CMP Server Feedback

Free forum for chat related to the creative multiplayer server not falling into other categories.
Wundsalz
Trustee

CMP Server Feedback

Post by Wundsalz »

Please report any bugs and flaws regarding our CMP server here until further notice!

This is NOT for WundEdit bugs and suggestions, they go here:
http://forum.fcraft.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3935
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

ruggedbear
Trustee

Re: CMP Server Feedback

Post by ruggedbear »

I can throw bottles 'o enchanting if I look straight down. However, if I angle my eyes upwards, I can no longer throw them. I'm told I don't have permission.

Thanks!
<legopineapple> I have a zombie miner for me! :D
legopineapple was slain by Zombie
<ruggedbear> Lol!
<surferdudeX> LOL
<legopineapple> Nuuu!

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Not limited to bugs either, let us know what you like and don't like!
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

surferdudeX
SupOP

Post by surferdudeX »

Ollieboy wrote:Not limited to bugs either, let us know what you like and don't like!
I'm not really liking the fact that other than the main world, the worlds are at y=5. It kinda limits what you can do under a build. Other then that, I think it's great and thanks for giving us CMP :D

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Yeah unfortunately that's just how flat maps generate. I can get another generator that would do it at 64 height perhaps at the price of any builds that are all ready there. Or I could just copy them I suppose.

Also CMP will be a lot more noob friendly. Perhaps I'll task someone with a school section of a world (might make a new world called "purpose" or something and have that be divided up into things we need such as spawn storage and school, and have /warps to it instead of /join world)

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

Taking damage and stuff in survival mode - i tried to make a minecart jousting game, switched to survival and neither myself or element took any damage, which is a shame. Likewise, falling damage - racing Hit to the top of the eiffel tower and falling off is extremely disappointing when you don't get falling damage from falling from such a height. I know some people like making parkour - makes it more fun with damage on.

Dunno if you would want damage on though. Just thought I would make mention and suggest that I (and perhaps others) might :)

Edit: maybe its just me not dying. heh
Last edited by Darklight on October 6th, 2012, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Can you be more specific? I get damage in survival mode falling off the Eiffel tower, and there is nothing in WorldGuard that would indicate non-damage.

Solved, it was a permissions issue. Thanks for bringing it up!

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

hey i am not able (and so are others) to place water and lava out of buckets i don't know if its a bug or intentionally for the rest its a awesome server ty very much
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Post by Ninjacat101 »

Rankinfo guest says "they can claim up to two plots" but plotme actually allows them to claim 3, guess one of these needs to be changed.
ALSO the server crashed again when somebody jumped in an end portal. Although we could blacklist end portal frames/eyesofender, I'd much prefer if possible we could have 16x16x16 worlds for the nether and end so there is no way it could crash the server, and it wouldn't hog server resources and it means end portals/ nether portals can be used for decoration.

thanks
["hip","hip"]

surferdudeX
SupOP

Post by surferdudeX »

freewill wrote:hey i am not able (and so are others) to place water and lava out of buckets i don't know if its a bug or intentionally for the rest its a awesome server ty very much
pistons too.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Please be specific about what worlds this happens in.

thelonedrummer18
SupOP

Post by thelonedrummer18 »

Ninjacat101 wrote: Image
On a completely unrelated note, i just tried to kill an imaginary fly on my screen
berat13: Kitchen Accessories Ideas Try looking at http://www.kitchendesign1.co.uk. They have some amazing designs and prices.Kitchen Accessories Ideas

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Okay, I have added a world saver plugin that forces a save every three hours.

I the future, please get a trustee to run a /save-all command before you decide to test something potentially server breaking.

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

ruggedbear wrote:I can throw bottles 'o enchanting if I look straight down. However, if I angle my eyes upwards, I can no longer throw them. I'm told I don't have permission.

Thanks!
This is the same with things like snowballs and eggs. Im assuming its like this on purpose, to limit the amount of annoying people?

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Yeah the glitch is that he CAN throw them at a viewpoint. However, don't. It must be a bug in ModifyWorld, out of my hands.

