[INVALID] Emoticon bug.

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
Pothus
SupOP

[INVALID] Emoticon bug.

Post by Pothus »

Hello! On further examination on the emotes you acquire with the /emotes command, I found out on usage there's an added period, ~10 Cm from the actual emote.

Peektur
From what I know this happens with all emotes.

Arkaunis
SupOP

Re: Emoticon bug.

Post by Arkaunis »

If I remember correctly, someone told me this is actually unavoidable due to the configuration of the minecraft classic code.

Scoot or someone with more knowledge about it can probably clear it up.
Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest
White is cold and always yearning burdened by a royal test
Black the beast descends from shadows
Yellow beauty burns gold

nope__avi

Post by nope__avi »

I'm pretty sure it helps avoid ballsing everything up.
nope__avi

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

From the fCraft wiki:
Minecraft client has many quirks when dealing with emotes. Some of them require padding or a suffix to be inserted after the symbol to work properly. That's why you may sometimes see dots at the end of lines that end with symbols, and why with non-standard clients (e.g. Charged-Miners) may show extra space or symbols in chat after the emotes.

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

fragmer wrote:From the fCraft wiki:
Minecraft client has many quirks when dealing with emotes. Some of them require padding or a suffix to be inserted after the symbol to work properly. That's why you may sometimes see dots at the end of lines that end with symbols, and why with non-standard clients (e.g. Charged-Miners) may show extra space or symbols in chat after the emotes.
Could you then possibly change which character is printed? The dot at the middle of your screen gives you an OCD attack even though you don't have OCD :p. For instance, MCLawl and it's forks prints this one simple -> ' <- immediately after the emote.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Re: [INVALID] Emoticon bug.

Post by fragmer »

When 0.635 was in testing, I tried many different ways of handling emotes. Most people liked having that dot at the end of a line. It would not be hard to add an option to move that dot closer to emote itself. But I don't see how a quote mark would be any less obtrusive than than a period/dot.

So - if you'd like - I can add MoveEmoteDotToEndOfMessage config key (default: true).

BobKare

Re: [INVALID] Emoticon bug.

Post by BobKare »

fragmer wrote:When 0.635 was in testing, I tried many different ways of handling emotes. Most people liked having that dot at the end of a line. It would not be hard to add an option to move that dot closer to emote itself. But I don't see how a quote mark would be any less obtrusive than than a period/dot.

So - if you'd like - I can add MoveEmoteDotToEndOfMessage config key (default: true).
Sounds like a brilliant idea.