Amd radeon graphics thing.

Discuss everything technical here.
Epicpeople321

Amd radeon graphics thing.

Post by Epicpeople321 »

WELL, I know integrated graphics are a no-no, but does anyone know anything about this graphics card? AMD Radeon HD 6530D. I've found a Quad core prossecor that has this dual integrated, it has up to 1GB of memory, so I guess the question is, with it being dual graphics, does it have 2GB?, and I'm also not really sure if it shares ram or not.
<Wundsalz> some people will be pissed at your formula
<#Ollieboy> They can suck it.

Pemalite
Trustee

Re: Amd radeon graphics thing.

Post by Pemalite »

That's a Llano based Quad Core, think of it more like an Athlon 2 x4 (Core 2 Quad) in terms of processor performance.

Now as far as your Dual Graphics = Dual memory thing goes... No, it doesn't work like that.

If you have 2x Graphics cards both with 1gb of ram... That Ram isn't pooled or shared between graphics chips, instead the information is copied to both the graphics cards memory at the same time with the same data.
So you will still end up with 1gb usable overall.

With that said, more Ram doesn't make a graphics card faster, a low-end graphics solution such as that will *never* be able to handle 2gb of game data at once and still output an acceptable amount of performance.
Plus, the ONLY time you will see a dramatic performance increase with 2gb or more graphics card memory is when you are running 2560x1440/2560x1600/Eyefinity or Surround Vision resolutions, which lets face it...
If you can afford a display set-up like that with those resolutions you would also be shopping for high-end $300-$1000+ multiple graphics cards.

As for if it's shared memory or not... That's hard to know without knowing the actual model of the system itself, so if you can share the make and model that would be awesome, but at a minimum the integrated graphics HAS to use system memory.
The only exception to this rule is the old 600/700/800 chipset series IGP's which can have Sideport memory which can be used either stand-alone or in conjunction with system memory.
Xecutioner91890: I wanna meet the owners that would be a dream !
<@hafnium> Fuck off

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

key word: "UP to 1GB". that means that chipset is using "UP TO 1GB". In most cases, when dealing with things like integrated graphics, or even CPU's in general, memory is a shared aspect. Multiple CPU's must share the same L3 cache, as the dual-integrated graphics chipset must share 1GB with each other.

In short, get a dedicated card if you can. My recommendation is to get the HD 5850 if you can. If not, anything that's 58xx+,68xx+, or 78xx+ is sure to run about 99% of all games on the market at fps of 15+.
Pemalite here is a gaming freak, so his views on gaming involve 3 gigantic screens, the very best of computing software, and a pile of graphic-intensive games to show off his E-peen, all while contributing nothing to Folding@home nor any BOINC scientific project that could greatly benefit from his overpowered gaming monster, but I digress. :P
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

Cartoonman wrote:all while contributing nothing to Folding@home nor any BOINC scientific project that could greatly benefit from his overpowered gaming monster
Last I heard Folding@Home had two of Pem's cores dedicated to it.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Pemalite
Trustee

Post by Pemalite »

Ollieboy wrote:
Cartoonman wrote:all while contributing nothing to Folding@home nor any BOINC scientific project that could greatly benefit from his overpowered gaming monster
Last I heard Folding@Home had two of Pem's cores dedicated to it.
When I had your Phenom 2 x6 chip I had 2 cores dedicated to it, always.

When I'm asleep, I fire up the CPU and GPU clients and my system happily folds proteins all night long.
When I'm not gaming or just playing Minecraft I limit it to 6 cores and a single GPU, so my "overpowered" system is not going to waste.
Conversely, when it comes to upgrade time, other people end up with my old hardware, so they benefit from my purchases too.

Plus, running games at 5760x1080 is stupidly taxing, you can't run the latest games at max with anything less than 2x High-end GPU's, hate on it alllll you want, I worked for my money, I'll spend it the way I bloody well want!
<@hafnium> Fuck off

Cartoonman
SupOP

Post by Cartoonman »

Cartoonman wrote:"but I digress. :P"
Besides, Folding@home is too mainstream.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Epicpeople321

Post by Epicpeople321 »

Plus, running games at 5760x1080 is stupidly taxing, you can't run the latest games at max with anything less than 2x High-end GPU's, hate on it alllll you want, I worked for my money, I'll spend it the way I bloody well want!

I don't think that's entirely true. I seem to remember you saying minecraft can run on an acient roman sundile. Unless that's not considered a game. :P

Pemalite
Trustee

Post by Pemalite »

Epicpeople321 wrote:

I don't think that's entirely true. I seem to remember you saying minecraft can run on an acient roman sundile. Unless that's not considered a game. :P
I'm talking about the new and shiny games. :P
<@hafnium> Fuck off

Epicpeople321

Post by Epicpeople321 »

I have yet another question, can you disable the integrated graphics and install a new graphics card, then enable the new card? I couldn't find any clear answer from Google, so yeah.

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

What? If you install an actual card you're done.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Epicpeople321

Post by Epicpeople321 »

So even if you have a graphics card integrated in the CPU, you can just install a new one and use that? O:

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

Epicpeople321

Post by Epicpeople321 »

Cool, thanks bobo. :oops:

Pemalite
Trustee

Post by Pemalite »

Epicpeople321 wrote:So even if you have a graphics card integrated in the CPU, you can just install a new one and use that? O:
Yes, as long as it's not a laptop.

Also, some integrated graphics chips can "work together" with a dedicated graphics card to boost your overall performance too.

For example... You buy an AMD Llano Quad core desktop with a Radeon 6550D, you could drop in a Radeon 6670 and both Radeons would work together and provide performance fairly relative to a Radeon 6750.
It's essentially a free performance upgrade.
However, if you go for a faster card than the 6670 then both graphics chips won't work together, but there would also be no need for them to, but if you want to keep things cheap it's an "option".
<@hafnium> Fuck off