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

surferdudeX wrote:
freewill wrote:hey i am not able (and so are others) to place water and lava out of buckets i don't know if its a bug or intentionally for the rest its a awesome server ty very much
pistons too.
this happens in main world

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

If not already done so, the following items need banning:
Ender Portal block - 119
Nether Portal block - 90
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

One: I would like permission to teleport to coords, or maybe, have the functionality of /warps, per world. (That way, you can have multiple, without having to worry about other warps in another world.)

Also, i don't know if this has been stated, if water banning (on main) is enabled on purpose, then dispensers shooting water, should aswell. I don't know how you'd fix this, but meh.

I'm probably derping, disregard if you want. :3

EDIT: Also, for the ones that hate the new 1.3+ inventory, It'd be pretty cool to get some /kit's for things like utilities (water, lava, etc), redstone, and maybe other decorative category blocks. Yes, I understand that redstone has its own tab, but I hate dragging shit back and forth, trying to organize stuff.
<+FCB>Arvarna: i think your banhammer needs a downgrade

ruggedbear
Trustee

Post by ruggedbear »

Would CuboidWireframe be difficult to impliment? I could see it being very useful in CMP.
<legopineapple> I have a zombie miner for me! :D
legopineapple was slain by Zombie
<ruggedbear> Lol!
<surferdudeX> LOL
<legopineapple> Nuuu!

Arkaunis
SupOP

Post by Arkaunis »

Ollieboy wrote: I can get another generator that would do it at 64 height perhaps at the price of any builds that are all ready there. Or I could just copy them I suppose.
With the current Arch/Mason flat world, I'm losing about 60 blocks on my organic build that will force a shrinkage in both scale or detail.

I understand the desire for a 64 height starting depth, but can we also have one that will utilize all of minecraft's short height? Granted, not many builds will be that high, but it would be very nice not to have to cuboid giant ugly holes in the ground to fit our builds.

Might I suggest maybe just combining all vet+ into one world?

I.E.: A world for anyone Vet+ to build on that has the full height rather than the individual worlds (mason_arch, staff, etc).
Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest
White is cold and always yearning burdened by a royal test
Black the beast descends from shadows
Yellow beauty burns gold

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

Ollieboy wrote: I can get another generator that would do it at 64 height perhaps at the price of any builds that are all ready there. Or I could just copy them I suppose.
Imo a height of 15-25 Blocks is enough on flat worlds for the reasons Arkaunis stated above (this height should correspond with the plotworld heights). If someone wants to build large underground complexes it's possibile on normal worlds.
ruggedbear wrote:Would CuboidWireframe be difficult to impliment? I could see it being very useful in CMP.
wrong topic (this would have been the correct one), but no - it's not hard to implement. While I don't see the benefit of this command myself, you aren't the only one requesting it. I'll probably add it.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Well changing up maps right now probably won't go well, so just cuboid away.

Re kits, tell me exactly what you want in them (preferably in the form that Commandbook implements them) and I'll add it. I don't see the benefit myself but I'd rather give kits than the /item command, just because of the hacked up shit you can /item in.

Re main perms I will have to delve into water permissions on main as I honestly have no idea what is happening there, however like Wundsalz for the next month or so I am busy as shit. I just wanted to get as much of Tekkit and CMP done last week (week off) as possible, but now I am back to my hectic schedule as is Wund.

Re teleporting to coords I am not super happy about giving this out as the server will crash and corrupt maps if a stupid coordinate is entered ( like 1 trillion blocks away) and while ops are allegedly trusted, that is just a loophole that I do not want. Warps I can do, and let ops define and everybody teleport to them.

