[FIXED] /undo leaving behind chunks of a /paste

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
xKoreaNx
SupOP

[FIXED] /undo leaving behind chunks of a /paste

Post by xKoreaNx »

About 5 minutes ago (as of writing this) I copied a build over for a builder, and well... this happened.

This happened anywhere between 05:45-6:05 UTC (If the logs could show something, it would be around this time)

(I fail pasted this build hardcore)

Before the /undo:
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/812/ ... 923012.png
After the /undo:
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5792 ... 923013.png

You can also see a half pasted building in the background, that was one of my fail pastes that I /undid quickly before pasting another one. (It sent the message that it was undone, but only half of it actually dissapeared)

I'm not sure if you actually have to wait for the build to undo completely before pasting a new one, but I never have in the past and this has never happened.

I repaired the ground + sign and successfully pasted it, but thought I would report it here.

EDIT: Just tested it and figured out the bug, if you /undo and quickly /paste, the /undo is not completely undone, and stops immediately(?).

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: /undo leaving behind chunks of a /paste

Post by fragmer »

If you /undo anything while the command is still going, there may be issues like this. It's been that way for a while, and I am working on a solution.

xKoreaNx
SupOP

Post by xKoreaNx »

Bump, figured out something new.

If you /undo, and just type /paste (without even pasting anything) it will bug and stop undo-ing whatever you did.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but just thought I might add what I've found.

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

xKoreaNx wrote:Bump, figured out something new.

If you /undo, and just type /paste (without even pasting anything) it will bug and stop undo-ing whatever you did.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but just thought I might add what I've found.
You mentioned that already.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Good news! As part of the recent /paste rewrite, it's now possible to /undo it before it finishes, with no side effects. However, I still wouldn't recommend doing things like two overlapping paste/draw commands at once.