Main hygiene Issues.

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
Hog622

Main hygiene Issues.

Post by Hog622 »

we have at least 4 ops on and minutes after a wipe main looks like this.
Show
it took me maybe a minute to turn it to this
Show
but thats not the thing that concerns me.

The grief should be prevented in the first place. after a wipe its so easy to catch griefers.
i can understand if its 30 min. but lets at least make an effort to make main look nice after a wipe.

i know the ops need breaks. but can we please keep it clean after a wipe?

Things we could do to avoid this.

Watch main 10 minutes after a wipe
Do a 5 minute cleanup every once in a while
FCB1 cdferg: hog is hawt

KingCrab

Re: Main hygiene Issues.

Post by KingCrab »

Considering the amount of players, that is not that bad. I'm also sure that the OPs (even with that many) don't need to clean up EVERYTHING they see. Its just impossible. Sure, we can clean up the random holes or tunnels we see. I know I do. But we aren't perfect.

However, that being said. Yes, we should pay a little more attention rather than dicking around in staff chat. I'm especially bad about it at times. We could do a little more to prevent it.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

we had 30 players. its not that hard to spot a griefer right after a main wipe

and they weren't even on main.
Last edited by Hog622 on June 1st, 2011, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

JuncoPartner

Post by JuncoPartner »

Really people should be zoning a spawn on a different map, loading that as main, then setting the build permission to op, which lets the players spread out instead of running out and spleefing eachother.

When there's a wipe it's all hands on deck.
I HAVE FALLEN INTO A GIANT HOLE -guest

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

all im saying with 4 ops on and 30 players. grief like that shouldn't happen right after a main wipe

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

All I see here is whining, what's the problem? If main is dirty then garden it yourself. It's not a big deal. When buildspace becomes an issue we wipe it again. It's impossible to have a completely grief free main without zoning every single build regardless of how big it is.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

none of the 4 ops were on main.

im not whinning. im saying it shouldn't happen. if i were on i would've done something. this is just me saying.
JuncoPartner wrote:When there's a wipe it's all hands on deck.
and i know that smokey. it was right after a wipe which is the one time it should be grief free or close to grief free.

the problem is the grief happened. and that amount in that short period of time. and i was gardening it myself

lucky_pierre
SupOP

Post by lucky_pierre »

You know, it is very possible that the reason the online OP's weren't patrolling was that they were frantically jumping from world to world
to see if they had been shifted (which the majority had been),
and at the same time there had been a builder/donator griefer who for some reason couldn't accept what he/she had done.

Oh also, the zone on the spawn shifted with the map, so that's what happened there.

By the way, sorry if it seems like I'm jumping down your throat. Yeah...
Last edited by lucky_pierre on June 1st, 2011, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
piss 2017

xKoreaNx
SupOP

Post by xKoreaNx »

Yeah we were going through the maps, read Lim's thread about it.

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

that explains it.
but for future purposes you might as well leave one op to look at main.

i feel like such an idiot right now

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

lucky_pierre wrote:You know, it is very possible that the reason the online OP's weren't patrolling was that they were frantically jumping from world to world
to see if they had been shifted (which the majority had been),
and at the same time there had been a builder/donator griefer who for some reason couldn't accept what he/she had done.

Oh also, the zone on the spawn shifted with the map, so that's what happened there.

By the way, sorry if it seems like I'm jumping down your throat. Yeah...
in my defence they weren't dealing with the donator at that time.

and your forgiven, it was my mistake not yours.

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

i'll be honest with you Hog, while I'm not a OP... I really don't notice that much difference in your screenshots other than that you removed .. what?... some random plant blocks that were spammed?

That's pretty nitpicky if you ask me.

Theres no stopping things getting a bit messy on a map reset unless you can disperse the guests all across the map instead of all being in 1 area. I'd rather the OP's spend their time watching and stopping the griefers doing that stuff than spending anytime at all cleaning up after them. Because while they are cleaning it up, another griefer will be doing it and making it worse.

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

jxfuller wrote:i'll be honest with you Hog, while I'm not a OP... I really don't notice that much difference in your screenshots other than that you removed .. what?... some random plant blocks that were spammed?

That's pretty nitpicky if you ask me.

Theres no stopping things getting a bit messy on a map reset unless you can disperse the guests all across the map instead of all being in 1 area. I'd rather the OP's spend their time watching and stopping the griefers doing that stuff than spending anytime at all cleaning up after them. Because while they are cleaning it up, another griefer will be doing it and making it worse.
if u've ever seen a wipe u'll know what im talking about, your missing the point.

there were some circumstances i didn't know about at the time. in most wipes you aren't having ppl being spawn spleefed and grief like that.

and if you've ever been a guest, grief drives you away from the server. and that was one minute.

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

Hog622 wrote: if u've ever seen a wipe u'll know what im talking about, your missing the point.

there were some circumstances i didn't know about at the time. in most wipes you aren't having ppl being spawn spleefed and grief like that.

and if you've ever been a guest, grief drives you away from the server. and that was one minute.

actually i've seen a lot of wipes since I joined the server (about 1 month ago) and every time things get a little messy. there hasn't been a single wipe that I've seen where there hasn't been some spleefing and some random blocks strewn about from the get go.

Also that type of griefing isn't what drives guests away. It's the griefing of guest's builds that does.

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

but they are all fixed and players kicked.

anyways thats what normally happens. it didn't happen so i made a post.

turns out there was some fcraft error that they had to deal with so its all good

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Code: Select all

/r air grass
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

shankd0g

Post by shankd0g »

To be honest. i really feel like the ops shouldn't be fixing grief, they should be preventing it.

It seems that builders, in an effort to be a contributing member on the server, like to patrol when they really shouldn't.

I say we simply redirect thier energy and strongly suggest that they participate in 'grief relief'.

This would include removing 1x1 towers, filling random holes and deleting blatent spam.

Grief relief doesn't have to be limited to builder rank either. Obviously there are vets who enjoy helping out and so they can also be redirected to help clean up.

At the end of the day I do feel like there should be some sort of community service aspect to coming up through the ranks which would include picking up a little trash now and then.

"Grief Relief" can be discussed with all newly promoted builders as part of thier initial school training and eventually that behavior will become the norm.
***** This user has left the building. *****

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

facepalm.

the grief happened there though. thats what im talking about. i clearly stated in the topic post
Hog622 wrote: but thats not the thing that concerns me.

The grief should be prevented in the first place.
right after a wipe when all u have to do is fly up and look down to find a griefer.there was a map issue that pulled all the ops away, which is why this happened.

and i like the grief relief idea.
Can we just drop this topic? cause when i posted this i didn't know why they weren't on main kicking griefers.
Last edited by Hog622 on June 1st, 2011, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilde
OP

Post by bilde »

shankd0g wrote:"Grief Relief" can be discussed with all newly promoted builders as part of thier initial school training and eventually that behavior will become the norm.
As I tutor alot on school, maybe ill try to do this in my next "class". Like the idea. :)
Meh...

Hey_Blinkin

Post by Hey_Blinkin »

I was going to say something along with what shank said. I think we should have a system of what the ranks should do.

Builders - since the bottom of totem pole should do the cleaning and lava/water demands.

Vets - should do the freezing and kicking this would leave more time for the ops to promote those that are crying for it before they get griefed.

Ops - promoting.

I see it sort of like the US army.
Builders are privates
vets are the sgts
ops are the lts
supop is the cols
trustee gen
owners presidents

mason WO's
architects CWO

those are just my 2 cents
Did you say Abe Lincoln?

shankd0g

Post by shankd0g »

no hog. no we can't drop it.
you made your poop... now sit in it!

:D

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

The only problem I see with "Grief Relief" is that some may remove partially griefed buildings, having the mentality that "it's already destroyed, might as well remove it". As long as we limit it to 1x1 towers and dirt holes, then it'll be fine.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

at least it trigged a discussion of grief relief.

we should probably start doing this grief relief. then maybe a month later see how its doing and see how we can tweak it.

some common sense things to do while grief relifing

if u see a rule breaker deal with them with the according warn kick

tp to ppl who say so and so is a griefer. (especially if we have 1 op on).

xKoreaNx
SupOP

Post by xKoreaNx »

Hog622 wrote:at least it trigged a discussion of grief relief.

we should probably start doing this grief relief. then maybe a month later see how its doing and see how we can tweak it.

some common sense things to do while grief relifing

if u see a rule breaker deal with them with the according warn kick

tp to ppl who say so and so is a griefer. (especially if we have 1 op on).

I honestly don't feel comfortable having builders regularly moderate, since they don't have freeze, or (this applies to half of them, if not more) the experience/maturity to deal with griefers.

I <3 the idea of builders going around cleaning up things though. I remember when I was a member I came on every day and filled grass for an hour.

Just my 2 cents

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

i have to agree with xkorean about builders moderating unless there are NO ops and NO vets on or moderating (like what happened last nite). last nite there was no ops on and 2 vets that weren't moderating and it was only 1 builder that was moderating.

Builders don't have the /bring command or the /freeze command, making it difficult to stop griefers because they will be griefing as the builders are warning them.

(I love the /bring command for messing with griefers lol).

Pandorum

Post by Pandorum »

Just throwing it out here, on my server we have a 64x64 pre-built spawn, when there's a wipe, people respawn in there and by the time they get out of the zone they gave up their ideas of spamming blocks or destroying the ground. I rarely see anyone grief anything. Of course there's always exceptions but I had wipes with NO grief at all out of the 30-ish guests on. Then it's really easy to spot a griefer and I just kick/ban him and all's fine for like 1-2 hours until I can't see people anymore. :B
<KingCrab> oh btw, did you Kirshi is my babie's daddy?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

That's basically the same as setting main OP+ for the first few minutes.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Hog622

Post by Hog622 »

Pandorum wrote:Just throwing it out here, on my server we have a 64x64 pre-built spawn, when there's a wipe, people respawn in there and by the time they get out of the zone they gave up their ideas of spamming blocks or destroying the ground. I rarely see anyone grief anything. Of course there's always exceptions but I had wipes with NO grief at all out of the 30-ish guests on. Then it's really easy to spot a griefer and I just kick/ban him and all's fine for like 1-2 hours until I can't see people anymore. :B
and pando has an intial world. that forces you to read the rules to figure out how to get to freebuild. its basically an idiot filter.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Actually, /wmain on a rules map with instruction to type /j main to build is not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

shankd0g

Post by shankd0g »

agreed!

so who's goign to build it?