Loss of freebuild access and maps

Free forum for everything around the classic server not falling under other categories.
Smokeybacon
Trustee

Loss of freebuild access and maps

Post by Smokeybacon »

I notice the usual trick to log in to freebuild which always worked for me (open using minecraft.net, view source in chrome, copy mppass into direct connect field in WoM, resume) no longer functions. It seems that the link to play classic is gone completely now.

Unless anyone else knows a way around this, I assume the servers are no longer accessible.

If this is the case, then it was a fun few years fcraft. Add me on steam so we can all keep in touch. :flower:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Smokeybacon/

Now I ask of fragmer or anyone else qualified to answer:
How can I access the maps from freebuild using the regular minecraft client? I know in the past Evan managed to convert some of my private maps over to a minecraft format. Can this still be done? I ask for nostalgia's sake. It would be cool to walk around Bacon City once again.

thanks
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

FreeBro
Trustee

Re: Loss of freebuild access and maps

Post by FreeBro »

using the clasiCube launcher you still should be able to log in
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP

Pystro
Trustee

Post by Pystro »

The ClassiCube login only works via the "Reconnect" button.

Logging into the mc.net server with the CC client (to see the server list) did not work for me just now.

This means only those who visited fCraft as the last server while the list was still available are able to reach us (as 123DMWM pointed out in the classic IRC chat yesterday).
It might be possible to somehow hack the "saved last server" information to reach any classic server (might be very dangerous, as i think ClassiCube saves that information in the windows registry).
Edit:
Yes, it's in the registry:
On my win7 machine it is:

Code: Select all

in the field

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\net\classicube\launcher\/Minecraft/Net/Service\/Resume/Info\/Adress
and the field

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\net\classicube\launcher\/Minecraft/Net/Service\/Resume/Info\/Port
is

for me. I can't tell if that is the fCraft server IP or my last IP but it's the only setting that looks like a minecraft server adress. Hope it helps; and as always with registry hacking, i don't take any responsibility if your computer goes skynet.

On this occassion:
Couldn't it be a good idea to switch fCraft classic over to ClassiCube now?
How is the state of the ClassiCube development? Can we easily convert the Minecraft worlds to ClassiCube? Would someone care enought about classic to look into this issue?

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

The conversion to ClassiCube is in the make if i am not mistaken.
I do not know where it stands at this point though.
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP