The Future of fCraft's Services

Discuss anything that doesn't fit other categories here.
valleycat14

Re: The Future of fCraft's Services

Post by valleycat14 »

i like survival because its fun and i dont like hard core and pvp that much :( can we make it where who wants to do creative choose to do it and who wants to play survival can choose to do it on cmp? :(

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

...what?
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

No. Their decision is made. Ollie apologized if it wasn't what you wanted and explained the reasoning behind the decision. Please do not continue to ask anymore.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Its hard to bring survival and creative aspects together, that's why they are being split into separate servers. If you mean you like the survival aspect of collecting resources and building a home without creative, then you can either stick with smp and find an isolated spot where no-one will bother you, or play tekkit which will probably be less pvp-centric.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Post by Element_Equinox »

The current SMP is just a cluster of PVP and CMP. Seperating those into 2 different servers is, in my opinion, a good thing. Just wait until the servers come out and see for yourself if you like the changes. You may be surprised.

I, for one, like the changes, and am curious to see how things will turn out. Keep us posted when things happen! :happyskeleton:
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

ThePringle

Post by ThePringle »

CMP, Great now I have another thing to be excited over while waiting.. :p

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

KingCrab wrote:No. Their decision is made. Ollie apologized if it wasn't what you wanted and explained the reasoning behind the decision. Please do not continue to ask anymore.
I wouldn't be as blunt as that for once. The decision isn't final, but it's very likely to stay the way it is. There is no way to determine how well the servers will get along together until we actually put them up, and until then I am happy to argue either way with anyone, however, valleycat14, you have not given a single argument for NOT switching to the new server scheme besides "But I LIKE SMP the way it is", whereas I have explained my reasoning behind the new plan. Keep in mind that ALL THE OWNERS HAVE DISCUSSED this new gameserver scheme, I am just the one who announced it.

We all believe that this setup would allow for more people to play the game how they want to, instead of being forced into other gamemodes. Hit Girl also explained that Survival won't be as hardcore as it sounds, not like a Hunger Games server or anything like that, just a more survival oriented version of what we have. More emphasis on PvE and PvP instead of everything in one big clusterfuck of a server.

Do you understand this reason? Or are you just going to tell me that you like SMP the way it is again?

I don't mean to single you out and be a dick to you by the way, sorry if it comes across that way.

valleycat14

Post by valleycat14 »

I wont argue anymore so you would see me around. Im sorry if i made anyone mad so see ya around on the new smp servers. :) I don't mind pvp that much but i don't like it when i do it because im bad at pvp :happyzombie:

Jjb14

Post by Jjb14 »

CMP server? SOUNDS WONDERFUL! :happycreeper: Anyhow, I'm really interested in seeing how this mod works out.

Thanks for making this, seems like it should be awesome for us builders and such.

I do have a couple quick questions-

Will ranks be transferred into the CMP server? Will masons still be able to build with mason perks, or will we have to start completely over on the rank path?

I don't mind starting over, but transferring ranks would be a plus...

Also, will builds made in the CMP server be able to be counted toward architect applications?

-My opinion (not like it matters :pig: ) I think they should, but considering the fact that there may be dynamic water, redstone, and more block types, I think the quality of the builds should be slightly higher. Slightly, because the standards are already high. :D

Thanks
Jjb

Also, I thrust a giant vote to move StainlessBlood's current SMP build to the hardcore server, or CMP server. Its just that epic.
LeChosenOne: Sometimes when I'm alone I cover myself with mayonnaise and pretend I'm a snail.

Kent: I have 10 periods a day.

McLaughlinKid
Anyone can have this, I don't want it.

Post by McLaughlinKid »

Sorry for derail. Jjb, I remember asking about mason apps with smp build, as far as I know they do count. I could be wrong but I see no reason as to why they wouldn't be counted. It is still built on fCraft's server so in my opinion it should count.

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

Away for a couple of months... and boom! Amazing stuff planned for fCraft.
Cannot wait to see all this come into fruition. It sounds incredible :)

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Any build you make on any of our services is fine for a rank application, it's silly to not. However, people DIDN'T really include SMP builds because we don't care about the resource collection phase, only the finished build, which discouraged people.

Rank transfer is probably not going to happen like you think it will. Trustee ranks will transfer, MAYBE supop if I have supop, and everyone who is currently ranked will be a veteran probably, and give us an application for mason or something, being that this will be a server that will take some getting used to. For example, people need to learn to respect the fact that they can't make a 50k block cuboid every two seconds, unlike fragmer's wildly optimised draw commands. For example, of course. However, I need to get a working server first, with the help of a small beta testing group of players sometime this week, maybe next.

valleycat14

Post by valleycat14 »

Would member ranks transfer or not? :skeleton:

surferdudeX
SupOP

Post by surferdudeX »

In the CMP server, would we be able to change between creative and survival mode?

