Demotion appeal

Appeal any bans, kicks or demotions that you feel you did not deserve here.
Thingy15927

Demotion appeal

Post by Thingy15927 »

Demotion appeal- Thingy15927

When:6/20/11
Who: CDferg
Reason given: Spleefing guests

Alright, CDferg, you subversive, you win. I do admit I was spleefing. But I was spleefing in my territory and I was doing it to one of MY friends. It was just for fun. Even ask him, he doesn't care (boblol0909, sorry I brought you into this). I don't see what the big deal is. I wanted him to be a builder. That's why I helped him rebuild his entire stadium from scratch after it was reset. So, I'm sorry. But, it wouldn't have been a big deal unless you, CDferg, made it into one.

Here's my argument:

Nobody's perfect. I'm sure you've all stolen pencils from FRIENDS, sat in the front seat of a car when you were a kid, not wear a seatbelt, etc. All of these are little things. When you do take things from friends, its always a little thing, kind of like a game. Nothing serious. No harm done. So, whats the purpose of rules? To protect people. I didn't harm anybody or anything when I dug a hole under my friend. So, once again, I don't see the big deal. Now, when you sat in the front seat of a car, or not wear a seatbelt, I'm sure your parents realized that you broke the law. But did they call a policeman on you. No! They did not make a big deal out of it. And even if a policeman saw you without a seatbelt, they wouldn't give you like a $100 ticket or anything. IT's Not a big deal. They would of course ask you to wear a seatbelt. Boblol0909 also did not make a big deal out of it, but CD did. No harm was done. CD did not even give me a warning. I recall that day that in his builder lesson when he talked about kicking people, he said "You must always warn them first. I cannot stress that enough." Well, he certainly did not warn me when he demoted me.

Look at the world spleef. Isn't that breaking the rules. I could not find an OFFICIAL rule anywhere saying that you can spleef in world spleef. When I asked Dankirk, he did not say anything about world spleef. So, why isn't everybody who goes there demoted, too?

I'm not making an appeal only to CDferg, I'm making an appeal to the whole fCraft about the unjust there is. I feel that this game is becoming a dictatorship, instead of the democracy it should be. The ops have ultimate power and they can virtually do anything they want. CD is from America, where we fought against the rule of Great Britain in the 18th Century and later the 19th century. Shouldn't he understand the idea of democracy? No, instead he stalked me, and as soon as I started digging, I was demoted. Without warning.

I know that I've done my share of helping people. While CD talks in lessons and gives advice, I actually help people physically. And as Ben Franklin once said, "Well done is better than well said."

Allie

Re: Demotion appeal

Post by Allie »

Though this decision is to be made by cdferg, I'm going to interject.

First things first: We can not, will not, and do not change the rules for anyone. They do not bend. Our rules are very clearly stated (http://forum.fcraft.net/viewforum.php?f=7), and you are presented with a message upon joining the server telling you to type /rules to see what they are. We're not a "dictatorship"; we merely enforce a simple set of rules in order to keep the server functioning and allow our guests to each have an equally enjoyable experience.

Spleef is a form of griefing, which is covered by our first rule. Anything that causes harm to another player OR our server is considered grief. While you may have been spleefing a friend, who consented to such activities, you were still tearing messy holes in our map, while at the same time giving other players around you the false idea that it is okay to spleef other players. Whether or not you intended for it to be harmful, it is still unacceptable.

If you want your rank back, I would advise that you take some time to become familiar with our rules, and don't waste your time trying to argue with simple logic.
<CMB> KingCrab72: Some mixture and contrast would be nice tbh Ollie
<Ollieboy> Some mixture and contrast of your face on my penis would also be nice

