since. (fun fact: the oddest version was in Runescape, where it was Man_Waffle27 or something like that :twisted: )
Oh, and here's the vid:
Show
It's at around 10:00 if you were wondering :sheep:. The 121 is just for lack of a better number.
Last edited by nuclearwaffle121 on October 23rd, 2011, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<dxgxl16> we got strippers
<SMB> Allisss: in the butt

Helio_
SupOP

Post by Helio_ »

There was this cell phone company a while ago known as Helio that I absolutely fucking loved. They had some of the best phones out at the time and hence why I used Helio_. I have been cursed with an underscore because some jerk thought of Helio first.
We do what we must, because we can.