Contest Winners

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
Hit-Girl
Trustee

Contest Winners

Post by Hit-Girl »

The voting has ended, and we have our winners from the 'Magic' building contest, it gives me great pleasure to announce them:

In 1st place is KingCrab72, well done!
2nd place goes to HeyBlinkin
And finally, in 3rd place is Jxfuller
Now, I'd just like to say that this was extremely hard to judge, everyone truly out-done themselves with every single entry, so if you didn't win, don't feel bad & better luck next time.
Well done to everyone whom participated, very, very nice entries.

As the winnner is now announced, the new contest will start. The new contest theme will be 'Crime & Justice'
------------------------------------Previous Contest winners.------------------------------------
Theme: Future
Show
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

Helio_
SupOP

Re: Contest Winners

Post by Helio_ »

Congratulations to all contest winners! :lava:
We do what we must, because we can.

Pemalite
Trustee

Post by Pemalite »

Congrats guys! Truly deserved! :)

Loving that Mass Relay by the way.
Xecutioner91890: I wanna meet the owners that would be a dream !
<@hafnium> Fuck off

ilikepieyum13

Post by ilikepieyum13 »

gratz guys!!! cant wait for the next contest :happycreeper:
Crocosandman: im diiging a hole to fill with water
Crocosandman: i do it like a greifer to make it look natural

You were muted by ftscreator for 100w0d

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

Congrats Xesdra and Boblol, and thanks everyone! :D
[12:43] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You are the sexiest chick ever.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

The contest(s) really needed to be more advertised.... I did not even know about it. No one even talks about it and there is not even any announcements about the contest or when it ends or what theme it is......

Even an announcement/sticky on the forum would be good about any current contest(s) going on. Or better yet, a billboard on main advertising or on builder+ worlds to let players know about it.

With that said... is there any contest going on right now? How will we know when the next one will start?

Allie

Post by Allie »

jxfuller wrote:The contest(s) really needed to be more advertised.... I did not even know about it. No one even talks about it and there is not even any announcements about the contest or when it ends or what theme it is......

Even an announcement/sticky on the forum would be good about any current contest(s) going on. Or better yet, a billboard on main advertising or on builder+ worlds to let players know about it.

With that said... is there any contest going on right now? How will we know when the next one will start?
Sorry you didn't get the memo D: There is a new contest beginning today (I believe), and it will last for 2 weeks. The theme is "magic", as Hit-Girl said above. I might take you up on that billboard idea, that sounds good!
<CMB> KingCrab72: Some mixture and contrast would be nice tbh Ollie
<Ollieboy> Some mixture and contrast of your face on my penis would also be nice

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

jxfuller wrote:The contest(s) really needed to be more advertised.... I did not even know about it. No one even talks about it and there is not even any announcements about the contest or when it ends or what theme it is......

We had to create three additional contest maps because of all the entries...
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

how long ago was this contest? I never saw any contest maps in the worlds list. Also, it's bad if the only way to find out about a contest is by doing /worlds to see if theres contest worlds.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

I understand that you are a little cross that you didn't get to participate in a contest of your preferred theme, but I assure you we (Hit) will do our utmost to advertise the current and all future contests so far as we haven't done that with this one.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

The announcements were on rotation in the server and there was talk on the forum. We apologise for not knocking on the door to your bedroom and delivering to you the comprehensive contest pamphlet and followed it up with several emails. I especially apologize for not leaving you a phone message.

No, the only way to find out about it wasn't typing /worlds. There was a message about the contest every ~30 minutes on the server and there was a dickload of talk in the server that I constantly witnessed on IRC from participants, and Hit's personal advertising of it. I'd appreciate it if you weren't so rude about the "poor advertising" of this when the team has worked their respective asses off on it.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

jxfuller wrote:how long ago was this contest? I never saw any contest maps in the worlds list. Also, it's bad if the only way to find out about a contest is by doing /worlds to see if theres contest worlds.
It went through the first 2 weeks of Nov I think... or maybe last week of Oct and first of Nov, somewhere around there.
This post makes my post count increase by one!

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

The announcements were on rotation in the server and there was talk on the forum. We apologise for not knocking on the door to your bedroom and delivering to you the comprehensive contest pamphlet and followed it up with several emails. I especially apologize for not leaving you a phone message.

No, the only way to find out about it wasn't typing /worlds. There was a message about the contest every ~30 minutes on the server and there was a dickload of talk in the server that I constantly witnessed on IRC from participants, and Hit's personal advertising of it. I'd appreciate it if you weren't so rude about the "poor advertising" of this when the team has worked their respective asses off on it.

I saw the contest saying on server rotation, but when I went to a contest map, I didn't see anything relevant on end date or start date of the contest. This is probably because I saw the end date for it and was like "wtf?".

It came to my attention that the end date is being displayed in European fashion with day/month/year instead of the American fashion with month/day/year.

Also the contest I saw, was for a scary contest or something? Was this space contest before that?

There should be a separate sticky post for the current contest on the forum with:

Theme:
Start date:
End date:
Prize:

The only talk I see about contests is in the sticky post "building contest", where the next to last post in that thread says the theme of the contest. It should have it's own sticky post.

The server rotation saying "bi weekly contests", is very generic and anyone can easily mistake it as just an automatic, outdated or non-relevant message. It should be something more like "Bi-weekly contests for builder+!! Current contest: Space; Ending: 12/5/2011"

The only talk about a contest I've seen on the server is, "when does contest end?" or "have winners been chosen?"

Normally I would have been able to figure out what was going on, but I could not figure out the information about contests until just a little bit ago when it was brought to my attention that the date is displayed the Euro way.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Not the "euro" way, the proper way. Why would you place month before day, thats just as dumb as not using the metric system.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

We apologise even more sincerely for not using a backwards American system that only Americans use for the date to demonstrate when the VERY MUCH SO active contest was running. Yes, the one that had 3 maps made for it due to entries.

Considering it seems like you were the ONLY person who had a problem with entering, do you REALLY think we are the problem here?

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

Just enter in the next contest. Shrug the last one off. :twisted:
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

Ollieboy wrote: do you REALLY think we are the problem here?

That would be a yes. Those simple changes I listed would make the contest advertisement 100% better.

It would make it so that people who do not login or check the forums very often see a contest going on much easier. Then those people might login more during the contest to participate.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

What the fuck jxfuller

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

If you're not going to log into the server and you're not going to check the forums, then of course you're going to miss the contest. But fact is it was talked about a lot during the time it was going on (and also after it was done when we were waiting to hear the results), we needed 4 worlds to fit all the contest entries, and the only thing shy of sending PMs to every person to advertise for it would possibly be a contest banner on main, which I'm sure will be made at some point since these contests are getting more popular. You could have just asked somebody if the contests were still going on, or if there was a new one, or what was going on. You don't need to give the event planners a hard time just because you were out of the loop and didn't bother to ask anybody what was going on.
[12:44] <FCB1> +Pemalite: N8G. You so sexy. I wanna touch and stroke your luscious beautifull hair like it was my own and hear you purr.

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

xN8Gx wrote: If you're not going to log into the server and you're not going to check the forums, then of course you're going to miss the contest.
Well I never said that, i said for people who don't login or check the forums that often. Making the information about current contest more viewable on a quick glance in the game or on the forum is a good thing.
xN8Gx wrote:
But fact is it was talked about a lot during the time it was going on (and also after it was done when we were waiting to hear the results), we needed 4 worlds to fit all the contest entries, and the only thing shy of sending PMs to every person to advertise for it would possibly be a contest banner on main, which I'm sure will be made at some point since these contests are getting more popular. You could have just asked somebody if the contests were still going on, or if there was a new one, or what was going on. You don't need to give the event planners a hard time just because you were out of the loop and didn't bother to ask anybody what was going on.
The thing is, I shouldn't have to talk to people to figure out what is going on. I don't talk very much or converse that much while in Minecraft and a lot of times I won't see what is going on in chat.

I think the changes I'm suggesting are fairly reasonable and easy to implement and would make advertisement for contests much better on just simple changes.

xN8Gx

Post by xN8Gx »

jxfuller wrote:The thing is, I shouldn't have to talk to people to figure out what is going on. I don't talk very much or converse that much while in Minecraft and a lot of times I won't see what is going on in chat.
If you're going to choose to be only partially involved in the community, then part of that trade-off is you're setting yourself up to be left out of the know of what happens in the community. The event planners are doing their job; they can't be blamed if someone chooses to not pay attention or ask questions if they don't know something. They shouldn't need to spoonfeed information to people who refuse to ask questions or try to get information on their own.

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

i wouldn't call having relevant information easily obtainable/viewable being spoonfed.

Snave2
#J

Post by Snave2 »

Congratulations guys! We definitely need a video presenting the winning builds, as well as random category winners (no prize, just for fun). This would not only promote the contest on youtube or wherever, but it would also keep people motivated to enter even if they don't think they could top as the best build. I'm talking about things like the cutest build, lol build, most random build or even a fail build. This is just me but I probably wouldn't devote lots of time and effort to enter a contest if I knew I had no chance in winning, but if there was a chance of my build getting showcased at the end of a popular video, then I'd be more inclined to participate.

I see the contest as a way to give purpose to this crazy sandbox. Let's expand on that.
You look around on Middle-Earth
as if she for no purpose bore you,
as if you were her first-born birth,
and none had lived before you.

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

Snave2 wrote:Awesome video idea!
Cool idea, but I don't think the fail build would be that motivating :P
This post makes my post count increase by one!

kattoo
Trustee

Post by kattoo »

I'll work on a video as soon as I have some free time (should happen during the weekend, hopefully).

Btw. If I'm on Steam and playing Skyrim, chances are it's not me playing as occasionally my friend logs and plays aswell.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Or your brother.

Kittle
OP

Post by Kittle »

Grats people!

ilikepieyum13

Post by ilikepieyum13 »

im totally with snave on this one!
i think thats an awesome idea! :happycreeper:
Crocosandman: im diiging a hole to fill with water
Crocosandman: i do it like a greifer to make it look natural

You were muted by ftscreator for 100w0d

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

Thread updated with the winners of the 'Magic' contest. Congratulations guys, everyone whom participated should be extremely proud of what they created!
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

Hit-Girl wrote:everyone truly out-done themselves with every single entry
aww, you shouldn't have :flower:

Congrats fellas!
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.