Dankirk the Autoreply Bot (info & suggestions)

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
Dankirk
SupOP

Dankirk the Autoreply Bot (info & suggestions)

Post by Dankirk »

Taking suggestions and bug reports for my bot here and on IRC.
If you want Dankirk on your own server, scroll a bit further and see "How to get Dankirk for my server?".

Bots purpose is to answer spontaneous questions mainly asked by guests and lower builder ranks, record stats, and otherwise support the servers management, eg. by auto performing a "hacked account check" on joining players. (More in Misc Functions)
The bot is currently on 11 classic servers and partially on 2 SMP servers.

All this is made possible by fCraft or similiar server software able to send server messages to an IRC channel. The main part of the bot is a mIRC script, that is supported by a MySQL database and a PHP+Javascript enabled website for configuration/stats.

I'd really appreciate any donations via PayPal Image
Just remember the greedy PayPal takes 0.30€ + 2.9% of the sum.

How to get Dankirk for my server?
Currently I handle the adding of new servers manually, so you'll need to contact me via PM here on the forums or on IRC. I use nickname Dankirk on EsperNet.

However, here's some prerequisites you need to take care of before contacting me:
- Set up an IRC channel for your Minecraft server. fCraft's IRC settings can be found in it's configuration tool. (ConfigGUI.exe)
- Tick all checkboxes in fCraft's settings related to messages between IRC and game (chat, colors, joins/leaves, kicks, promotes)
- If the selected IRC network supports it (most do), register fCrafts bridge bot so you can give it autovoice status on the channel. Later you'll need to give autovoice status for my bot too.

Afterwards
After your PM I will join my bot to your channel and contact you with a password reset link for my bot's configuration website. Once you have set a password, you should share it with other trusted people so settings can be changed even when you aren't present.

Next you'll need to set up rest of the bot settings for your server. I will help with this part to make things faster.
The website
Server stats and the many features of the bot are configurable/viewable via website http://sasami.no-ip.org/minecraft/index.php
To access the configuration pages you'll need a password set by a server admin.

Website options explained
  • Settings page
    Server Name - This name will be pasted when players (guests) ask "what's the name of this server".
    Bot Name Regex - Regular expression of the IRC bot fCraft or similiar software uses for the server. Regexes are case-sensitive.
    Bot Auth Name - For additional security you can register your server's bridge bot for the IRC network, if you did, put the registered name here.
    Website - This website will be pasted for appealing etc.
    HowToFly - Reply for the most notorious question.

Bot Muted/Disabled - Disables all replies on the server. (!mute/!unmute affects this setting)
    Listen in Frontpage Stats - Untick if you don't want your server stats shown to others.
    Rank Detection - Bot will be able to tell players rank by analyzing the colors and prefix of the playername printed to IRC.
    Impersonation Check - The bot attempts to detect and warn for random IRC users that have similiar looking nicks to users that have +voice or @op status. Type !allow <nickname> or voice them if the warning is falsepositive.
    Fun Facts - Tells server stats based facts when asked.
    Jokes - Tells poor jokes when asked
    Sing-along Themes - Can singalong MLP and Pokemon themes in verses with players
    Multilanguage/Non-English server - Tick to disable !english

Ranks page is pretty self explanatory. Fill in the rank details so they match the server settings and IRC messages. Remember to click save.
    The Tier of the rank tells which rank is higher. Higher tier = higher rank. Tier must be between 0-99. All unidentified player color+prefix combinations will be treated as of tier 0.

Custom Rules page
    If you have knowledge in "regular expressions" you can define your own bot replies here for the server.
    The checkbox on the left side enables/disables the regmatch and it's reply.
    A performance test will be done for the expressions to verify they can be used efficiently.
    Should the test fail, the rule will be saved but disabled.

In your custom replies you may use following variables: $nick, $rank, $nextrank, $players, $ircnames

Stats page shows the current stats the bot has recorded about the server.
Question - Reply List
  • How do I fly? - <nick>, for how to fly/speed visit: http://is.gd/howtofly
    Whats the server name? - <nick>, Server name is: fCraft.net Freebuild Official
    How to get rank? - <nick>, Ask an Op to come check your build for builder, Vet promo's are automatic, To get Mason/Architect, show your builds at http://forum.fcraft.net
    How do I get water? - <nick>, you need to be Builder to place water/lava. They can use /water or /lava.
    How to set off tnt? - <nick>, you can't blow the tnt in creative mode.
    Help, im stuck - <nick>, Press R to get back to last saved point (ENTER to save current location) or type /spawn to go to start.
    How do i get grass? - <nick>, Type /grass and place ground blocks.
    What is spleefing? - Spleefing: Deleting blocks under a person.
    What is griefing? - Griefing: Destroying other peoples stuff, random blocks, tunnels or holes.
    Can i tunnel here? - Tunnel with purpose. No random tunneling.
    How to go to other worlds? - <nick>, Type /worlds to see map list. /j MapName to go there.
    How do you build so fast? - <nick>, You need to be member to use /c to fill in or clear areas at once.
    How do I use /c ? - <nick>, To learn /c, Type /j school (Enabled only for fCraft's offical server)
    What are the rules? - <nick>, Type /rules
    How to get rid of water? - <nick>, just place a block on top the water/lava
    Thanks dankirk - np. (This has multiple diffrent responses and only works for people that asked something recently)
    Does server have a website? - <nick>, Server website: http://forum.fcraft.net
    How to chat privately? - <nick>, Type: @playername infront of your message to chat privately
    When is main reset? - <nick>, Main world is reset 1-2 times a day. Other worlds stay. (Enabled only for fCraft Offical and SpA)
    3 msgs IN ALL CAPS - <nick>, Please turn off caps. (Enabled only for ranks lower than Op)
    Dankirk tell fun fact - Tells a fun fact based on recorded stats. Has 11 diffrent responses that are picked at random. You can also specify which fact you want by giving number 1-11 at end of the sentence.
!Commands
  • !players (or .players) - Shows the number of players on server (Usable by IRC ops and voiced people)

!spleef - Performs a countdown for a spleef match (Usable by Veteran+, +web config)
    !english <player> - Tells specified player to speak english in chat (in language he last spoke. GoogleTranslate is used for the translations. Usable in game by Op+ +web config)
    !promoratio - Shows percentage of players that have gotten themselves demoted/banned after you promoted them (in game by Op+)
    !fly - Replies with the how-to-fly message
    !mute - Disables Dankirk's autoreplies for the server. (Usable by IRC operators and Trustee+ ingame, +web config)
    !unmute - Enables Dankirk's autoreplies for the server. (Usable by IRC operators and Trustee+ ingame, +web config)
    !bans - Reports which players have been kicked more than 3 times within 6 days. This is also broadcasted everytime such person gets kicked again. (in game by Op+)
    !ignoreme - Will stop Dankirk from replying to you with instructive messages. !commands will still work. Lasts until !unignoreme is given. (in game)
    !unignoreme - Enables instructive messages for you again. (in game)
    !passreset #channel (Only PM on IRC) - Resets the password for web config. (Usable by IRC operators)
Included Misc Functions
Malicious accounts
Bot automatically checks if any joining player is on "publicly known" hacked accounts list and warns them if they are. Bot uses this website to do the checks: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Stats
Stats like number of kicks, bans, promotes, demotes, joins, and replies are recorded for later use and are viewable via website.

Impersonating People
The bot can detect if /say is used to impersonate someone on the server and announces this with "That's wasn't real <nickname>". The reply: "That wasn't me O_o" is seen when Dankirk is being impersonated.

On IRC I (the real me) will always talk through my bot which uses an authed nickname "Dankirk". I will never make a second connection or use any other nickname.
In game i use playername "dankirk".

