Setting up fCraft on Ubuntu via the command line?

Post here to get help with using or setting up fCraft
Quantus

Setting up fCraft on Ubuntu via the command line?

Post by Quantus »

Hi there,

I was just wondering, is it possible to set up fCraft on an Ubuntu server via the command line? I have full SSH access to the command line, but I can't use the GUI of the server.

If this is possible, could you please list a few steps/useful hints that I may need when attempting to do this? What software do I need on the server (Obviously fCraft, mono, any others?).

As for the config, is it possible to do this without the graphical interface? (If so, how?)
Would the console be accessible via the command line? (If so, how?)

Thanks in advance
Quantus

Bloody_Llama
Trustee

Re: Setting up fCraft on Ubuntu via the command line?

Post by Bloody_Llama »

EASIEST way config wise is to get on windows or whatever and run the GUI config, set it up, then copy to config files to the machine you will run it on.
<FCB2> trevbev94: who made the perimid out of saind cause that is ausom
<FCB2> Pemalite+: druffin. 'cmere big boy for some lovin'

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

First of all, I recommend grabbing latest Mono (2.10.8) or the one before that (2.10.7). Those have a lot fewer bugs than Mono 2.6 or 2.8.

To be able to attach to fCraft's console (ServerCLI) after running it, I recommend running it through screen utility.

There is no command-line equivalent of ConfigGUI at the moment, but I am working on one, due to be released with fCraft 0.700 (no ETA yet). You can edit config on any machine, copy "config.xml" over to your server machine, and either restart fCraft or use /reload config command to read the changes.

masteronion

Post by masteronion »

You can edit the config.xml file with pico (or nano) on Linux. Most config keys can be modified, although like the others have said, I would strongly recommend creating ranks, modifying permissions, and creating worlds (of course) on a separate PC that can use the GUI.

Code: Select all

cd /fcraft/
pico config.xml