/afk for everyone! (or at least vets)

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
Pystro
Trustee

/afk for everyone! (or at least vets)

Post by Pystro »

Since i've learned what a useful feature it is to be able to set other players /afk, i couldn't live without it any more.
It even has more than one use:
1: You can set players /afk who are offline for less than 4 minutes, so you can sleep right away without waiting for them to get kicked.
2: You can set unresponsive players afk, and if they loose the afk status right away you know that they are still moving (possibly busy fighting/fleeing, or simply ignoring you).

I understand that we want to give command permissions to Vet's and below sparingly, as most commands offer the possibility for abuse. But the possibility to abuse /afk is very limited. As far as i can see the only possibilty for abuse is to circumvent the afk-kicking, by removing the afk of another player - but i don't know if they won't be kicked after 5 minutes anyways! Also, this is not the only way to get another player to look online to the afk-kicker (snowballs, series of trapdoors, spleefing them slowly down a hole, ...).
Or it can be used for spam - but that can also be done with plain messages.

As we trust Vet's far enough that they don't evade afk-kicking by other means and also don't spam by other means, i would suggest to give Vet's the ability to afk other people! What do you guys say?

HaroxxVigor

Re: /afk for everyone! (or at least vets)

Post by HaroxxVigor »

Do not trust the Vet's :^)