LWC lock prices

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
Skittlez

LWC lock prices

Post by Skittlez »

Just a suggestion about the looting rules:
It seems those that are doing most of the looting, going city to city to do so, also have Creative Mod capabilities, meaning, they have access to means capable of producing infinite money. It seems irrational to charge people money, especially those that do not possess too much of it, to protect themselves from looters who have essentially unlimited money. Is it possible to either remove, or reduce the charge of the LWC locks? They are bothersome, since most people are trying to save up for ridiculously expensive homes, then are being fiscally crippled by having to lock multiple chests/doors, and by looters who loot for the sake of looting (say that 5 times fast :P).

boblol0909
SupOP

Re: LWC lock prices

Post by boblol0909 »

Whether or not the prices are fair, make sure to lock your stuff cause hit_girl, pelv and a few others are making rounds and looting. (and by looting I mean 704 sandstone, ~100 gold ore/ingots, >100 iron, diamonds, diamond pickaxes, ~100 redstone, and more from M1_Abrams in one single run)

Skittlez

Post by Skittlez »

boblol0909 wrote:Whether or not the prices are fair, make sure to lock your stuff cause hit_girl, pelv and a few others are making rounds and looting. (and by looting I mean 704 sandstone, ~100 gold ore/ingots, >100 iron, diamonds, diamond pickaxes, ~100 redstone, and more from M1_Abrams in one single run)
The problem is, the prices are impractical; locking 4 chests, and 4 doors costs 40 dollars.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Until there is a proper response from someone higher than me, I can only offer you some advice.

A MUCH cheaper alternative to /lwc is simply putting a dirt block above your chests. People are NOT allowed to grief the dirt block to get to your chest. Sure, you have to delete a dirt block every time you want in your chest and its not the prettiest thing in the world, but it'll give you a nice temporary fix for your problem. I still have dirt blocks above my chests.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Nobody except for me is capable of creating an infinite amount of money. You are paying the correct price for complete and utter item protection. Put all your expensive shit in one chest and lock it. If you're locking cobble chests you aren't doing a smart thing.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

kattoo
Trustee

Post by kattoo »

Or simply just remember to lock your house as they're not allowed to grief-dig into it.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

And those with 'creative mode' wont spawn items to sell.

Our privalige that we have to have this 'freebuild' option to build server related buildings is only for building, we can not and will not influance the server economy in any way.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

boblol0909 wrote:hit_girl, pelv and a few others are making rounds and looting. (and by looting I mean 704 sandstone, ~100 gold ore/ingots, >100 iron, diamonds
Just fyi, we're not making 'rounds' of looting people, we came across yours & M1's unguarded chests and seized the moment. Another thing, we looted no diamonds, and only about 40 iron. We tried to leave all building materials there. (Except some sandstone).
Now on a related note, I believe looting was introduced to stimulate the economy more so, meaning a kind of 'forced' chest protection/door protection thus leaving you with Two options, (A) Be safe, and protect your shit for a small cost (B) Play risky, with a big cost if you get unlucky.
As long as your stuff is inaccessible, players cannot loot it.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

Skittlez

Post by Skittlez »

Be safe, and protect your shit for a small cost
I don't mind being safe, but it's a bit pricey. 5 bucks per lock is a bit high, considering a person needs at least 8 locks on average. It just amounts to a lot of money.

Desosus
SupOP

Post by Desosus »

If you don't want to pay the LWC fee, then encase your items in a room. And lock the door. If someone has to grief to get to the chests, it's illegal. You can keep as many chests as you want safe that way.
_Snivy_: is desosus a bot?

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Desosus wrote: If someone has to grief to get to the chests, it's illegal.
KingCrab wrote: A MUCH cheaper alternative to /lwc is simply putting a dirt block above your chests. People are NOT allowed to grief the dirt block to get to your chest.
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Desosus wrote:If someone has to grief to get to the chests, it's illegal.
But you teleporting to pelvic to steal from m1 and I wasnt illegal?
Hit-Girl wrote:Just fyi, we're not making 'rounds' of looting people, we came across yours & M1's unguarded chests and seized the moment.
Pelvic said he walked the whole 5000 blocks to get to our base. Obviously not just stumbling upon it. He also says he(I'm assuming with you, but I don't know) raided 2 bases the same(or previous) day. I think that's grounds to say youre making "rounds". I'm not saying it's bad or that you should stop, I was just warning people.
Hit-Girl wrote:Another thing, we looted no diamonds
Hawkeye doesnt lie. It specifically said you stole a diamond pick and a diamond spade. There may have been some other stuff too on the other pages, but ops cant use /he page so I can't view everything.
Hit-Girl wrote:thus leaving you with Two options, (A) Be safe, and protect your shit for a small cost (B) Play risky, with a big cost if you get unlucky.
Fair statement. I would like to add that our chests were locked, until Ollie had to move it away from Initus. But we received no compensation for the broken LWC, so we figured why bother relocking, it's out in the middle of nowhere ~200 blocks from the edge of the map.