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

Ollieboy wrote:Re main perms I will have to delve into water permissions on main as I honestly have no idea what is happening there
if it's not blocked via modifyworld or worldguard, checking the PlotMe config might help, as there's a list of prevented blocks and items(bucket?) as well.
If drawing water blocks doesn't work as well it HAS TO be a modifyworld or worldguard permission problem, as my plugin doesn't check anything else.
Ollieboy wrote: Re teleporting to coords I am not super happy about giving this out as the server will crash and corrupt maps if a stupid coordinate is entered ( like 1 trillion blocks away) and while ops are allegedly trusted, that is just a loophole that I do not want. Warps I can do, and let ops define and everybody teleport to them.
Although I didn't test anything, I doubt that you have to worry about your worldborders here. Bukkit provides a cancellable teleport event and your worldborder plugin will most likely listen to it.
Still it shouldn't be accessable by everyone as it could be intentionally used to cause permanent chunk loading or draw command spam

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

All right. I'm at uni right now but since I know you love to-do lists, can you please fire me one of unresolved things in this thread (as I don't know what Allie has and hasn't done) and I will smash it tonight. Or tomorrow night if I have missed you today.

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

Ollieboy wrote:All right. I'm at uni right now but since I know you love to-do lists, can you please fire me one of unresolved things in this thread (as I don't know what Allie has and hasn't done) and I will smash it tonight. Or tomorrow night if I have missed you today.
I like WORKING with those list, because I prefer my information brief and collected over having to search for it in blogs or long forum threads ;) I suggest you just browse through my latest mails and this thread to copy/paste one yourself - I don't even know what you've actually done already.
The sole CMP related thing Allie did within the last two days was uploading the latest version of my plugin.
Regarding missing me: I'll most likely be online for the next hours, as my scheduled meeting for today was cancelled because two people didn't do their jobs.

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

Ollieboy wrote: Re kits, tell me exactly what you want in them (preferably in the form that Commandbook implements them) and I'll add it. I don't see the benefit myself but I'd rather give kits than the /item command, just because of the hacked up shit you can /item in.
I'm pretty sure these work, I tested the redstone one but not the other. Maybe I'll get around to making more, if someone else doesn't.

Code: Select all

[redstone]
stickypiston,1 # Not Sure if these are banned
piston,1
redstone,1
redstonetorch,1
lever,1
repeater,1
button,1
wool:0,1
stoneplate,1

[rail] # Rollercoasters, pretty common
minecart,1
rail,1
poweredrail,1
detectorrail,1
redstonetorch,1
redstone,1
repeater,1
button,1
lever,1
stone,1 # Basic block i use on a WIP rail, ie best contrast

Ollieboy wrote: Re teleporting to coords I am not super happy about giving this out as the server will crash and corrupt maps if a stupid coordinate is entered ( like 1 trillion blocks away) and while ops are allegedly trusted, that is just a loophole that I do not want. Warps I can do, and let ops define and everybody teleport to them.
That'd be cool, thanks.

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

small list of things wrong as ollie askd to post this

- can not place items:
- 140 (flower pot)
- 132 (string (to make trip wires))
- 144 (mob heads)

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

you should be able to place those blocks after the next server restart.
Thanks for reporting!

LiamRayStanley
OP

Post by LiamRayStanley »

I'd like to have some editable teleporters. The /warp's are ok, but they have limited ability. What I'd like to have is seamless teleportation for those at the other end of the stick.

Things in mind, are sign tp's: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multi ... gnportals/
Seemless clicking of signs (this will be harder, as most users have creative)
Or, something even easier like MVP: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
To where we can make a small area to teleport users, even fill it with water to designate the area.
These could even be helpful on main, on the spawn plots to have warps to the different worlds.

I am asking for a little bit, within regards to the /warps (I think /warps are seen to be temporary, more than permanent) being added, but I think this could be more helpful than damaging. As for learning how to make teleporters, it's not very hard, so I imagine the ops+ that want to make them can do so easily.

Also, those are dating back to 1.2.5, so I'm not sure if they will work right. I know Multiverse works fine, and Multiverse Portals works fine (to my knowledge) on 1.4.5.

Wundsalz
Trustee

Post by Wundsalz »

I'd really like to have a spawn world with a teleport hub, some sign walls to elaborating the most important cmds for our new players and some sort of Hall of Fame feature outstanding build.
Let's see what the current contest will provide.