Spam protection
The bot has a general spam protection of 1 second. This means that after a reply the bot will ignore all other messages until a second has passed. Note that there may be delay between IRC and the game. This prevents the bot flooding itself out of irc network.
There is also player specific spam protection. Any player lower rank than Op that asks more than 5 questions within 4 minute interval gets ignored for next 30 minutes.
Legacy Script
The legacy code (no webpage, no database, hardcoded answers) is still available at
http://dankirk.webs.com/mIRC%20Scripts/ ... oreply.txt

I'll put up the new sources once everything is in order with the new stuff.
Last edited by Dankirk on December 29th, 2016, 8:05 pm, edited 79 times in total.
<+FBB2_> Thimerit: There is actually a real dankirk? lol

<+FBB2_> dan9201: Does anyone else think Dankirk may possibly be....
<+FBB2_> dan9201: GOD?

JeromePl
OP

Re: Dankirk the Autoreply Bot (info & suggestions)

Post by JeromePl »

Can We Get A Reply To:

1) How Do I Use Different Blocks? / How To Change Blocks?

> [Player] - Press "B" To Change Blocks, Etc.
I'm Rick James, Bitch!

Cocaine's A Hell Of A Drug

Fehzor
Trustee

Post by Fehzor »

Can we change Dankirk tell fun fact to be shorter? Its a lot to type, over and over again like. Maybe just Dan fact or something like that?

JeromePl
OP

Post by JeromePl »

Fehzor wrote:Can we change Dankirk tell fun fact to be shorter? Its a lot to type, over and over again like. Maybe just Dan fact or something like that?
Can We Also Change It, So That It Only Says: "Dreaming Insane Is The Most Naive Op+"
I'm Rick James, Bitch!

supermariofan25

Post by supermariofan25 »

is the server owned by SPA.net still?

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

supermariofan25 wrote:is the server owned by SPA.net still?
This server isn't, no.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

JeromePl wrote:
Fehzor wrote:Can we change Dankirk tell fun fact to be shorter? Its a lot to type, over and over again like. Maybe just Dan fact or something like that?
Can We Also Change It, So That It Only Says: "Dreaming Insane Is The Most Naive Op+"
:(
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

supermariofan25

how come the SPA.net server is still running? :?:

DreamingInsane
Owner

Post by DreamingInsane »

supermariofan25 wrote:how come the SPA.net server is still running? :?:
That's is SpA.

This Is fCraft.

Not the same server or management.
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.."
~ Edgar Allan Poe

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Hafnium and I are not assholes so we left the SpA server intact. They can find whomever to continue running it if they want to but considering the change in SpA management I wouldn't think everything will be lasting much longer since nobody is left in the clan or community itself and we made the switch to the new server as smooth as possible.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

JeromePl
OP

Post by JeromePl »

Lol, This Is Derailing A Bit, Lets Re-Rail It Guys.

Hey Dankirk Can You Also Add:

> What Ranks Are There?

"To See All The Ranks, Type /Ranks" etc......
I'm Rick James, Bitch!

Pandorum

Post by Pandorum »

Lim-Dul, thread derailer. :mrgreen:
<KingCrab> oh btw, did you Kirshi is my babie's daddy?

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

I didn't derail it, supermariofan25 did. >:-(
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

lucky_pierre
SupOP

Post by lucky_pierre »

We don't need !kicks or "any bans needed anymore since we now require kick reasons.
piss 2017

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

"any bans needed" also reports people who have been kicked three times or more
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

bilde
OP

Post by bilde »

wouldn't "I can't see any servers" be worthless when your acctually INSIDE an server?
Meh...

