Stolen items policy

Want to provide feedback or have a question? Post away!
Cartoonman
SupOP

Stolen items policy

Post by Cartoonman »

Since i've now gotten grief-raided twice in a row, with both times losing substantial amounts of hard-earned items, i might as well put out my opinion on the matter.

I am aware that according to rules, if a player griefs their way in to get to an unlocked chest, it is a bannable offence. Thats nice and all. All the block grief is undone(with a few redstone-related exceptions, beyond any control), and all is good and normal. But what about the items that remain missing? I am fully aware that our plugin does not roll back chests, and based on what i've gathered, returning items is rather difficult, as it has to be done manually.

Block grief is one thing, but when someone griefs into your house and steals 90% of what you have, it's a bit frustrating to know that you can not get it back. ever. At least, thats what i've experienced with my 2 times being grief-raided (the other times was due to stupidity and were legit raids, so i dont care about those.).

Now i know people are going to say "Oh, you shouldda locked ur chests" Thats nice and all, but when you've gotten 71/100 on your /climits counter (and i honestly have no idea where half of those even came from), locking tonnes of chests isnt reasonable.Now i've made sure that where i keep my chests, there is absolutely NO possible way to get to them without griefing in to get them. but of course, the items can still be stolen if someone griefed in.(and they are) Plus, the griefing player has no desire to stay on the server anyhow, and you lose all your stolen items. Either way, you lose. It kinda sucks in my opinion. I know some will just say "oh, deal with it." but it's rather demoralizing to know that no matter what you do to try and protect unlocked chests, they're gonna get griefed, one way or another, and you wont be compensated for the loss at all.

What im trying to say is, i think that we should get compensated for lost items done by grief-raiding. If it takes a screenshot of chest contents to help get items back, so be it, but i honestly feel that simply banning someone who didn't even have a desire to be here does very little to fix the damage already done.

my 2 cents.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: Stolen items policy

Post by Ollieboy »

I thought I got rid of the protection limit. Ill fix that when I get home. The limits were purely for plugin stability as that was an issue before. Either way you will never be given full compensation otherwise LWC is useless, however maybe there can be monetary compensation or something, but the key to the matter is that everyone is given enough to protect 6 chests when the begin on the server so put the stuff you deeply care about in locked chests.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Cartoonman
SupOP

Re: Stolen items policy

Post by Cartoonman »

Ok, thanks for the reply. I dont wish to recieve any compensation for the 2 grief-raid incidents that i had, but maybe for future incidents, for anyone that gets grief-raided, to get at least something back. Aurei sounds reasonable, kinda like home insurance.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers