RPG RSVP and Character Creation

Discuss video games, films, clips, pictures, music, ponies and all kinds of other fun stuff here.
Hafnium
Owner

RPG RSVP and Character Creation

Post by Hafnium »

Brief: http://hafnium.ws/rpg/veunda/brief.htm

Post here if you can attend the IRC RPG game on Friday, December 16th at 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM EST. If so, post your character concept and skills here. Any questions about things labeled "see me" can also be addressed here.

If you are not participating in the game, please observe the topic only.

Expected players:
  • zzn13 creating character
  • Fehzor creating character
  • Hit_Girl creating character
  • Xesdra creating character
  • Ollieboy creating character
The first law of thermodynamics states that you don't discuss thermodynamics.

zzn13

Re: RPG RSVP and Character Creation

Post by zzn13 »

I have no character but you can expect me for the game.

Fehzor
Trustee

Post by Fehzor »

Character Name: Lestat Ferrel

Description-
The 23 yo son of a merchant, Lestat never had to work. He was raised by his mother as his father was always away. His father, William, was very profitable and left a decent amount of money and other things for him and his mother. Uninterested in school, and not in any need for work, he spent most of his time seducing the entire community that they lived in. He looks like Clay Aiken, and has no problem with incest. In fact, he has a way of making perfectly straight male cousins that are 22 fall for him. *cough*XESDRA*cough*

While he rarely has to participate in combat, he relies mostly on slashing with his poisonous dagger to kill, as he cannot do much with blunt force, and he cannot aim well with a bow. In battle, he often ends up as more of a support, slashing and stabbing opponents as his group takes them on head first. He has some knowledge of healing, and can assist his team mates once they are wounded.

Equipment-
He typically wears cloth shirts and pants, with leather boots. He also wears a light jacket, and uses a small poisonous knife to fight. The poison on the knife is not enough to kill outright, and is not incredibly ridiculous by any means- but it is able to make opponents nauseous after a few slashes.

Stats:
Attributes-
Strength ---- Mediocre
Stamina ---- Fair
Coordination ---- Fair
Intellect ---- Fair
Willpower ---- Fair
Charisma ---- Great

Skills-
Good: Seduction, Manipulate
Fair: Judge of character, Healing
Mediocre: Barter, Acting, Tactics, Society

Trait-
Attractive
Thoughts on Lim-Dul-
Lestat does not take shit from Lim-Dul, who would play a young optimistic fellow, who lives in his native country, and does not need to look for love on the internet, and who never makes fun of people.

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

Every rich family in this time period is a fan of incest. That's how that kind of thing went.

Your character looks fine. A more fleshed out backstory is always preferable, but you've reached the minimum.

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

Attributes-
Put Coordination to fair

Skills-
Good: Acrobatics, Athletics
Fair: Healing Knowledge, Mechanics
Mediocre: Sleight of Hand, Ranged

Trait-
Calm Demeanor

Description-
John (cbf trying to make one up), 22 yo son of an inventor and a healer, helped father with inventing crap, energetic, and is decent with a bow. Family is of average wealth, not poor but not rich. Has good morals and is not into incest, straight. (BL Fehz maybe you can hit on Hit :P)

Generic RPG character look. You know, the one that is first shown when you get to customise your character.
This post makes my post count increase by one!

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

Talathiel, of just age 19 has already had a traumatic & dramatic life. At the age of 7, Talathiel and her family had to flee the Stishnya due to a mishap between her father and an arrogant guard, which ended with the guard and a pool of blood, you do the math. Upon fleeing Stishnya her family had nowhere to go and was forced to migrate north, into the wooded region of Stishnyian. From the age of 7, to the age of 16 Talathiel and her family were living in a cottage crafted by her father, whom happened to be a lumberjack. Talathiel understandably didn't have a very educated upbringing, she was however blessed with something much more extraordinary her skills for hunting offered overwhelming capabilities, she could kill, skin, gut and cook a deer in just a few hours. Some may consider this as being an oddity to human nature, however had she of not learnt these survival skills Talathiel would probably not of survived due to some obscene event that happened around the age of 14 So dramatic, and gory I'd rather not go into it. Talathiels mother, was to thank for her cooking skills, she was simply divine, the best meat stew maker in the whole of <Continent name>. Sadly, she is not with us now, she coincidentally is the reason I'd rather not talk about the obscene event I previously mentioned, the only detail you need to know are that she is dead, and she did not die gracefully. So, now you've got a joist of her early life, becoming an adult for Talathiel was a completely new & a bewilding difference in comparison to her early years, her fathers distant Brother William Ferrel whom of which I had never met before, had only just heard word of us fleeing Stishnya, instinctively he was worried for his Brother and his family & sought out to find them. He had heard rumors from townsfolk, but rumors being rumors nothing was ever done about it in finding the them, William knew from a previous turn of evens that these rumors have infact a lot of potential to be true. On horseback, he traveled up and down <Continent name> looking for his brother, until he finally came to Stishnyian from a distance he could see smoke billowing in the air. He followed the trail of it, until he finally came to a completely wooden cottage that looked oh-so homely, a part of him died in side with jealousy. She saw the shadows under a crack in the door, her wild instincts then kicked in, Talathiel slipped out of a window around the back and then held her daggers close to his throat. He was astonished to say the least, but he managed to still be over-the-moon in seeing me & began greeting me telling me how much I had grown the general mindless relative chit chat.Talathiel's father appeared through the door, he literally screamed, his eyes opened like a snake dislocating its jaw to fit in its prey. They talked a bit, and came to an agreement, Talathiel & her father would go and live with their cousins in Veunda; they both packed what little belongings they had, and off they were, although it took close to Two months before arriving at destination. For the next 3 years, their new family taught Talathiel some basic social skills whilst she exchanged her cooking/hunting knowledge. Its fair to say, things definitely got better for them.

