Cube World

Discuss video games, films, clips, pictures, music, ponies and all kinds of other fun stuff here.
Ollieboy
Trustee

Cube World

Post by Ollieboy »

A new game that Arkaunis put me onto. It is in alpha stage but it is a voxel environment RPG. Note that it is unforgiving to newbies but still good fun! Play it and follow the updates.

I have included a CubeWorld server on the fCraft server, the details are below. Vote and comment on it.

http://cubeworld.serverlister.com/serve ... g-24-7-eng
I had to take the listing offline as the server cannot handle more than 8 players. However, the IP is as it always has been, mc.fcraft.net or whatever other DNS we have

Game is too buggy to maintain a server. Will have to wait for another update or ten. Play on other servers though, it's fun.

See the game here, and play it for 15 Euro

https://picroma.com/cubeworld

*Note that the game is new and unexpectedly popular. There will very likely be server problems to come, particularly related to registration and joining.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: Cube World

Post by Ollieboy »

Looks like world size is a problem. However, if we start a new world every now and again things should run fine, however the game is currently optimised for 4 players, and when you approach 9 players the server crashes.

Either way, server is up for a while.

Aleries
Trustee

Post by Aleries »

Picroma.com wrote:Classes... Specializations...
:D !
Picroma.com wrote:Manual Aiming
Enemies need to be targeted manually with a crosshair. There's no target locking. Good players will land more hits and thus deal more damage.

Active Dodging
Most attacks can be dodged with good reaction and proper timing. Dodging costs stamina and makes you immune against damage for a very short time. With skill and good stamina management, you can survive even the strongest attacks.

Combos
All creatures have armor and resistance. Armor decreases physical damage, resistance magical damage. Every time you hit an opponent, you get a combo point. The more combo points you have, the more armor/resistance of your enemy is ignored for your attacks. So if you succeed to build up enough combo points, you can penetrate even the heaviest armor.
:D :D !
Picroma.com wrote:The power of players, creatures, items and skills doesn't scale linearly or exponentially with the level, but it scales tangentially. So while levels can be between 1 and infinity, the corresponding power is between 1 and 100.
:D :D :D !

Picroma.com wrote:User registrations are currently disabled due to server maintenance. Please try again later.
Shut up and take my moniez and personal information already! D:
I'll go where ever my mind takes me.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Again, keep in mind that it is alpha :P Our server lasts on average about 30 minutes before the world size is too big or there are too many players and crashes. Still, is good fun just running around and killing voxel creatures. It's good played as a group until you get to a high enough level to play by yourself, so you can fully explore different continents without having to worry about the map getting corrupt.

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Post by Element_Equinox »

Couldn't recommend this game highly enough. It has a very enjoyable combat system, bosses and challenges that are actually challenging, and a pretty wide assortment of play styles. And it's only an alpha. I think Wollay (the creator) is going to add some stronger multiplayer support, as there are a fair amount of disconnects while trying to play online, but all in all, it's a great game, even at this stage. Beats Minecraft, anyway.
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

Looks awesome! This has inspired me to set up my debit card and paypal accounts, finally.
Looking forward to seeing if its as good as you say ;)

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

It doesn't have a whole hell of a lot of unique gameplay right now, but stay tuned with all the updates and you won't be disappointed.

Contact me if you want some online play, and I will kick up a server.

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

Shame that people are DoS'ing them. Shops been down for the last few days.
Edit; got it! Small window of opportunity and finally managed to get it. woohoo!

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

Fun game.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat