Ability to Hide others

Post all ideas and suggestions for fCraft here
PhoneBook_

Ability to Hide others

Post by PhoneBook_ »

For say, if you're a high rank, you could be able to hide another, example: owner can hide a guest with /hide playername. if no argument is given, it simply hides yourself.
<FCB2> carlos32123: permissiin to deny the deny of the permission of departure denied

Xb0x4d4m
OP

Re: Ability to Hide others

Post by Xb0x4d4m »

I, can see no reason for this feature to be added. If you could explain what you could use it for?
<FCB2> lionboy98: xbox is ur brother ps3

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

Xb0x4d4m wrote:I, can see no reason for this feature to be added. If you could explain what you could use it for?
I can currently not think of any vast improvement of this addition. Just a suggestion, if anyone liked the idea.
<FCB2> carlos32123: permissiin to deny the deny of the permission of departure denied

Mark-b

Post by Mark-b »

phonebookguy wrote:
Xb0x4d4m wrote:I, can see no reason for this feature to be added. If you could explain what you could use it for?
I can currently not think of any vast improvement of this addition. Just a suggestion, if anyone liked the idea.
Maybe making people hide would be useless, but your suggestion makes me think of the people that have the permission to hide, to pick a specific rank and below to hide from that doesn't exceed their hide from limit.

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

Mark-b wrote:
phonebookguy wrote:
Maybe making people hide would be useless, but your suggestion makes me think of the people that have the permission to hide, to pick a specific rank and below to hide from that doesn't exceed their hide from limit.
exactly

BobKare

Post by BobKare »

/Hide [Rank] would be very useful, in my opinion. It would be great to sometimes not hide from all ranks, but reveal yourself for lower staff ranks, if you're owner e.g.
If you log out as hidden from [Rank], you will obviously log in as hidden from the same rank. [Rank] should be the highest rank you want to hide from. If you type /Hide when hidden from a rank, you will unhide. If no criteria is given, it should hide you as usual.

PhoneBook_

Post by PhoneBook_ »

BobKare wrote:/Hide [Rank] would be very useful, in my opinion. It would be great to sometimes not hide from all ranks, but reveal yourself for lower staff ranks, if you're owner e.g.
If you log out as hidden from [Rank], you will obviously log in as hidden from the same rank. [Rank] should be the highest rank you want to hide from. If you type /Hide when hidden from a rank, you will unhide. If no criteria is given, it should hide you as usual.
this is can be done by setting hide limit in config
Last edited by PhoneBook_ on July 4th, 2012, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

nope__avi

Post by nope__avi »

I think this would be more useful if you could force others to unhide. I run a small server, and since playercounts is a huge factor, even one staff hiding (since it removes them from the playercount) can be detrimental to our total player count that day, because more people are likely to join a fuller server. If I have someone hiding, and they're just building, not looking for grief, etc, and there's only 2 of us on, it will just show 1. If i can forcibly unhide them, then I can raise my player count back to where it should be. That wouldn't matter for a large server, but for small ones like mine, every player counts.
nope__avi

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

nope__avi wrote:I think this would be more useful if you could force others to unhide. I run a small server, and since playercounts is a huge factor, even one staff hiding (since it removes them from the playercount) can be detrimental to our total player count that day, because more people are likely to join a fuller server. If I have someone hiding, and they're just building, not looking for grief, etc, and there's only 2 of us on, it will just show 1. If i can forcibly unhide them, then I can raise my player count back to where it should be. That wouldn't matter for a large server, but for small ones like mine, every player counts.
I believe the fcraft heartbeat includes hidden players in the player count.