The World Ending?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit other categories here.
JustOnePanda
OP

Re: The World Ending?

Post by JustOnePanda »

Dear god what have I created...

And hmm anyone remember the "doomsday" scare before New Years in 1999? Everyone peed their pants as they honestly believed the world would end in 2000. And look, CLEARLY we're all dead (sarcasm). If it didn't end then, it wouldn't end now, or any date predicted by man. It'll happen when it happens :D

Edit: 100th post!
Last edited by JustOnePanda on November 22nd, 2011, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

JustOnePanda wrote:Dear god what have I created...

And hmm anyone remember the "doomsday" scare before New Years in 1999? Everyone peed their pants as they honestly believed the world would end in 2000. And look, CLEARLY we're all dead (sarcasm). If it didn't end then, it wouldn't end now, or any date predicted by man. It'll happen when it happens :D
Wow thank god you posted.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

I am so sorry I missed the religion circlejerk. So so sorry. This may actually make me regret vegging with Skyrim.

KingCrab, aboogahboogahboogah.

You don't get to use Twilight Sparkles to defend your religion. Twilight is an academic. Deso is NOT being a dick about anything. When you come here and start spewing BS and she corrects you, she is not being a dick, she is doing a public service.

Deso, have my babies.
The first law of thermodynamics states that you don't discuss thermodynamics.

JustOnePanda
OP

Post by JustOnePanda »

Hmm, religion can be a tough subject to debate, with all the different kinds of people and all...

Also Ollie sure does know how to make me feel like an idiot :creeper:
"a person's dream are meant to be fulfilled not crushed and these words I am typing from the 3DS are from my heart"
-SSJGoten22

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

JustOnePanda wrote:Hmm, religion can be a tough subject to debate, with all the different kinds of people and all...

Also Ollie sure does know how to make me feel like an idiot :creeper:
For the love of god please stop making obvious sweeping statements that have already been made a thousand times in this thread.

KingCrab

Post by KingCrab »

Hafnium wrote:I am so sorry I missed the religion circlejerk. So so sorry. This may actually make me regret vegging with Skyrim.

You don't get to use Twilight Sparkles to defend your religion. Twilight is an academic. Deso is NOT being a dick about anything. When you come here and start spewing BS and she corrects you, she is not being a dick, she is doing a public service.

Deso, have my babies.
You've talked to me personally...

You know my views :wink:
<+FCB1> 05+Pemalite: all the fcraft chicks reject me except element

13:04 + FCB2 │ +Pemalite: craaaaab
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: no
13:04 + FCB1 │ +Pemalite: ill give yout the best loving ou ever ad crab

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

Religion! How horrible that I've missed such an opportunity!

I worship my penis. It created the universe. When it stops working, the universe will end with it.
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'

Hafnium
Owner

Post by Hafnium »

KingCrab wrote:
Hafnium wrote:I am so sorry I missed the religion circlejerk. So so sorry. This may actually make me regret vegging with Skyrim.

Deso, have my babies.
You've talked to me personally...

You know my views :wink:
After talking to Crab, I've discovered that he isn't nearly as narrow-minded as this thread makes him out to be! I retract my name calling.

And Deso, it actually looks like you started this. *whistles*

Here's my two cents:

Religion has poisoned public debate in America. It has seeped into our government contrary to our founder's wishes. If you want to use religion as your personal moral code, that's fantastic, but don't try to apply it to me as well.

Religion does, however, fill a niche. I have to say that I do think it is a construct of man meant to help one deal with life, but it still serves a purpose. There is a distinction between lashing out at a politician reading verse into the congressional record and lashing out at someone who expresses their personal belief when asked or when in a conversation about, essentially, belief.

Condemning someone who wants to fill that niche in their life with religion is silly so long as they don't try to force it on you. Its much the same as someone going around condemning his friends that enjoy sports because it degrades our society and whatnot.

Condemning atheists for not being Christian is also silly. Additionally, its contrary to Jesus' teachings. (Haha!)

Catholics that truly believe their religion's cannon law are dumb. Really dumb. Dumb and/or misinformed.

Trying to debate religion versus science is incredibly silly for people on both sides. There are no facts that prove the existence of a higher power, nor are there any that directly disprove it. If you want to argue your religion's history, the burden of proof is on you, and your holy book doesn't stand for itself.

Quick ways to lose Hafnium's respect:
  • Tell me that I should follow the rules in your holy book.
  • Throw the first stone in a religion vs science argument.
  • Get in someone's face for being an atheist.
  • Get in someones face for believing in a higher power.
The first law of thermodynamics states that you don't discuss thermodynamics.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

What is it called when you believe that a long time ago in a galaxy far far away something happened due to some big awesome being, but has since stopped giving a shit about us because that's logical and now whatever it is he created is left to fend for itself? That's me.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

That would be the watchmaker analogy
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

I am a strong believer in the Watchmaker. All your respective religions are now incorrect.

Desosus
SupOP

Post by Desosus »

Pshh, I didn't throw the first stone.
_Snivy_: is desosus a bot?

Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Post by Lim-Dul »

Ollieboy wrote:What is it called when you believe that a long time ago in a galaxy far far away something happened due to some big awesome being, but has since stopped giving a shit about us because that's logical and now whatever it is he created is left to fend for itself? That's me.
Jedi? I believe it's like the 3rd or 4th largest religion in the UK according to polls.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell

kman224

Post by kman224 »

if the world ends in any way shape or form, it will be the zombie apocalypse(now its spelled right).
Last edited by kman224 on November 27th, 2011, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

kman224 wrote:(idk if i spelled that right and idc).
I do, why don't you make a bit more of an effort when you decide to contribute.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

OMG the world is going to end tomorrow, AGAIN!

