BF3 and MW3

Discuss video games, films, clips, pictures, music, ponies and all kinds of other fun stuff here.
barrowboyjames

Re: BF3 and MW3

Post by barrowboyjames »

DutchKazuya wrote:I don't really care about the companies behind the games...
I do hate the communities, my first FPS was Combat Arms and you could literally buy yourself victory if you had enough money.
COD community it the most contradicting community ever.
They say COD is popular because of realism and zombies.
That's right, they put realism and zombies in the same sentence.
Next I'd like to remind them about the magical warp from and to gunship/chopper gunner/ac130, perks, unrealistic gravity in terms of bullet gravity and killstreaks in general:
"''Hey we got this awesome chopper we got which could easily allow us to achieve victory but we aren't gonna give it to you because you can't get 11 kills without dieing against equal opponents''.
About battlefield: Never played so can't give any opininon except that I think it looks more realistic.
I prefer Halo over CoD because it's not realisic, it may not look realistic, but at least there are no overpowered guns or perks or killstreaks, because the only overpowered weapons you fight over, there will never be a case of 5 people in a team having a noob tube ready 2 seconds after the game started which happens to be plausible in CoD.
Something else about CoD: CoD on Nintendo:
DS: I wouldn't call it CoD anymore...
Wii: It's CoD but with a ridicilous hard aiming system as gamecube controllers are NOT allowed...
This means i had to use overkill to give myself 2 noobtubes because getting a positive kd was near impossible... (i had the contol scheme fucked up, that was part of the problem as well)
You sir, are a god!
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

DutchKazuya wrote:I don't really care about the companies behind the games...
I do hate the communities, my first FPS was Combat Arms and you could literally buy yourself victory if you had enough money.
COD community it the most contradicting community ever.
They say COD is popular because of realism and zombies.
That's right, they put realism and zombies in the same sentence.
1. I remember the day when Combat Arms introduced the black market. After that, the game became Elitist. and they claimed that those 'premium' weapons didn't give an unfair disadvantage. Yea right.

2. the CoD community is pretty much filled with newfags that don't know jack about what 'realism' actually is. Thanks to the corruption of Action Movies, they think that rushing into a mob of troops with a minigun = pwnage, and that a without an AC-130, it isn't 'real' or 'fair'.
Zombies are in a totally different category. If CoD was a purely zombie game, then it would probably be a well-accepted game.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Aleries
Trustee

Post by Aleries »

This year it comes down to one word for me, 'deviate'.

I've played the first Call of Duty, and I loved it. I've played Call of Duty 2 and liked it cause it lived up to the first one for me. Never bought Call of Duty 3 because it didn't come out for PC. Bought and played Call of Duty 4, and like the first I loved it. Played World at War's campaign and thought it was okay, and never bothered with the multiplayer. Played Modern Warfare 2 and liked it. Did not even bother buying Black-Ops.

Playing through Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer is where my interest has sloped completely. I feel that it's at this point that the online community has degraded. A lot of what I've seen is that a majority of the community is stuck in the "easy way mode", or the "look at me, im special" group. Why bother trying to aim when you can just lob a high-yield explosive in a general vicinity? Why bother trying to track your oppoents down when you and a few team-mates can populate certain parts of a map causing the opposing team to spawn in the same area? why bother with objectives when you can draw a dot on your monitor, jump from a perch, spin like a ballerina, and shoot someone with the aim-assist? Add the noise pollution with people shouting about the above three non-stop and it all just became a drain on my enthusiasm.

I'm all Call of Duty'ed out.

So this year it's about me deviating and trying something different. To me Battlefield 3 appears to be the game to do that for me. Not only am I trying to deviate from my normal, but Battlefield 3 is a handful of games that are also deviating from the normal by pushing on with DX10+ and leaving Windows XP behind. I like how they're trying to push how we experience FPSs with their Frostbite 2. I also like playing on large maps.

On a more introspective note though. I have never been as thoroughly consumed in a FPS, both gameplay-time and community involvement, since the first Starseige: Tribes. To me other FPSs are traveling grounds long since already explored by that game.
I'll go where ever my mind takes me.

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

The Call of Duty series (at least the ones for the 7th-generation) is something I utterly despise, although it pains me to say that I actually fairly enjoyed the single player campaign for World at War.

Multiplayer-wise there were two large maps - I can't recall their names but one had a railway bridge running across the middle - that achieved a certain sense of scale and realism that I think has never ever been found in any other CoD situation. They struck the right note, if only for two maps in a particular game.

Other than that, as the series progresses it's just new bottles for old wine, over and over again, not fixing the gameplay problems but exacerbating them. But millions of clueless morons fall for them every time, because they don't know any different.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

High five for ofp?
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

prototypedesign
SupOP

Post by prototypedesign »

Smokeybacon wrote:The Call of Duty series (at least the ones for the 7th-generation) is something I utterly despise, although it pains me to say that I actually fairly enjoyed the single player campaign for World at War.

Multiplayer-wise there were two large maps - I can't recall their names but one had a railway bridge running across the middle - that achieved a certain sense of scale and realism that I think has never ever been found in any other CoD situation. They struck the right note, if only for two maps in a particular game.

Other than that, as the series progresses it's just new bottles for old wine, over and over again, not fixing the gameplay problems but exacerbating them. But millions of clueless morons fall for them every time, because they don't know any different.
Yeah, that's what I hate about CoD. I mean, really? Tribes showed us what an excellent shooter could be using technology that is easily dwarfed by anything today, but we still don't have any games of a similar quality that don't try to be just Tribes rip offs. Why not make Tribes with everything it ever wanted- base building, vehicles, very large numbers of players, etc. and add in new stuff that wouldn't have ever worked with that tech in a multiplayer scenario (portals, temporal shifts, etc.) and make a great game with a decent amount of complexity and skill required?

I'd like to see a multiplayer game where the way to win is something other than just a simple left-click or hitting a few hotkeys.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

prototypedesign wrote:
Smokeybacon wrote:The Call of Duty series (at least the ones for the 7th-generation) is something I utterly despise, although it pains me to say that I actually fairly enjoyed the single player campaign for World at War.

Yeah, that's what I hate about CoD. I mean, really? Tribes showed us what an excellent shooter could be using technology that is easily dwarfed by anything today, but we still don't have any games of a similar quality that don't try to be just Tribes rip offs. Why not make Tribes with everything it ever wanted- base building, vehicles, very large numbers of players, etc. and add in new stuff that wouldn't have ever worked with that tech in a multiplayer scenario (portals, temporal shifts, etc.) and make a great game with a decent amount of complexity and skill required?

I'd like to see a multiplayer game where the way to win is something other than just a simple left-click or hitting a few hotkeys.
Whilst I agree to everything you say to the detail... check the gameplay via demos/YouTube and see if they have done something good for once, although it's another sequel, so my hopes have buggered off
Bloody_Llama wrote:Portals are like flavored condoms: an interesting idea, but not something you ever actually want to use in practice.
0_o
Ollieboy wrote:The taste runs out really quickly, and then your just stuck sucking on a bit of rubber around a banana.

prototypedesign
SupOP

Post by prototypedesign »

Eh, I've just gotten tired of plain shooter games. I play Fallout 3 a ton, but usually with VATS and a focus on loads of violence. I enjoyed DE:HR, but it's not really a plain shooter anyway. I enjoy the occasional RPG shooter (aka E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy), but typically I don't care about shooters. Occasionally Quake-style skill shooters, maybe, but I've grown bored of modern military simulations. MechWarrior Living Legends doesn't count because battle armor =/= infantry, and you're fighting giant robots.

Trepvalkyrie

Post by Trepvalkyrie »

Ugh i have come back from playing the BF3 beta thouroughly dissapointed :( I really wanted to like BF3 and say omfg COD sukz, BF3 Is dA BOmb. Sadly i can't. I will be buying none of them this year. Its the same game as BFBC2 but i just happen to get 30fps less, while it looks worse. It's not to say COD and BF weren't once great. I love COD2 and BF2 and still play them a lot. Annoyingly the first FPS i played and owned was Goldeneye. How is anyone gonna top that game? I have so many FPS games i can't count them anymore :twisted:
MechWarrior Living Legends doesn't count because battle armor =/= infantry, and you're fighting giant robots.
Love that mod, need to reinstall. Oh and tribes, fuck yeah... epic LAN parties of awesomeness, skiing down slopes, swinging from massive cave roofs whilst unloading nades and machine guns in each others faces. Jetpackin while rocket launcherin... alas those days are gone.
Last edited by Trepvalkyrie on October 12th, 2011, 9:36 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

Don't leave me hanging guys

Trepvalkyrie

Post by Trepvalkyrie »

High Five! Yay

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

Sanjar Khan wrote:High five for ofp?

shoulda told meh soonr. My second favorite game developer is Codemasters. Their games exceed the level of quality, no matter how you look at it.
Show

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

What? No dude, not cool. Codemasters are gay. Bohemia Interactive high five is what I was after. Their "sequel" of ofp, red river, was a horrid cod knock-off.

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

Oh, you were talkin bout ARMA (formerly ofp) derp.

well i never played red river, only dragon rising, so i can't say much for red river. But i do agree, ARMA beats all fps games, no matter what.
Show

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

I was talking about Operation Flashpoint: CWC and its expansions and ArmA yes. Because of OFP I cannot enjoy any other fps, the aiming pointing just feels ridiculous.

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

Smart British Kids Only
I've played every CoD game so far, and I've owned most of them, but the ones after CoD4 were simply no fun for me.

Now, I'm a huge fan of BF2, but this Origin crap is dampening my enthusiasm. I remember dealing with the DRM on BF2. That was TONS of fun.

:twisted:

A new Elder Scrolls with better graphics, a better leveling system (imho), and much nicer combat mechanics? I put my preorder in as soon as it became available on Steam.
The first law of thermodynamics states that you don't discuss thermodynamics.

barrowboyjames

Post by barrowboyjames »

Hafnium wrote:
Smart British Kids Only
Tried it, he was a prick...
(also, may I point out that that was FALSE)
0_o

tylerthecreator5

Post by tylerthecreator5 »

There both great games i was able to test out battlefeild 3 beta i liked it i just cant wait to test mw3 they are just to epic games to compare so they both win :3 :happycreeper: :happycreeper: :happycreeper:
Lololol now you know i've wasted your time