Attributes:
Strength ---- Mediocre
Stamina ---- Good
Coordination ---- Good
Intellect ---- Fair
Willpower ---- Fair
Charisma ---- Fair
Skills:
Acrobatics -- Fair
Acting ---- Poor
Athletics ---- Poor
Barter ---- Poor
Healing ---- Poor
JoC ---- Poor
Knowledge ---- Poor
Manipulate ---- Fair
Mechanics ---- Poor
Melee ---- Poor
Performance ---- Poor
Ranged ---- Good
Seduction ---- Poor
Sleight of Hand ---- Good
Society ---- Fair
Tactics ---- Poor
Unarmed ---- Poor
Trait:
Luck ---- LvL 2
Tad Crazy ---- Odd clothing, mannerisms. Emotionally ... troubled.
Armor & Weapons:
Chest ---- Hardened Leather Armor
Feet ---- Hardened Leather Sabatons
Hands ---- Light Leather Gauntlets
Head ---- Leather mask/head piece
Legs ---- Hardened Leather leggings
Waist ---- Fancy Leather belt capable of storing 8 throwing Knives
Wrist ---- Hardened leather bracers
Melee weapons ---- Two Fighting Knives.
Ranged weapons ---- Engraved solid yew shortbow + 8 Throwing knives
Back ---- Leather hunting Quiver (capacity: 12)
Shoulders ---- Light Leather Pauldrons
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

zzn13

Post by zzn13 »

Character Name: Riker

Age 27, Height 5'11”, Weight 177 pounds

Physical description- Caucasian of slightly above average height and build, dark close cropped hair. Simple clothes, scar approximately 4 inches in length stretching from base of left ear to chin.

Attributes:

Strength- Fair

Stamina- Fair

Coordination- Fair

Intellect- Good

Willpower- Good

Charisma- Mediocre

Skills:

Acrobatics - Poor
Acting - Terrible
Athletics - Poor
Barter - Mediocre
Healing - Poor
Judge of Character - Poor
Knowledge - Good
Manipulate - Good
Mechanics - Mediocre
Melee - Fair
Performance - Poor
Ranged - Poor
Seduction - Poor
Sleight of Hand - Poor
Society - Poor
Tactics - Fair
Unarmed - Mediocre

Faults:

Thanataphobia

Gifts:

Two-Handed Weapon Affinity, Knowledge of tongues

Back story Summary:

Riker is an heir to one of the more profitable wool producing families in the land. He left the central family unit at the age of 17 to attend one of the most prestigious schools in the land, at which he stayed for three years until the age of 20. Since that point, Riker has settled in a community based on learning and scholarship. However, three years ago the village was ravaged by a bandit horde and Riker was horribly defaced during the defense. More devastatingly, much of the research the community had done during Riker's time there was destroyed when the bandits razed the library to the ground. Since that time, Riker has been unable to function properly in society. He has lived on his own and has continued to conduct his own research, but is now called upon to return to his homeland to assume partial control of the family business. His only proficiency in combat lies in two-weapon fighting, as he finds this to be the most elegant form of weaponry. Riker hopes to apply much of what he has learned in school to the orchestration of a successful business. He can speak and understand virtually every language known to man.