Dankirk
SupOP

Post by Dankirk »

- !kicks removed (kick reasons now required)
- fixd "any bans needed" accordingly
- fixed checking for hacked accounts (dinnerbone.com changed layout, also a new batch of hacked accounts released this month)
- "How to make different blocks?" added
- "Dankirk tell fun fact" -> "Dankirk fact [number]"
* Each fact has it's own number which can be referred here
* [number] is optional and and must be 1-8.

bilde wrote:wouldn't "I can't see any servers" be worthless when your acctually INSIDE an server?
They usually come telling that through the website UI.
JeromePl wrote:Can We Also Change It, So That It Only Says: "Dreaming Insane Is The Most Naive Op+"
No, this is calculated by stats :<

EDIT:
I'd kindly ask to remove the offtopic posts. I understand it's all new and confusing, but anyway.

tomsplz3
SupOP

Post by tomsplz3 »

any bans needed comes in handy but i dont think we need !kicks here

bilde
OP

Post by bilde »

on "Dankirkt tell fun fact 7" there is a typo where it stands "the most naive op+ is[playername]" where is and playername isn't seperated with a space...
Meh...

Nessy
Trustee

Post by Nessy »

bilde wrote:on "Dankirkt tell fun fact 7" there is a typo where it stands "the most naive op+ is[playername]" where is and playername isn't seperated with a space...
That's on purpose as to not ping the people on IRC.

bilde
OP

Post by bilde »

aha...

But is the ping still active on the new irc? Haven't noticed it..
Meh...

rwojy
Trustee

Post by rwojy »

!mute works, but !unmute doesn't work, ingame or in irc, based on hit's *cough* experiment.
etc

supermariofan25

Sorry if i derailed the thread i was just asking didnt know where. :skeptical:

supermariofan25

Also I think Dankirk could have a question like "Dankirk tell us a Joke" and Dankirk would reply with "[Random joke]" Just for the lols :D

bilde
OP

Post by bilde »

Saying "How do i teleport to other player" triggers the "press B to find all your blocks" message... That's not right, is it? :roll:
Meh...

rwojy
Trustee

Post by rwojy »

You need to add server to the triggers "for does main reset." We get numerous "does server reset', and very few 'Does main reset'.

also, when a guest asks how to get veteran, it tells them 'you need to get builder first, tough' pretty sure it's though, not tough
etc

Dankirk
SupOP

Post by Dankirk »

rwojy wrote:!mute works, but !unmute doesn't work, ingame or in irc, based on hit's *cough* experiment.
My computer crashed at that time.
I should get new graphics card, since this one is getting old and has some overheating issues. I've increased fan speeds and underclocked the card (after cleaning the dust and reapplying thermal grease)
bilde wrote:Saying "How do i teleport to other player" triggers the "press B to find all your blocks" message... That's not right, is it? :roll:
fix'd
rwojy wrote:You need to add server to the triggers "for does main reset." We get numerous "does server reset', and very few 'Does main reset'.

also, when a guest asks how to get veteran, it tells them 'you need to get builder first, tough' pretty sure it's though, not tough
done & done
supermariofan25 wrote:Also I think Dankirk could have a question like "Dankirk tell us a Joke" and Dankirk would reply with "[Random joke]" Just for the lols :D
Make some short ones and I might :3

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

My dog has no nose.

How does it smell?
Hehehe
The first law of thermodynamics states that you don't discuss thermodynamics.

Allie

Post by Allie »

Some day, if Dankirk were ever to be able to determine the ranks of online players, it would be nice for him to count how many administrators are online. That way, when a player asks how to rank up, if there's less than 4 admins online, instead of him saying "Ask an Op+ to look at your build", he could explain that we don't have enough administrators online to judge buildings.
<CMB> KingCrab72: Some mixture and contrast would be nice tbh Ollie
<Ollieboy> Some mixture and contrast of your face on my penis would also be nice

Dankirk
SupOP

Post by Dankirk »

Astelyn wrote:Some day, if Dankirk were ever to be able to determine the ranks of online players, it would be nice for him to count how many administrators are online. That way, when a player asks how to rank up, if there's less than 4 admins online, instead of him saying "Ask an Op+ to look at your build", he could explain that we don't have enough administrators online to judge buildings.
It can already detect the ranks, problem is that hidden people don't leave quit messages to irc. So it seems they never left.