[Tekkit] On the Topic of Mobs Destroying Torches

Want to provide feedback or have a question regarding the Tekkit server? Post away!
TheBeardmaster
SupOP

[Tekkit] On the Topic of Mobs Destroying Torches

Post by TheBeardmaster »

I have serious issues with this choice of direction. If you want more mobs to spawn - if you want your game to be more XTREEM TO THE M4X, just don't light your mining areas. For those of us who want a little respite from the onslaught of mobs that hit way too hard, this is just a pointless annoyance.

I'm sure those of you who have already spent hours and hours on the server will be like "it makes things harder, lulz, deal with it." What you don't realize, though, is when you start on the server, you can't make armor. Iron is scarce, and without it you can't make any good armor. This leads to any and every mob two-shotting you. You'll need to just plain give up on getting your gear back, if you die, because there's no way to make it past a skeleton. And to top it off, you can't keep mobs from spawning, because that one lone block you don't have sufficient lighting for will spawn a mob that will seek out and destroy all your other torches, thus making lighting pointless to begin with.

So go on, rip me apart for complaining that you've made the game more annoying than fun. At this point, nothing you can say will make me more frustrated than the 8 attempts I tried, and died, at trying to retrieve my gear from where I died.
So apparently some people made a movie about me....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGWmUPuvlso

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: [Tekkit] On the Topic of Mobs Destroying Torches

Post by Ollieboy »

Mobs won't get weaker, that is a certainty because it addresses the developed player's OP equipment. It is a matter of balance since Tekkit is stupidly overpowered. However I would like to hear if other people dislike the torch killing, which is at this stage an optional effect.

Also another goal of the setup was to force players into organic teams as a new gameplay angle, as I'm sure you have noticed striking out on your own is an ineffective choice. This is NOT something that rwojy and I intend to remove.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Jjb14

Re: [Tekkit] On the Topic of Mobs Destroying Torches

Post by Jjb14 »

Ollieboy wrote:Also another goal of the setup was to force players into organic teams as a new gameplay angle, as I'm sure you have noticed striking out on your own is an ineffective choice
This is very true. Burn22 and I teamed up, and the going has been much easier since then. Can you get a friend online to team up with? :D
Ollieboy wrote:However I would like to hear if other people dislike the torch killing, which is at this stage an optional effect.
The torch killing was and is a nuisance. However, it is not something that can't be dealt with. Burn and I, as soon as we got enough obsidian to make a nether portal, began mining with glowstone. It makes things much easier.

Also, I would suggest you get a condenser as fast as possible! You can take materials you may not use that much, such as nikolite, and make useful ones like iron.

Hope this helps, not trying to offend you.
LeChosenOne: Sometimes when I'm alone I cover myself with mayonnaise and pretend I'm a snail.

Kent: I have 10 periods a day.