new game for the server for admin of the day

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
hphener33

new game for the server for admin of the day

Post by hphener33 »

:twisted: ok so i was thinking that we could make a map that is called needle in a hay stack and it is a ginormous haystack with one little flower in it somewhere and all you have to do is dig through the hay stack to find the flower and if you find it you get the rank admin for the remainder of the day (I realize there might be some commands that are not permittable to give to someone like a vet or a builder but all you would do is reduce those commands for the rank that you give the player :wink: dont tell hahah) i know the server is trying to bring back contest and i think this would be a great hit for the server. If you have any questions just ask and ill give you my answer or solution for the problem you have.

KingCrab

Re: new game for the server for admin of the day

Post by KingCrab »

A few problems with this:

1. Something like this I don't see being very popular
2. Repairing the map would be more trouble than its worth
3. This would be hard to configure so it didn't take hours on end, but also didn't end in 10 minutes.

Lastly, we do not, and will not, ever reward a contest winner with an administrator rank.

Our staff prides itself on being hand picked for maturity, use of common sense, moderation skills, efficiency, and their overall willingness to just play and have fun on the server.

Sorry, but I don't see this happening or being worth the effort to set up.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Random game + random reward + ??? = profit

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Definitely one of the more creative suggestions we have had, but this competition would be very hard to manage in the sense of being longer.

And as stated, administration ranks are not won, they are earned.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Fehzor
Trustee

Post by Fehzor »

This would be interesting... I can see a lot of the vets going for it at first, and then coming to realize that having power does not in fact make them into some kind of super hero.

Someone would eventually abuse it, and I can see several of the more intelligent griefers coming onto it. I'd give it about a week before something awful happened with /wload, or /massrank... not to mention /setinfo and /say+colors.

But no, this shall never come to be. If you wanted to do the actual contest minus the ranking bit, you could probably get someone to generate you a map for it. Of course, you'd need to get a few people on the server riled up for it.

hphener33

Post by hphener33 »

These are some great replies thank you for listening to my idea but i did come with answers so here they are. First off i have been lectured already about the reward of a admin would sound like its to much. Also the abuse of certain commands. As i said before there are commands that might be a little to much for and immature minecraft player. Because they just have to do them that is why i said before for some of the more tempting commands we reduce that from there rank for the day. Also addressing the part about giving a random player a admin rank sounds like a little much for finding a flower in a ginormous hay stack. At my school we have this thing called principle of the day. this does not mean that the kid that wins it gets all the power of a principle such as giving a kid detention. :D It is just a tour around the day of a principle and usually [/u]gets a lot of attention for the kids of the school. and that addresses the popularity issue. I think alot of kids would have fun seeing what the admin gets to do and stuff like that. Those are my answers for your comments if i did not address something that you said or you think of please leave more comments for me. :wink:

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Sorry mate but the stance of the server is that you cannot "win" ranks. We don't offer ranks for donations like some other servers because we pride ourselves in our staff and their quality of moderation, and not how much money that have. If a really immature person gains access to something as "harmless" as /kick because they won this game and misuses, it will ruin the image of our staff to everyone.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

hphener33

Post by hphener33 »

Well i understand but i was thinking more like builder or veteran rank and up

Kevinsweijen
SupOP

Post by Kevinsweijen »

The only really reasonable thing to me is a custom colour for x time, once a week/two weeks/month
3 stages of sex life in a person's lifetime: Tri-weekly, try weekly, try weakly

<PyroPyro> afk touching my self while looking at the monies

hphener33

Post by hphener33 »

Ya i like that idea but idk if people would really wnat that that much idk i like that but i guess yall dont think its going to work so whatever maybe would could try that idea for a test then see from there

Kevinsweijen
SupOP

Post by Kevinsweijen »

Cause as you've juset seen, ranks wont be given.
3 stages of sex life in a person's lifetime: Tri-weekly, try weekly, try weakly

<PyroPyro> afk touching my self while looking at the monies