Demotion Appeal - Facecomic

Appeal any bans, kicks or demotions that you feel you did not deserve here.
Facecomic

Demotion Appeal - Facecomic

Post by Facecomic »

Who: intertoothh

When: 24th November 2011 at ~18:50pm
Reason: "Do not make lava penises on main please"

Why Not?
Well, let me begin by saying this. Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat. That is to say, Innocent until proven guilty. You see, I did not make those depictions of genitalia. My brother 'hijacked' my computer while I was away making tea, and made them himself. I was not aware of their construction until I was demoted for it shortly afterwards. I assure you, I was rather angry at him. :rage:
Furthermore, I believe there is a three-warning system for such cases. I was given one warning for drawing a large lava block in main (which I forgot to delete and did not intentionally leave there) and was then demoted for the genitalia. I feel that this was defacement of my rights in-game.
Finally, to conclude, I was not told to keep my account safe when I joined. I did not see any rule in the chat message (/rules) about protecting my account, and I did not expect my brother (who is eighteen) to be so unimaginably childish.
I apologise for my older sibling's foolishness, and I implore you that I did not have any connection to the creation of said depictions. I ask of you that I be re=promoted to Builder because of these reasons. Thank you for reading. :chicken:

Allie

Re: Demotion Appeal - Facecomic

Post by Allie »

This is ultimately Intertoothh's decision to make, but I am going to interject with one comment:
Facecomic wrote:My brother 'hijacked' my computer while I was away making tea, and made them himself.
From our Rules Forum:
Hafnium wrote:You are accountable for your account's actions. If someone else has access to your account, even accidental access, and uses it to break server rules, we will still take action against your account. If, for instance, a male sibling of yours uses you account to grief our server, you will still be held accountable for that grief.

If people that you do not trust have access to the computer you use to play, we suggest disabling the "remember my password" option on your WoM client and internet browser.
<CMB> KingCrab72: Some mixture and contrast would be nice tbh Ollie
<Ollieboy> Some mixture and contrast of your face on my penis would also be nice

Facecomic

Post by Facecomic »

Astelyn wrote:This is ultimately Intertoothh's decision to make, but I am going to interject with one comment:
Facecomic wrote:My brother 'hijacked' my computer while I was away making tea, and made them himself.
From our Rules Forum:
Hafnium wrote:You are accountable for your account's actions. If someone else has access to your account, even accidental access, and uses it to break server rules, we will still take action against your account. If, for instance, a male sibling of yours uses you account to grief our server, you will still be held accountable for that grief.

If people that you do not trust have access to the computer you use to play, we suggest disabling the "remember my password" option on your WoM client and internet browser.
I was not told that. Ever. I didn't even know there was a forum until AFTER I was demoted!

Scrathy
Trustee

Post by Scrathy »

Every time you log in to our server, you are shown a phrase that consists of reading the /help and reading the /rules. When you enter in /rules, you are told some basic rules. You are also told to go on the internet and enter in the forums website, which can lead you to the rules here.

It is up to you and everyone else to follow the rules.
If you want a latin term for that its called; Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

So the ball is back in your court because you chose not to learn the rules of the server.

Facecomic

Post by Facecomic »

Scrathy wrote:Every time you log in to our server, you are shown a phrase that consists of reading the /help and reading the /rules. When you enter in /rules, you are told some basic rules. You are also told to go on the internet and enter in the forums website, which can lead you to the rules here.

It is up to you and everyone else to follow the rules.
If you want a latin term for that its called; Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

So the ball is back in your court because you chose not to learn the rules of the server.
Touche. However, I maintain that I was promoted to builder for making something epic. Everyone is cool, I was cool, everybody won there. I insist that my intentions were good. I am immensely apologetic about the lava genitalia, and I admit now that it was partially my fault, but imagine this hypothetical situation:

A murderer needs information on his victim before he kills her. That information is stored on my computer, as the victim is, say, my wife. Now, if he hacks onto my computer while I'm making tea, and finds that information, and kills my wife, I am not persecuted as I am also a victim. My brother victimised me by drawing those penises in lava, as he knew I would be demoted. I am the victim, not the suspect! Think about it.

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

We demoted your account, regardless of who was controlling it, because your account broke the rules. I'm sick of this friggin excuse still coming up.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Facecomic wrote: I was given one warning for drawing a large lava block in main (which I forgot to delete and did not intentionally leave there)
Your story isnt sound.
Ingame you told me your 'brother' made that one as well.

And i found 2 more lava cubes undeground, also made by your 'brother'.

Appeal: DENIED.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?