Desosus
SupOP

Post by Desosus »

boblol0909 wrote: But you teleporting to pelvic to steal from m1 and I wasnt illegal?

Yeah, it wasn't illegal. Unless you'd care to show me where in the rules it says that it's illegal.

Hit went there, she was raiding it, I tp'ed to her to participate. Show me where in the /rules stealing or /rules commands it says that its illegal to do so. Otherwise, stop bitching.

boblol0909 wrote:Hawkeye doesnt lie. It specifically said you stole a diamond pick and a diamond spade. There may have been some other stuff too on the other pages, but ops cant use /he page so I can't view everything.
So what? She could have taken every single thing in there and would have been well within her rights to do so. You could have asked about the LWC money from your previous chests not being recompensed. You could have chosen to lock your new chests anyway. You didn't. That's your fault. Deal with it.
Last edited by Desosus on January 19th, 2012, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skittlez

Post by Skittlez »

Thank you for the many tips, I will be locking my chests in safe rooms, and adding dirt blocks on top of chests that are outside. But I do hope that there will be some consideration of lowering the prices. But all in all, I really do hate this "raiding" business. Atleast with PvP, you can opt out.

EDIT
I believe looting was introduced to stimulate the economy more so, meaning a kind of 'forced' chest protection/door protection
This isn't stimulating the economy at all, people are simply losing items and then are having to lose further money by having to buy locks. 2 au per 45 minutes of play isn't nearly enough to pay 5 au per lock. The economy in general is not balanced right now, we have a large dichotomy between rich and poor. Furthermore, please don't take this in an accusing fashion, I am merely pointing this out, but it seems that those that are doing the looting are much better off financially then those they are looting, furthering the gap between the classes.
Last edited by Skittlez on January 19th, 2012, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Desosus wrote:
boblol0909 wrote:
Desosus wrote:If someone has to grief to get to the chests, it's illegal.
But you teleporting to pelvic to steal from m1 and I wasnt illegal?

Yeah, it wasn't illegal. Unless you'd care to show me where in the rules it says that it's illegal.

Hit went there, she was raiding it, I tp'ed to her to participate. Show me where in the /rules stealing or /rules commands it says that its illegal to do so. Otherwise, stop bitching.
I cannot answer that definitively, Ollie will have to make the call. But tp killing is illegal because of an unfair advantage, why wouldnt tp raiding be illegal?
Desosus wrote:So what? She could have taken every single thing in there and would have been well within her rights to do so. You could have asked about the LWC money from your previous chests not being recompensed. You could have chosen to lock your new chests anyway. You didn't. That's your fault. Deal with it.
Read the quote i was responding to.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Ugh a few things. They were sorted in game but I will put this here for clarification. Use your head. Abusing teleport for anything is OBVIOUSLY wrong. So if somebody says "come raid this with me" how unfair do you think that is?

I also said "do not raid Derpville" because I had just pasted it.

I ALSO gave cartmen money as compensation for people's locks. If he hasn't given you any money OR locked your chests for you, I am wiping his bank account. That money was meant to be spread through you guys. So get on him about that.

And for all those who like to complain. A lot of you haven't actually read /rules stealing. That is there to tell you how you can get compensated if it was illegal, and how to easily protect your chests. If you didn't read that, which a lot of you didn't, I'm not even slightly going to oblige you in an argument.

Raiding is a rule because we actually had MORE trouble when it WASN'T a rule. So hey, it's not changing, deal with it. As I said in game, we aren't a sheltered server. We can't have a server where you can openly swear and talk about almost anything you want and then throw on the breaks when somebody takes a diamond.

All in all. Use your heads. DON'T abuse your teleport privilege to raid, similar to PvP. DON'T raid places that have had disadvantages i.e. Derpville's paste, (So return everything you stole from there), READ /rules stealing, it's all in there, DEAL with the fact that this server allows it and there are PLENTY of ways to protect yourself, even if it isn't with LWC.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

Sorry for the thread bump, but since this thread is on the topic:

Whats the policy if someone, legitly mining, comes across a cave, which has a carved tunnel that leads into your house? Would the jurisdiction be that the tunnel leading into the house should have been locked with a door? and if so, whats to prevent them from digging around or even past the door, and while still claiming that they legitly mined?

i ask because my house has a good number of ravines, tunnels, and caves that are very close/connect to the basement of my house. I've also myself found a cave that led into an unnamed player's house, but i didn't raid anything.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Desosus
SupOP

Post by Desosus »

Place the door at the entrance to the house, not the other end. Problem solved. People cannot claim that with any of my mine entrances because they're all lined with stone bricks.