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

surferdudeX wrote:In the CMP server, would we be able to change between creative and survival mode?
What would be the point in doing so?
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

For fun Crab.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

surferdudeX
SupOP

Post by surferdudeX »

KingCrab wrote:
surferdudeX wrote:In the CMP server, would we be able to change between creative and survival mode?
What would be the point in doing so?
I usually end up building games and stuff, which mostly revolve around being in survival while playing them.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Probably not. CMP will be limited in physics. I mean I'm not even sure if I want to keep mobs in just because they use so much CPU and since everyone will all ready be raping the server with draw commands it's a good idea to keep memory usage as low as possible otherwise. And I don't know about rank transfers yet shut up.

thelonedrummer18
SupOP

Post by thelonedrummer18 »

Would it be possible to transfer building projects from the current SMP server to the new CMP server?
berat13: Kitchen Accessories Ideas Try looking at http://www.kitchendesign1.co.uk. They have some amazing designs and prices.Kitchen Accessories Ideas

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

I dunno, maybe.

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Post by Element_Equinox »

A few questions that have popped into my head;

Out of curiousity, what will become of Initus and Salvezza? I never did get to mess around with Salvezza in minecraft, so it'd be nice to see it again (although this time with less guns and people trying to shoot me).

Also, what can we expect as far as changes in the Tekkit server? There's been talk of pretty much eliminating EE completely, blacklisting certain items in certain mods, making mobs harder, and a few other rumors. So, what do we get to play with?

And finally, is there a link anywhere for information on Wund's plugin? It'd be nice to have a list of what commands/tricks that are going to be added to the CMP server.
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Element_Equinox wrote: Out of curiousity, what will become of Initus and Salvezza? I never did get to mess around with Salvezza in minecraft, so it'd be nice to see it again (although this time with less guns and people trying to shoot me).

And finally, is there a link anywhere for information on Wund's plugin? It'd be nice to have a list of what commands/tricks that are going to be added to the CMP server.
Initus and Salvezza were projects that allowed Ollie and me to fool around with things we wanted to do in Minecraft, rpg. Design based on lore, quest functionality in a custom environment. The idea is that you'll see stuff like that of a much higher standard, partly with your help, in a finished state on fCraft.rpg

I don't think Wundsalz has published documentation of his w.i.p. plugin online.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

gopher333

Post by gopher333 »

personally I like SMP the way it is but i'm interested to see what the new servers will be like. It is kind of disappointing that the current SMP never got finished though (Initus and such). I do like the old style of playing but this could be possible on the new servers, I dont really know yet.

If not we can all just ditch :P lol jk ily fcraft.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

SMP Server
I love to play arround on a hardcore surfival.

CMP Server
I think i'll test my games here.

Tekkit Server
I realy want to see what tekkit can do for redstone, my next up project will be the old tic-tac-toe with redwire stuff. And maybe even take a shot on chess again.
First todo: setup production line for all the 'redstone plates'.

RPG Server
Now, this i love to see, and if allowed help with :)
I had great fun on the older servers to build 'quests', and so use redstone to help me with it.
With the right plugins, this is going to be awesome!
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

anal_blazer

Post by anal_blazer »

I was kind of bummed when I heard about the SMP changes...because I do like how you can pick and choose weather you want to participate in PvP or just build & explore in an SMP environment.

I think I would feel better about the changes as long as there will be some type of rules protecting players for having to deal with PvP in certain areas. Kind of like the rules are currently with posting signs that say "No PvP."

For instance, in a players build...as long as there was some type of protection or rules prohibiting people just grieving the shit out of builds and looking for ways to manipulate the rules to kill other players that are trying to build.

I'm open to giving anything a shot. But I imagine I will probably end up on the Tekkit server from what it sounds like (if I get whitelisted).

I think I'm more disappointed that I'm losing some hard earned inventory.

Oh well.

—anal

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

The thing is anal_blazer that people CAN'T pick and choose. They can decide on what style they WANT to play, but they keep getting thrust into situations they don't want to be in because if we spend time splitting the world up into PvP and non-PvP zones for building, is that not exactly like splitting it up into servers?

Flamewarrior199
SupOP

Post by Flamewarrior199 »

This is going to be incredibly exciting and I can't wait for some changes to happen! I'd like to point out the people who could all make it happen and just pat them on the back, clap for them, etc. The amount of effort and time required to make these changes is immense, so please show respect and be grateful :D

In all seriousness thank you.
[23:56] <Allie> Flamewarrior199 is drowning in bitches

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

Moonbase Alpha.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Yes and no. It would be bigger if we fragmented it so we can bring in people who don't wish to play the gamemodes they are being forced to. However the splitting of the servers allows for selective advertising, which is a positive since servers like the RPG server has no real possibility of being griefed (due to being a large adventure mode essentially), so it can be advertised to the general public. It's a rough assumption that we will grow to compensate the extra load and effort, however we're not going anywhere at the moment, so why not?

rwojy
Trustee

Post by rwojy »

One thing I wanted to mention, tekkit is going to be quite like the current smp, just with fucktons more awesomeness, and a bit different focus. Tekkit will be focused around cooperative gameplay, but PVP will still exist and such, but rules will be stricter for pretty much everything. Think of it as tekkit survival coop,where the goal isn't pvp, it's building fancy shit and surviving against toughned mobs.
Last edited by rwojy on September 6th, 2012, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
etc