Call for Donations!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit other categories here.
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Call for Donations!

Post by Lim-Dul »

Hello fCraft Community!

While we realize that our new services are being set up only gradually, we do need to ask for your help with keeping the servers alive.

In recent times we had to support our development VPS with a bail-out package, we had to extend our CrashPlan subscription (the thing that keeps all your maps and creations safe!) and were also paying for two servers in parallel for 1.5 months until the migration was finished. The donations for the whole month of October amount to only 34 Euros as of this post - I have to remind everybody that our server costs alone are now 79 Euros a month.

Long story short: We are out of community funds and I had to reach deep into my own pocket to cover outstanding bills.
Don't worry, there is no danger of the servers being taken offline or anything like that since I am very well able to sustain the payments BUT I'd much rather if everyone chipped in a bit.

We will be trying to set up attractive donation rewards for our community members but please remember that we don't want to encourage a "pay to play" or "pay to win" kind of model or even make donations without immediate reward seem unappealing.
If you like the community and would like to see it grow, please chip in.
Every bit helps and donating like 5 Euros a month shouldn't be a problem for anybody (who is over 18 years old and has some sort of income =).

We know that we had big-time contributors in the past but the current situation is precisely the reason why we wanted to avoid putting that much monetary stress on just a few people.

The donation drive is currently only a temporary measure to get us back in the black. In the future, I hope to take this post down and rely on regular donations like in the past - we were making very good headway up until recently, which is unfortunate, because now is the time when we faced the greatest expenses.

Thanks in advance!
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

Intertoothh
Trustee

Re: Call for Donations!

Post by Intertoothh »

Maybe handy if you added the donation link ;)
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Indeed that might be useful. :-P

Fixed.

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

2012.11.11 - donation status for this month: 0,00 EUR. :-<

Kittle
OP

Post by Kittle »

Well let me break the ice and cover this month's donation.

Confirmation number: 8K020072XM9191520

If you would be so kind to change my freebuild name to : &4_&cK&ei&at&2t&3l&1e&5_

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Aaand apart from one huge donation last month and three more by good-willed people we're still not getting anywhere. Balance for December so far: 2 Euros (minus PayPal fees, mind you)...

We really need that donation bar. -.-

Croy07
OP

Post by Croy07 »

It might be nice if what you CAN GET for donating would be added, as well. If people come here and see that, it might give a little more encouragement to do so. That's just what I think, unless there's another post that has it somewhere, in which case I would put a link to that as well.
*Croy Teleports into a half-slab*
Croy07: Well, this is awkward.
Dragonstar55: Wait there! I want a screen shot!
Croy07: My neck hurts...

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

Croy07 wrote:It might be nice if what you CAN GET for donating would be added, as well. If people come here and see that, it might give a little more encouragement to do so. That's just what I think, unless there's another post that has it somewhere, in which case I would put a link to that as well.
Show
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade