-{Building Contest}-

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
Hit-Girl
Trustee

-{Building Contest}-

Post by Hit-Girl »

First of all, I'd like to apologize in advance for the effort and determination that has gone into the previous contests, we will not be announcing a winner, or rewarding anyone. This is partly due to my fault on not advertising the contest enough. I can assure you that will change with the new theme, as we have several ideas on how to gain more contestants and make people more aware of it.

What is the contest, you may ask; good question and its really easy to explain, players participate in a build-off against other players in a race against time event, building something which is related to the theme at the time. (You will have a week to finish your builds, unless stated otherwise). This will not appeal to everyone, however, should you wish to win one of our epic prizes (to be explained later on in the post) then you'll need to participate and build the best thing you can possibly think of. This project shouldn't take you a day to complete, you should take care and pride in your build, think of every last detail that you could include.

Prizes. So, as I previously mentioned to win the contest, you must produce the best build. Should you do so, you'll win One of our prizes and get your build starred in the HallOfFame map. Still not buying it? Here's a taster of whats on offer for you to win:
- Frozen Synapse.
- Magicka and all patches/packs.
- GTA including all previous versions.

These are a mere taster of what you could win, and the more interest we get, the better the prizes we will reward in the future.

The contest will be judged by a group of non-biased event planers/judges. This ensures no cheating, no unfairness, and ultimately the best winner.

p.s I've no doubt missed loads of stuff out, so be sure to check this thread over the coming days for any updates.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: -{Building Contest}-

Post by Ollieboy »

(It also helps if you have Steam as the last 2 prizes are Steam based reward codes)
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

Hit-Girl wrote:Congratulations to cdferg, our contest winner!
I'd like to thank the academy....
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

There is a time limit as well to this contest so copy'ng stuff from other worlds into the contest world is considered cheating and your build will be removed.

Also dont take up to much space, please leave some room for the others.
But most of the time: 'bigger = more detail = more change to win'.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Don't build giant creepers consisting of three cuboids.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Sanjar Khan wrote:Don't build giant creepers consisting of three cuboids.
Hit-Girl wrote:This project shouldn't take you a day to complete, you should take care and pride in your build, think of every last detail that you could include.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Cannot be stressed enough.

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

Intertoothh wrote:There is a time limit as well to this contest so copy'ng stuff from other worlds into the contest world is considered cheating and your build will be removed.

Also dont take up to much space, please leave some room for the others.
But most of the time: 'bigger = more detail = more change to win'.
Well, if they actually use the space and produce something amazing with that space then its fine. After all, we can just load up another contest world if the main one gets full.
So, I'd like to elaborate on this. Don't make huge cuboided builds then don't do anything with them. A great example of this is what Sanjar previously said with the 3-Cuboid-Creeper.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Can we use our own worlds? And when will this contest be?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

There is a time limit as well to this contest so copy'ng stuff from other worlds into the contest world is considered cheating and your build will be removed.

Trepvalkyrie

Post by Trepvalkyrie »

Oh if only MC worked for me...

Shame i've already got Frozen Synapse and GTA.
GTA is the worst port ever made in the history of gaming, my computed tends to get hot, real hot when playing it, and by hot I mean burst into flames and cook my power supply... i can tell you it's quite scary looking under your desk and seeing the back wall lit up like a christmas tree, along with the sound of cartoon electricity (really it sounds like an electric chair in a cartoon), oh and it nukes my hard drive (happened three times so i've given up trying to complete GTA IV)

Go frozen synapse, it doesn't make your PC spontaneously combust.
That is a positive.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Computer; you're doin' it wrong!

I have GTA as well and the whole thing is working perfectly for me. Time for you to upgrade, methinks :P
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Snave2
#J

Post by Snave2 »

Although there was no winner on the previous contest, was the map file saved? I'd like to copy my build over to my world so I can make the entire creature. If not, I guess I'll build it offline but that's no fun. :skeleton:
You look around on Middle-Earth
as if she for no purpose bore you,
as if you were her first-born birth,
and none had lived before you.

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

Snave2 wrote:Although there was no winner on the previous contest, was the map file saved? I'd like to copy my build over to my world so I can make the entire creature. If not, I guess I'll build it offline but that's no fun. :skeleton:
Yep its saved in the archive folder, name should be something like: contest_horror_Oct_2011. If I'm not on at time, get a supop to load the world so you can copy/paste it.
boblol0909 wrote:Can we use our own worlds? And when will this contest be?
The contest is up an running, the theme this time is: Future. I've also extended the deadline to Two weeks.

kattoo
Trustee

Post by kattoo »

Since I just got contacted by YouTube and only one last step is required of me to get the partner status - I'll offer myself to cover every contest with a summary clip and if, over time, I get some revenues from these clips - I'll sponsor an award :)
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon