Demoted when i was offline

Appeal any bans, kicks or demotions that you feel you did not deserve here.
scott197

Demoted when i was offline

Post by scott197 »

[Demote Appeal] - Scott197

When:25/06/11

Who:shankdog

Reason given:command abuse

i was offline demoted and i dont know why i was demoted i didnt abuse any of my commands that day and i wasnt even on if i was it was like a couple of seconds. can someone please check the logs and see why i was demoted because im not one of these people who would command abuse in any way, all i want to do it to help people on the server and the server. I promised TheMastBoss that i wouldnt grief or command abuse i dont break promises

shankd0g

Re: Demoted when i was offline

Post by shankd0g »

scott.
not sure what you were doing but here's why you were demoted.
during a routine log search for suspsected command abuse on main and guest your name popped up

21:11:14 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 1029 blocks of type Sand (on world guest)
21:12:24 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 920 blocks of type White (on world guest)
21:12:43 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 276 blocks of type White (on world guest)
21:14:16 > scott197 drew a hollow cuboid containing 5088 blocks of type Sand (on world guest)
21:15:01 > scott197 drew a hollow cuboid containing 5039 blocks of type Sand (on world guest)
21:15:21 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 1100 blocks of type Air (on world guest)
21:15:53 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 3299 blocks of type Sand (on world guest)
21:16:20 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 1099 blocks of type Sand (on world guest)
21:16:47 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 1099 blocks of type Sand (on world guest)
21:20:49 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 1100 blocks of type White (on world guest)
21:21:00 > scott197 drew a cuboid containing 1100 blocks of type White (on world guest)

plus, numerous other commands of steel, stair, glass, etc under 100 blocks each.

Based on that, you were demoted.

If you can convincingly explain what you were doing, I can consider your appeal. however, from my perspective, this looks like you were building using commands on guest which isn't allowed.

Based on that, the only way I could accept your appeal would be for the person who promoted you to builder originally to tell me that they DIDN'T explain these rules to you.

I'm leaving this appeal open for your reply.
***** This user has left the building. *****

scott197

Post by scott197 »

sorry i was building a house with my friend rhyan ign Jims_Bus and my other couple of friends that were guests so i couldnt build on builder

shankd0g

Post by shankd0g »

so here's the deal scott.

if you build somethign with a guest and that guest wants to get prmoted from that build... it's not likely they will be promoted because they didnt do the work themselves.

thats why we discourage builders helping.

when i was a builder and my son was a guest I only hung around to give advice on what he should do to his promo build for that exact reason. it took him longer but he earned it himself.

i'm going to accept your appeal and ask that you not help guests build unless you're providing water or lava for them.

also please don't use commands on main or guest unless your filling grass holes or doing the water or lava thing.

next time will result in a ban.

thanks.

appeal ACCEPTED.
***** This user has left the building. *****