But seriously, just because the Mayans cbf buying a caldendar for the next few millenia....
This post makes my post count increase by one!

tylerthecreator5

Post by tylerthecreator5 »

Dear god JustOnePanda what have you done!?!
Anyway if there is a zombie Apocalypse we all need to get together and go to my friend yoteslays house and camp there untill its over :3
Lololol now you know i've wasted your time

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

Protip: As my mentor always said, During a zombie Apocalypse, avoid using guns, as they can run out of A-M-M-U-N-I-T-I-O-N. swords, axes, and knifes are the way to go.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

How on earth did I miss this thread... As both a Christian and biological science student, I would have loved it... Sadly everything that could have been said looks to have been said.

ConroD

Post by ConroD »

This may have already been posted and I've missed it but..

The mayan calendar essential works in cycles, what the western world thought was the end, was merely the end of a 'Greater cycle', every 5 Greater cycles marks a Galactic cycle, also know as a galactic alignment. The only event that could cause the end of the world, with substantial evidence ( Be-it from theoretical science, but evidence nonetheless ) is the alignment it's self causing a galactic/planet shift. What this shift will be, we are yet to know.

Oh.. There is also the start of a new solar cycle that just happens to fall around 12/21/2012 which is supposedly the most violent in several centuries, and will cause global power outages and the like.

Just thought i'd through that out there :D

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

It was already said. Also;
ConroD wrote:Oh.. There is also the start of a new solar cycle that just happens to fall around 12/21/2012 which is supposedly the most violent in several centuries, and will cause global power outages and the like.
Planet alignment does nothing. It has happened a load in the past with absolutely no effect. Smokeybacon is the fCraft astrophysicist. If you're going to make claims like that, quote some evidence.
ConroD wrote:substantial evidence (theoretical science)
Yeah righto mate, let me know how your tiny building-blocks-of-all-life-ever strings of energy are going.

ConroD

Post by ConroD »

I was merely sharing what I've heard/read, half of what I said there I think is horse crap anyways ahaha :p.

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Post by Bloody_Llama »

Cartoonman wrote:Protip: As my mentor always said, During a zombie Apocalypse, avoid using guns, as they can run out of A-M-M-U-N-I-T-I-O-N. swords, axes, and knifes are the way to go.
At least half the guys I know stockpile ammo for their hunting rifle + 12ga...
I think we'll run out of zombies before bullets...
Zombies can't climb deer stands right?
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'

Xesdra

Post by Xesdra »

Cartoonman wrote:Protip: As my mentor always said, During a zombie Apocalypse, avoid using guns, as they can run out of A-M-M-U-N-I-T-I-O-N. swords, axes, and knifes are the way to go.
Pfft melee weapons degrade so fast, costs fucken thousands of dollars to repair too... plus you have to find a workbench
This post makes my post count increase by one!

Flamewarrior199
SupOP

Post by Flamewarrior199 »

I'll bet if the world ended in 2012 T-Rex's would come and eat each one of us and then drain the Earth of its resources(the few we have left) and then fly away while chuckeling! :happyskeleton: :happyzombie: :happycreeper:
[23:56] <Allie> Flamewarrior199 is drowning in bitches

dontstephere
OP

Post by dontstephere »

JustOnePanda wrote:Dear god what have I created...

Edit: 100th post!
what if the world did end, and this is just a dream....

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

dontstephere wrote:what if the world did end, and this is just a dream....
Whoo matrix!

I hate the big '2000' Millennium change hype!
Was the hole freaking world sleeping?

Ffs, the real millennium change was at 2001, did anybody make a big fus about that?
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

The 'real' Y2K bug will affect 32 bit hardware on the wraparound date which is 03:14:07 UTC on 19th January 2038
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

After this doomsday kills us all, we're also going to get almost hit by a meteor in like 2029/2030 or something. Closest in a long time, like 18000 miles away from Earth, inside the orbit of the moon.. Being so long to go until then, it could still hit us.

Conspiracy theories... kgo!

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

Sorry for the wall of text quote, but to clear up the 99942 Apophis issue before it bubbles up, it's going to miss, but will teach us a lesson and it may be worth attempting some sort of deflection as a rehearsal.
Orbit determination for Near-Earth Asteroids presents unique technical challenges due to the imperative of early detection and careful assessment of the risk posed by specific Earth close approaches. This article presents a case study of asteroid 99942 Apophis, a 300-400 meter object that, for a short period in December 2004, held an impact probability of more than 2% in 2029. Now, with an orbit based on radar ranging and more than a year of optical observations, we can confidently say that it will pass safely by the Earth in 2029, although at a distance of only about six Earth radii from the geocenter. However, the extremely close nature of this encounter acts to obscure the trajectory in subsequent years, when resonant returns to the vicinity of the Earth are possible. In particular, an impact possibility in the year 2036 has a roughly 5% probability of persisting through the very favorable 2013 radar and optical observing apparition. In the event that the 2036 potential impact has not been eliminated by 2013, a precise characterization of the Yarkovsky accelerations acting on the asteroid may become an important part of the orbit estimation and impact prediction problem. Even so, the sixteen years available to effect a deflection from 2013 until 2029, after which the problem would become intractable, are sufficient to respond to the threat should a deflection effort become warranted.
Chesley, Steven R. (2006). Potential impact detection for Near-Earth asteroids: the case of 99942 Apophis . Available: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2006IAUS..229..215C. Last accessed 30th Nov 2011.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft