--PVP RULES--

Free forum for everything around the smp server not falling under other categories
Hit-Girl
Trustee

--PVP RULES--

Post by Hit-Girl »

PvP Rules:
- No teleporting to players and killing them.
- No using spawned items to kill players.
- No repeatedly killing the player, unless they of course keep coming back for more. (Lets say, anymore than Twice in a row for no reason than to be a dick will be considered grief, and thus punished as grief).
- You may only attack someone in their house, if they attack you first. You may not then return to the house and kill them.
- Looting of a player(s) corpse is fully allowed, and its up to the killer if they wish to do so.
- No using speed modification mods, or hacks of any kind when killing a player.
- You may not grief any blocks placed by other people in order to get to your opponent. You may, however, tunnel under/through naturally gen'd blocks to get to the person if at all possible.
- Respect sign instructions. (If somebody starts a small village,city or town with rules, respect those rules. If that rules states no pvp in 'this town', then its not allowed.)
- No killing a player if you're in creative mode.
- Do-not kill people for admin purposes.

If you fail to abide by these rules, you will be punished.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: --PVP RULES--

Post by Ollieboy »

Extra note,
Hit-Girl wrote:- No using speed modification mods, or hacks of any kind when killing a player.
No using hacks period. If you hack our server, we're going to know about it, and you can enjoy your lifetime ban from all our services.

THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO X-RAY AND ZOMBE'S MOD.

This will also be posted in a proper SMP rules section.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

tomsplz3
SupOP

Post by tomsplz3 »

how about optifog and optimine?

Sennec
SupOP

Post by Sennec »

You may, however, tunnel under/through naturally gen'd blocks to get to the person if at all possible.
I find this a bad rule, fucking up the ground under someone's house is grief imo.
Dogs fucked the Pope, no fault of mine.

Scrathy
Trustee

Post by Scrathy »

I don't think there is a problem of digging into somebodies place. This is a very good strategy. My only concern would be if the attackers don't repair the hole they came through.
Most people's houses have a mine connected to it, so that is a perfectly fine place to dig into.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

tomsplz3 wrote:how about optifog and optimine?
They are fine, and are even included in the SpoutCraft client.

I'm mostly referring to those two major mods and any derivatives which give them a ridiculous advantage over everyone.

Nizet
OP

Post by Nizet »

Ollieboy wrote:THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ZOMBE'S MOD.
Whaat? No fly?
“I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job.”

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Not when we release our proper survival server (which will most likely not be 1.9 with the full release about a month around the corner, but I'm not making any promises I can't keep).

prototypedesign
SupOP

Post by prototypedesign »

I don't think we even allow hacks now- the only to fly is in Creative.

Lightningbeard

Post by Lightningbeard »

hit knows how much i hate pvp lol, but i think that these are fair enough

prototypedesign
SupOP

Post by prototypedesign »

Yeah, they're fair. If you really, really, really hate PvP you could just macro /spawn or something (or is that against the rules?). Or you could just type reaaally fast.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

- Each time you get killed, you gotta lose a piece of clothing irl.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

I would kill the hell outta sanjar
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

prototypedesign wrote:Yeah, they're fair. If you really, really, really hate PvP you could just macro /spawn or something (or is that against the rules?). Or you could just type reaaally fast.
That is very against the rules.

If you really really really hate PvP you should go and play single player, or just deal with the fact that you might get killed. It's a multiplayer game, and those multiplayers want your head. And yes, that IS easy for me to say because I can throw creative on and fly around, and no, I don't care about being hypocritical. Or maybe I do, because I'm hypocritical?

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

prototypedesign wrote:Yeah, they're fair. If you really, really, really hate PvP you could just macro /spawn or something (or is that against the rules?). Or you could just type reaaally fast.
Most of the player killers hang out around the spawn. Plus, if you're just teleporting to the spawn all the time, why play the game?
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Well i'm not a PVP person myself, altho once in a while i enjoy it.
And this game has MORE to offer then only PVP.

And yes, i deal with the fact that i can get killed once a while.
Even try to pvp from time to time, but i suck at it :).
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

Is it against the rules to teleport to home or spawn while you are being attacked?

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

No. This way of transporting will be nerfed in some shape or form in 1.9, so shouldn't cause as many problems as it does now.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

prototypedesign wrote:If you really, really, really hate PvP you could just macro /spawn or something (or is that against the rules?).
Ollieboy wrote: That is very against the rules.
Okay Hit, sounds good. Ollie's statement just confused me.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

My bad, wasn't clear.

But yeah all teleport commands will have that timer thing we ran a little while ago where you need to sit still for like 4 seconds or some shit. At least...I'm PRETTY sure that was in CommandBook. We'll see.

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

Do you think we could have a rule where an armed player can't attack an unarmed or defenseless players unless they attack you first?

tomsplz3
SupOP

Post by tomsplz3 »

we need a rule made that states that if someone is building a house they cant be killed and all the stuff they have stolen.... last night me and 4 other people were killed repeatedly by crazykitteh cause they were building around spawn. crazy also snuck into the builders house and killed them also

i veiw that as very unfair to the person trying to build a house and they get 3 blocks placed then are killed.

surferdudeX
SupOP

Post by surferdudeX »

One of the rules is no PvP in someones house so technically what he did wasn't allowed. Did you tell him to read the rules on the forums?

beeriebeer
SupOP

Post by beeriebeer »

tomsplz3 wrote:we need a rule made that states that if someone is building a house they cant be killed and all the stuff they have stolen.... last night me and 4 other people were killed repeatedly by crazykitteh cause they were building around spawn. crazy also snuck into the builders house and killed them also .
It's against the rules to go into a other house and kill the house owner.

And i don't really like crazy, he is always insulting people when he died in pvp. Like your are a asshole.

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

Crazy is demoted.
cdferg wrote:Do you think we could have a rule where an armed player can't attack an unarmed or defenseless players unless they attack you first?
I don't see a problem with this, until it starts getting abused. E.g players will hide their sword, wait till their opponent is turned away, then slay them.

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

Hit-Girl wrote:
cdferg wrote:Do you think we could have a rule where an armed player can't attack an unarmed or defenseless players unless they attack you first?
I don't see a problem with this, until it starts getting abused. E.g players will hide their sword, wait till their opponent is turned away, then slay them.
so does this mean this is a rule or not

because i kinda like this rule

grts freewill
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Hit-Girl wrote:Crazy is demoted.
Huh? No he/she isn't. But either way don't demote them. I gave them a stern warning, and crazy said that not one of the players told him/her to not kill them, even after the act was done. The lack of clarity in the rules breeds a benefit of the doubt situation.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

WELL then, we have a problem then. I take back my don't demote him thing. And now lets not discuss player fate in an open forum :3

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

I've pruned the thread of hateful/unneeded messages, the problem was dealt with but the messages ranting dis-concern did not stop.
This is not the place to be openly discussing such a thing. If you have concerns about a player please directly contact me via a PM.

Kitteh

Post by Kitteh »

I just want to say out loud that the people i killed did NOT say "dont kill me" so i assumed they were still pvp'ing, this is a fault on there end, i admit i do over do pvp sometimes, but thats because pvp Is basically what
Ollie said.
Ollieboy wrote: If you really really really hate PvP you should go and play single player.
[Removed don't bash players]
the past 2 days i havnt broke any Major rules, at the start i did break some but Not on purpose because i didnt even know the rules then, when i finally read them was when i was demoted, im not asking anything im just saying please read this and take it into account.
-->&<-- Forbidden :O