New Virus?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit other categories here.
JustOnePanda
OP

New Virus?

Post by JustOnePanda »

Ok guys, you may or may not of heard in the news recently about the unamed virus. Essentially this virus inhibits the ability to socialize, removes the sense of morality, and in terms of one doctor, "turns the patient animalistic". It is spreading rapidly in sub-Saharan Africa, and has made it into parts of the Carribean and southern US states, like Florida.

This virus inhibits the enzyme which catalyses the production of cyclopentasiloxane, a key substance which enables the movement across synapses in the pre-frontal cortex (social part of the brain). The lack of this substance stops the synapses from functioning, leading to things as simple as a speech impediment, to full blown social loss of control.

You may of heard of the recent case in Florida of a man having to be shot dead after refusing to stop chewing another mans face. During the autopsy they found the unamed virus present and active in his system.

This is not a joke now guys, we could be looking at a global pandemic within a year. The virus has already spread rapidly throughout Africa and is moving. The symptoms include a rash that can't be identified by a medical practitioner.

Check this link out for a bit more info:
http://gawker.com/5914059
Now I've seen someone post this, and as it's happening near me so I thought I might share it. Apparently there's a "virus" causing people to become more animal-like and crazed, in a way Rabies does. An example is the "zombie man" in Miami, Florida that ate 75% of a mans face off, sadistic. I would like to discuss this, I honestly am fearing a spread of this trend throughout the US if not the rest of the world, as more people travel by air then ever before. If things start to get strange around you, please feel free to post for discussion.

Thoughts?
Edit: A list of events pertaining to this can be found here http://pastebin.com/tQpynGDX
Another edit: Possible origin? http://www.dailytech.com/Baffling+Illne ... e24276.htm
Last edited by JustOnePanda on May 30th, 2012, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

Cartoonman
SupOP

Re: New Virus?

Post by Cartoonman »

Did you know that the word gullible is illegal in the town of Fucking, Austria?
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

JustOnePanda
OP

Post by JustOnePanda »

Well it seems plausible, as it's mosquito season in Florida, and they're known for spreading many diseases. If it IS true, the virus could be a mutation of a similar one.
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

dobby_ashy
SupOP

Post by dobby_ashy »

There are loads diseases/viruses that cause people to act abnormally, I think these strange occurrences are just a coincidence, for example the baths salts could be hallucinogenics or the guy that had been around them could of had an allergic reaction.

As for the article...
Last edited by dobby_ashy on May 31st, 2012, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
winshit64: JUST WHEN I WAS DOIN MY GARDEN BITCH MADE A HOLE

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

They said the guy in miami was on some serious drugs. It made him act like that, he also got shot 4 times and continued eating his face. Apparently the drugs make you somewhat superhuman in a way.
11:25 PM <CMB> M1_Abrams: Beard, I wrote that you are my favorite rapper, can you rap?
11:26 PM <CMB> TheBeardmaster: i can rap on the fly, i just gotta get a li'l high, which ain't so hard, you just gotta try

surferdudeX
SupOP

Post by surferdudeX »

Though it could easily be real, I feel like if it was such a big concern as to the fact that it would be a world wide pandemic, we wouldve heard alot more about it in the news. Things like this are usually BREAKING NEWS in newspaper and TV, so if it was real, we probably would have heard alot more about it. Just my opinion.

Helio_
SupOP

Post by Helio_ »

I doubt any of this bullshit about it being a virus is legitimate at all. As Mclaughlin kid stated though, the story about the man eating off the face of another man wasn't do to some kind of strange virus that enrages the host. It was due to a certain kind of designer drug that is commonly referred to as bath salts. I guess it's some kind of new form of LCD. He was so wired off of the stuff to the point where he wasn't even responsive to any kind of pain so when they fired the first shot into him he didn't even react to it. They had to fire extra shots into the man to kill him. They were right to shoot him instead of attempting to subdue him. If 3 shots didn't even give a reaction out of this guy, nothing would have. Surfer is right though, if this really was some kind of serious virus that had the potential of wiping out an entire species, it'd be all over the place. I certainly haven't heard anything of it.
We do what we must, because we can.

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

Helio_ wrote:It was due to a certain kind of designer drug that is commonly referred to as bath salts.
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

Gah, I got all excited that I could post that dailytech link, then as soon as I copied it, I saw it was on the bottom of first post D8
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'

Kevinsweijen
SupOP

Post by Kevinsweijen »

The cause are confirmed to be Bath salts (An extremely strong kind of LSD), giving the user a fuckton of strength, disabling the pain receptors, turning up the body heat so much they HAVE to take everything off, they're basically melting, and it sets the people in some kind of trance.
3 stages of sex life in a person's lifetime: Tri-weekly, try weekly, try weakly

<PyroPyro> afk touching my self while looking at the monies

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

Can't believe I'm posting a link from Reddit...I feel dirty.

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/u ... eak_in_fl/

There are apparently several stories of cannibalism/weird rashes/psychotic breakdowns just within the last 2 months. Most of them are popping up over the last week. It might be a seriously fucked up strain of LSD, or it might just be a seriously fucked up series of coincidences, but idk. I'm just going to wait for a few more days, see what else happens. More than likely, something else will.
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Ultimate troll:

Miami Zombie Attack Prank!
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

Just for the record, so nobody gets confused, LSD is generally pretty safe to use, and bath salts, while a hallucinogen, have nothing to do with LSD chemically.
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'

dobby_ashy
SupOP

Post by dobby_ashy »

Well, I think all this talk of the "Zombie Apocalypse" is completely ludicrous. Just because a few more cases of cannablism or strange behaviour have been reported than the normal amount, doesn't mean were on the verge of the world being taken over by zombies. Once again, the media have blown this all out of proportion.

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Thank you for your wise insight Dobby. We were all borderline on this issue before you came and enlightened us.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

dobby_ashy
SupOP

Post by dobby_ashy »

With all that said, I actually cannot wait till the zombie apocalypse. I am really hoping its in our lifetime but I doubt it highly. Still, I hope I have enlightened you Smokey.

Helio_
SupOP

Post by Helio_ »

dobby_ashy wrote:With all that said, I actually cannot wait till the zombie apocalypse. I am really hoping its in our lifetime but I doubt it highly. Still, I hope I have enlightened you Smokey.
How you envision yourself during a zombie apocalypse:

How you'll most likely end up:
We do what we must, because we can.

dobby_ashy
SupOP

Post by dobby_ashy »

How people envision me during a zombie apocalypse:
How I'll most likely end up:

(Drawn by me)

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

dobby_ashy wrote: How I'll most likely end up:

(Drawn by me)
Pff like you'll have electricity. And your beer is probably warm.
This post makes my post count increase by one!

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

In London town, televisions still have aerials.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

dobby_ashy
SupOP

Post by dobby_ashy »

The old ones do, the plasmas are too power consuming so my beers wont stay cold. Oh, and watch out guys, there's been another few cases of cannablism. Time to stock up on your ammo, supplies and start praying.