EDIT: Equipment- Two rapiers, leather armor, trail rations for one week, simple longbow, quiver w/20 arrows. 3 assorted books on language, 30 foot coil of rope.
Last edited by zzn13 on December 15th, 2011, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

EDIT: Alright, amended things to match my backstory, which will still need work but it's like 1AM so deal with it. Need timeline info if someone has made one up. If I'm not there on Saturday morning/Friday night it's because I'm hungover. Start without me and disregard all this if such a thing happens.

Backstory
Growing up wasn't easy in the Badaseria household, a predominantly poor family living off the barren lands of Dralvas in the village of Tremmingway. Leliana was born into poverty by a dying mother, ravished by the toils of pregnant labor. She didn't last too long, leaving her father and 2 siblings to raise her.
The initial stages of her life were hard ones. Her father was a good, strong man who held up the work, however they reaped not near enough spoils for the work the family did. Her family used to jest that Leliana, a stunted grower, was short because of the work her father forced of her. She did what she could around age 8, collecting eggs, milking cows and fetching tools for her two brothers. She was also able to squeeze into tight spaces where others could not reach due to her stature, and became very good at sneaking around out of sight through awkward obstacles.
Her father grew very ill in the winter of [Insert relevant year here], halting progress on the farm. At this stage, Leliana was growing up as a hunter of small game around the property. She was 16 when she made her first kill; a rabbit in the cabbage field after being taught by her older brother, Sigmund, to shoot arrows. Her growing independence helped her get through her father's passing.
He had left memoires for the family. The brothers decided to keep the farming business up, however this time in the promising agriculture giant of Veunda. The outskirts of the town were brimming with success, and the Badaseria's had a contact in the city.
Being still relatively young, Leliana made her wage hunting over the next few seasons as her and her brothers raised the funds to travel to the new country. She grew a passion for it. The passion for the bow and arrow. Her training had served her well, and she seemed to always gain untapped power out of her Oak bow, gifted to her by Sigmund in her first training. Sinking deer, racoons, and many other pests throughout her shire she earned a respectable wage, and by the time she was 23, her family departed for Dralvas to dock the boat to Veunda.
Her brothers began their new farming business and hired some laborers from the city to initiate things, however since Leliana had no interest in the business she left off for [Place where we meet], from which a relative of her father was situated. Having no more than a name and a district, she set off, embarking unbeknownst to her on the greatest adventure of her life the moment she stepped off the boat.

Code: Select all

Character Profile
Name	Leliana Badaseria
Age	23
Hometown	Tremmingway, Dralvas
Height	5'1"
Gender      Female
Equipment;   The only non-stock equipment is an ordinary Oak bow that Leliana somehow gains proficiency with if that's allowed, and a cowl which she wore in her younger escapades that helps her sneaking or something. In accordance with the original thread, this can be the artifact/heirloom she own. All other equipment is stock/bad if I need to sacrifice to attain the other two things mentioned.

Summary 	A daring, minxy rogue who uses her large proficiency in archery and sneaking to achieve the job at hand. Her melee is terrible due to lack of strength (Aside from a hidden backstab, most if not all attacks will fail), which is made up for in her coordination and stamina. She has little skill in persuasion and guile, especially with interactions of the opposite sex, and her confidence lacks in large crowds. This confidence shot is brought from her all-male family issues. Her attractiveness brings on far too much unwanted attention. She was never a smart girl, yet she was smart enough to survive and keep out of trouble.

Code: Select all

Player Name		Ollieboy
Character Name		Leliana Badaseria
Attributes	
	Strength	Fair
	Stamina	Good
	Coordination	Good
	Intellect	Fair
	Willpower	Mediocre
	Charisma	Fair

Skills	
	Acrobatics	Fair
	Acting	Poor
	Athletics	Good
	Barter	Terrible
	Healing	Poor
	Judge of Character	Poor
	Knowledge	Poor
	Manipulate	Poor
	Mechanics	Poor
	Melee Terrible
	Performance	Poor
	Ranged	Great
	Seduction	Poor
	Sleight of Hand	Fair
	Society	Fair
	Tactics	Mediocre
	Unarmed	Poor

Gifts/Faults	TOTAL	1
	Perfect Vision	1
	Attractive   1
        Male Affinity  -1
	Short Temper	-1
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

Where is Teitlan still written? I thought I retired that name in favor of Veunda.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

No worries I just flogged it from the VRPG one I guess. Changes shall be made!

Edit: Also do the numbers relating to the word scales remain the same as in the VRPG thread or do they reflect the FUDGE system more of;

FUDGE Level 3-18 Level

Superb 18+
Great 16-17
Good 13-15
Fair 9-12
Mediocre 6-8
Poor 4-5
Terrible 3 or less
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie