Dedicated RAM

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
roblikescake

Dedicated RAM

Post by roblikescake »

So i had this old desktop that i didnt use very often and ive decided to make it the dedicated server for hosting 24/7 Project Evolution. Heres what i need to know, once i move all my files over, how can i dedicated all of the ram to just the server? Doing this will lessen the lag when more players have joined. Please reply asap. Thanks.

roblikescake

Re: Dedicated RAM

Post by roblikescake »

just realized it might help if you knew that this pc is running on ubuntu 10.04

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

I'd suggest giving up right now, as mono is a piece of shit.
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'

roblikescake

Post by roblikescake »

Bloody_Llama wrote:I'd suggest giving up right now, as mono is a piece of shit.
lol thats true. i installed it last night and now its saying some parts of mono arent installed. im like really i just spent several hours installing that. im thinking of just trying the MineOS if fcraft supports it, as is it a linux based OS.

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

Whatever you do, don't try running it on CentOS. Fucking hopeless.

As far as MineOS and MineOS Crux, I believe with both you'd have to compile and try to run mono yourself, which is difficult at best on the more widely used/supported distros...

roblikescake

Post by roblikescake »

so ive gotten this to go a little bit further now. ive got mono reinstalled and working. but in the terminal when i type "mono fCraftConsole.exe" to launch the exe, it launches in the terminal instead of opening a new one. im fine with that its just odd lol. but now that ive got the server up and running again, i need to know, how can i dedicate all or most of the ram to the server? hoping fragmer knows the answer :p

roblikescake

Post by roblikescake »

edit- now ive ran into another problem. i can no longer connect to my server from my laptop, the server is running off the desktop. other people can connect to it but not me. suggestions?

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

roblikescake wrote:edit- now ive ran into another problem. i can no longer connect to my server from my laptop, the server is running off the desktop. other people can connect to it but not me. suggestions?
refer to http://www.fcraft.net/wiki/Installation ... t_from_LAN

roblikescake

Post by roblikescake »

boblol0909 wrote:
roblikescake wrote:edit- now ive ran into another problem. i can no longer connect to my server from my laptop, the server is running off the desktop. other people can connect to it but not me. suggestions?
refer to http://www.fcraft.net/wiki/Installation ... t_from_LAN
dude, no homo, but i love you. that just fixed my problem :D thank you so much. if i ever see you on my server "24/7 Project Evolution" i will deffinitely give you a rank for this. now if only someone could figure out the ram problem lol

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

Find an old salvage machine and rip out the memory to increase your rig's memory. Problem solved.

roblikescake

Post by roblikescake »

Bloody_Llama wrote:Find an old salvage machine and rip out the memory to increase your rig's memory. Problem solved.
the desktop is so old its max is 2gb. hsa 1.5gb in it now. its running good for my server though. i can get a decent 10-15 people with minimum lag

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

If you're running linux you should be able to run with a decent amount of players and maps. Especially if you're just running a console.

roblikescake

Post by roblikescake »

yeah true. so the 17th was when i first started my server. it was up for 4 days and have about 350 people in player database. was down for a few days because database corrupted. now its been up for not even 3 days and ive already got over 450 people in database