Feed The Beast (FTB) Whitelist Applications

Apply for ranks in CMP or Classic, or a map for a project here.
fragmer
fCraft Developer

Feed The Beast (FTB) Whitelist Applications

Post by fragmer »

fCraft.net currently runs an FTB Direwolf20 server! You can think of it as a spiritual successor to our old Tekkit server.

Whether you are building large factories based around Thermal Expansion and Buildcraft or exploring the world for magical components from Mystcraft and Thaumcraft, Unleashed has something for everyone. FTB Direwolf20 contains over 70 separate mods all chosen to work together to create a seamless modded Minecraft experience for both server admins and players.

If you are ranked veteran or above, you can already play now, at FTB.fCraft.net. Otherwise, please post a reply to this post with your Minecraft username. You need to be active on one of our other servers to be whitelisted.

To play just download the FTB launcher and install the direwolf20 pack (version 1.6.4).
Please click below for info - UPDATED[August 6th, 2015]:
viewtopic.php?f=47&p=35743#p35743

Intertoothh
Trustee

Re: Feed The Beast (FTB) Whitelist Applications

Post by Intertoothh »

I gues you can download it at http://www.feed-the-beast.com/ ?
What version is needed to play?
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

49ERS
SupOP

Post by 49ERS »

*THIS IS FOR EVERYONE*

Once you download the launcher you setup your profile just like the normal minecraft launcher, then you scroll down until you find a pack called Direwolf20 (In the modpack section of course) and all you do it just download it no need to find any versions. Then after you're done downloading it just pick your profile in the box below that is next to the launch button and click on your name and then you just click launch and you're done.
Last edited by 49ERS on September 23rd, 2014, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[16:21] <SMB> [CrimsonTensai connected]
[16:22] <SMB> +CrimsonTensai sup noobs!
[16:22] <SMB> +CrimsonTensai oh
[16:22] <SMB> [+CrimsonTensai disconnected]

burn22
OP

Post by burn22 »

wuhu a fcraft ftb server \o/

but I have a little request to make.
I am now playing some days on this server, which is a lot of fun and
I am really happy fcraft provides a ftb server but,
since the server didnt enjoy much configuration(as it seems and which isnt bad at all)
people allways get kicked from the server, when using items
which grants the ability to fly, (like quantom suit or sword of the condor) with the reason " flying is not enabled on this server".

If this could be fixed, (when someone can spare some free time) I and some
other players would really appreciate that :)

Excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask, but i didnt see a better one and
sorry for my bad english skills as well.

Also thanks for reading my request and eventually fixing it in closer future :)

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Post by Ninjacat101 »

Should be fixed now burn, sorry about that.
["hip","hip"]

burn22
OP

Post by burn22 »

Ninjacat101 wrote:Should be fixed now burn, sorry about that.
thanks for fixing :3

but well, server seems to be down since yesterday.
maybe you could fix this as well ? :D

thanks in advance!

Jjb14

Post by Jjb14 »

Oh lawd I've needed this. I will play.

Whitelist me if I am not already?

Thanks--
LeChosenOne: Sometimes when I'm alone I cover myself with mayonnaise and pretend I'm a snail.

Kent: I have 10 periods a day.

StainlessBlood
Trustee

Post by StainlessBlood »

Jjb14 wrote:Oh lawd I've needed this. I will play.

Whitelist me if I am not already?

Thanks--
Jj, you should be fine to join. If your having problems getting on it, then it might not have been fixed yet. If so blame burn just because :p. If you feel daring, blame ninjas or cats or some strange combination of the two.

Turns out it was me D:

burn22
OP

Post by burn22 »

StainlessBlood wrote: Turns out it was me D:

I just want to point that out, to get things clear :3

So I blame bloodsn :3

StainlessBlood
Trustee

Direwolf20(DW20) switch

Post by StainlessBlood »

Since it was brought up and talked about, I just wanted to get it on the forums so it's not forgotten.

About a week ago(+/- a couple days), it was brought up to switch modpacks for the FTB server from Unleashed to Direwolf20 (DW20). The consideration of this switch is to maybe get a little bit more stability out of it with mods that are a bit more updated than Unleashed was. Switching from Unleashed to DW20 will mean a new map with no carry over. Even though it means starting over from scratch it's not that bad since a lot of the active people had gotten pretty far in terms of items, machines, etc. so starting anew isn't that bad of an option for everyone at this point.

Finally, switching from Unleashed to DW20 has been well accepted by the active FTB players. Once I had heard about the possible switch from Unleashed to DW20 from burn22 we both wanted to see if the other FTB active players wouldn't mind switching, so we talked to each of them and they all were willing to make the switch.

Since we talked to each of them nobody, from what I've seen, has been playing on the FTB server. It seems they all would rather wait for the switch to start playing on it again. (Lol xD) I did try to say that there was a "possible" switch being "considered" but I think they all pretty much expect it at some point now and have been waiting for it. Anyway I just wanted to put this on the forums somewhere just so it isn't forgotten about.

FTB players who have agreed to switching:(sorry if I spell some of these names wrong)
  • __49ers__
    Azurblau1
    Burn22
    Griffin_Alden
    Intertoothh(I think)
    Shadowdude76
    StainlessBlood
    Woodchipman
^ this is everyone that actively plays on the FTB server btw

* Also as a note the version of Direwolf20 that I believe was being suggested is:
Direwolf20 (v1.0.23) Minecraft Version 1.6.4

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

I am posting this to let everyone know, as of now the FTB server has been changed to Direwolf20.
It is still the same ip as before.
Have fun playing!!
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP

FreeBro
Trustee

Post by FreeBro »

Update!!

After having extreme lag spikes i have decided to remove 2 mods that eat our ram.
-mystcraft
-chickenchunks

You do not have to change anything in your mod pack client side, u still can see the mods in your NEI but you will not be able to make them.

This should fix a lot of lag problems.

Have fun playing
ollieboy: everyone here is a shrimpy nerd, you can take us.

[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 I just swam across the entire ocean
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 drowned
[23:13] <SMB> nuclearwaffle121 WELP

Pystro
Trustee

Post by Pystro »

By the way: the modpack version is Direwolf 20 v 1.0.23 for Minecraft 1.6.4.
I wanted to point this out because there are two Direwolf20 pack versions.
After having extreme lag spikes i have decided to remove 2 mods that eat our ram.
-mystcraft
-chickenchunks
Throwing the two mods out didnt fix all lag problems. It improved: if only 1-2 players are on the server you get block lag only occasionally. On the other hand, one day this week there were 10 players on the server simultaneously and it was kinda unplayable. Even 6 playes is on the edge of "too much lag" imho.
So i would suggest to decrease the player limit to something the server can actually handle. At the moment it is at 20 i think (hard to read because the server description is too long - you could cut the "server" and "Now" from the line, too while working on the server settings). And playing with 20 players at the same time might even crash the server!

FatalityReload

Post by FatalityReload »

I would like to be whitelisted on the server. I play other servers with my friends using FTB as well. I was looking at fcraft.net and saw that you guys now have one. Thanks! look forward to playing with some of you guys! and girls!
Pemalite: I was kicked by Hbot twice. (Which is Hafnium.)
*HBOT connected.
Pemalite: Oh no.
Pemalite: HALP!
*Pemalite was kicked by HBOT Reason: (as commanded by hafnium)
*HBOT left the server
Pemalite You are a very cruel man, Hafnium.

x_Nebula_x

Post by x_Nebula_x »

plz witerist meh

ign = x_nebula_x
Man: did you know that each man, in some time of their life, will live next to a pedophile?
Another Man: well I sure don't, I live next to a CHARMING pair of 8yr olds

OpenlyStraight

Post by OpenlyStraight »

I would like to be whitelisted. I used to play on platinum moon extremely often, and I currently play on f-craft classic server, and the f-craft creative server.
Username: OpenlyStraight

Stroam

Post by Stroam »

hey, I'd like to be added to the whitelist. played on the vanilla server for some time. user name Stroam

Stroam

Post by Stroam »

I am guessing that these forums are no longer maintained.

Ninjacat101
Trustee

Post by Ninjacat101 »

They are, I just forgot to reply :P

I couldn't find your username on any of our services before, so I didn't whitelist you until I got more information.
["hip","hip"]

Pystro
Trustee

Post by Pystro »

Ninjacat101 wrote:I couldn't find your username on any of our services before, so I didn't whitelist you until I got more information.
Translation:
come play on our SMP/CMP/classic servers some time and show us that you are trustworthy enough for the powers of FTB.

StainlessBlood
Trustee

Post by StainlessBlood »

FTB Server Status:

First If you have't played FTB Minecraft before you will need to download the launcher from here:
http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

Once you have the launcher downloaded and installed, run it. You'll want to go to the Options tab at the top and select an Install folder location for the modpack you'll be playing.
After selecting a location for an install folder, as well as any other options you want to set like max RAM, you'll want to go to the FTB Modpacks tab at the top in the launcher. Scroll down the list on the left and select the Direwolf20 (v1.6.1) Minecraft Version 1.7.10 Modpack. Underneath the tabs in the launcher you will also see a drop-down list between the Download Server and Pack Codes buttons. You will want to change it from Recommended to 1.5.0
Lastly you will also need to be added to the whitelist again to play. If you do want to be added to the whitelist so you can join in the fun on the FTB server you may ask for it by replying to this thread, just be sure to include the username you want whitelisted!

Server: FTB.fCraft.net
Currently the FTB server is down! The reason it is down is because some of the mods have memory leaks causing the server to just chew up that memory. For the time being the server will stay down. If, however, the source of the memory leaks, as in which mods are causing them are found, they may end up being disabled and the server may return!

In the meantime we do invite all to check out our 1.8 CMP and SMP servers as there is still fun to be had.

You can now move between these two servers by using the command /server CMP or /server SMP command!
CMP: cmp.fCraft.net
SMP: smp.fCraft.net

burn22
OP

Post by burn22 »

Hello burn22 here.

Would be awesome if somebody can find some time to add me to teh whitelist.

Thanks in advance!