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

where to begin.....
Thingy15927 wrote:Look at the world spleef. Isn't that breaking the rules. I could not find an OFFICIAL rule anywhere saying that you can spleef in world spleef. When I asked Dankirk, he did not say anything about world spleef. So, why isn't everybody who goes there demoted, too?
This has to be the stupidest thing ever. In #spleef, you are allowed to spleef; it's the purpose of the arena. When you are not playing the game in #spleef and you're spleefing about on main, guest, or whatever, you are breaking the rule of "No spleefing". This means you cannot delete blocks under people to make them fall. Now, in the 20 hours that you've been with the server, you haven't figured out that spleefing is against the rules when you are not in the spleef arena?
Thingy15927 wrote:CD did not even give me a warning.
I don't have to warn a builder for rule breaking. You should follow the rules. The difference between builders warning guests who are griefing is entirely different than this in that, as a builder, you are expected to know the server rules. Once again, spleefing on main should be an obvious no-no.
Thingy15927 wrote:I know that I've done my share of helping people. While CD talks in lessons and gives advice, I actually help people physically. And as Ben Franklin once said, "Well done is better than well said."
The decision to re-promote you would be easier if you weren't such a smart ass.

Anyways, this is my decision: Play around for a few days without being a troll, and if I feel you truly should be re-promoted, I'll give you builder back. And tone down the dictatorship/democracy shit. No one cares. Appeal Acceptance: Pending.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

shankd0g

Post by shankd0g »

Sir, since you say you are appealing to all staff I will make a simple reply to you.

When you (and all other guests) were promoted they should have been explained 3 simple to follow rules. Any of these SIMPLE rules will result in demotion to the builder if broken.

They are:

1. Do not abuse commands on main or spam cuboids.

2. Do not abuse the kick command and do not moderate the server unless specifically asked to do so, or there is an absence of admin staff.

3. Do not grief, spleef or tunnel where it is not appropriate.

Apparently you decided not to follow those rules, as simple as they are.

We have these rules in place to allow enjoyment for all who use our server. Those who abide by the rule set forth are made to feel welcome, enjoy their time on the server and ultimately move up through the ranks.

Those who do not, are managed accordingly to ensure rules are followed by all.

Had you been a guest spleefing, you would have been warned and directed to our spleef world to enjoy yourself.

The fact that you were a builder means a couple of things...

1. You were told the rules of a builder.
2. You've been here at least long enough to have seen other people be warned and kicked for spleefing.
3. You made a conscious decision to spleef where it is not allowed.

Also, I'm replying to this appeal because as a US Army veteran who has fought to bring freedom and democracy to people, I can assure you that I wouldn't be part of a dictatorship where power was abused and as a trustee on this staff I can assure you that I expect our staff to conduct themselves in a manner which brings credit to our server and community. Which they do... or they too are managed accordingly.

You sir should learn to follow simple rules and understand that compliance isn't optional. Even in a free society.

Have a fine day... and for what it's worth, your demotion appeal should be DENIED as far as I'm concerned.
***** This user has left the building. *****

Thingy15927

Post by Thingy15927 »

@ Astelyn

Thank you for the link to the rules. It really reinforced everything for me. However, nowhere on there did it say anything about spleefing. Spleefing is part of Griefing, Well if you say so... But, I know people that got promoted because of digging underground. I dug 8 holes, in a perfect cubical shape. Yep, thats really messy... Plus it was on MY territory, as I emphasized earlier. Others around me? Nobody said ANYTHING until CD demoted me.

@CDferg

Where are the rules posted? In the link the Astelyn said? Well, I checked there and it said nothing about spleefing. When I say /rules, it says what will happen if you grief. Well, until now, I knew nothing about spleefing, partially because Dankirk would answer two different things when I asked him. Also /rules does not define griefing or spleefing and never said I would get a demotion! The only official definition was from Dankirk, and he said NOTHING about any exceptions to the rule. And look at you, hating Ben Franklin's wisdom. He was one of the founding fathers of our nation. Just goes to show what a subversive you are.

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

two words: common sense

ask your friend Thomas Paine about it.

actually, two more words too: Appeal Denied.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

Allie

Post by Allie »

Typing /rules directs you to our forums, and our Rules section is linked on the front page. It could not have to be any clearer than that.

Also, I can ASSURE you that you do not know people who were promoted for "digging underground". There is a very clear difference between digging holes with no purpose and building something underground.

I call troll. If not:
cdferg wrote:smart ass.
<CMB> KingCrab72: Some mixture and contrast would be nice tbh Ollie
<Ollieboy> Some mixture and contrast of your face on my penis would also be nice