[Ban Appeal] - Cartoonman

Appeal any bans, kicks or demotions that you feel you did not deserve here.
Cartoonman
SupOP

[Ban Appeal] - Cartoonman

Post by Cartoonman »

When: 11/08/12 -5:00
Who: Ollieboy
Reason Given: Not entirely sure. Main reason was due to "refusal" to stop spamming lightning when commanded to do so by Ollieboy.

Let me start off by saying that this was a very very silly event. After reviewing what had happened in full detail, I realize that it isn't worth the severity of the situation for me to even bother explaining. I can say though that a very coincidental mixture of bad luck, bad timing, and lack of knowledge provided for the situation.

Now, in technicality, I am banned for the valid reason that I had, indeed, "spammed" lightning using my ring. (I had ascertained this via Single Player testing) However, I did not have any knowledge (nor did some other players) at the time that my ring was even capable of producing lightning. To say that I had purposefully disobeyed you would be an incorrect statement (not to mention that I know all too well what happens when someone blatantly trys to piss Ollie off). To add, for about 10-15 minutes following the incident I did not even think that I could have done it, In fact, I didn't think that it was even remotely possible until I went into the wiki to make sure that my ring didn't shoot lightning, where I read that it did have some capability. (The wiki was actually incorrect when it stated that only redstone was required to produce lightning during rain, just having a star is enough to produce such, the wiki is somewhat unreliable...)

Basically, I honestly didn't know from the beginning that I had actually done it, and If i had, I would have already stopped when you told us to. I didn't try to intentionally make you angry at all. I'm sorry that all of this happened. It was all a silly event that got wrongfully escalated into a whole drama fest.
Show
00:53 hafnium: cartoon you talk too much

markiled: i just want to hump the speakers

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: [Ban Appeal] - Cartoonman

Post by Ollieboy »

Seriously all I wanted you to do was say "Sorry, I messed up and was wrong" to me and the other people whose game was tragically cut short by this absolutely day-care style issue, yet you didn't until prompted. I don't even care about what happened, I care about the fact that you didn't take responsibility and it fucked everyone else up. The event in question didn't bother me that much, it was just annoying, but when I asked and nobody 'fessed up, it was time to test the integrity of the group around me. Just think about that.

This whole server is an experiment, being essentially rankless. The whole POINT is to see if people can self manage with discipline and integrity, but seriously, the shit that I saw there, people spamming lightning, fires, snowballs and fucking up spawn with ice and snow was shocking. Let's just say that tekkit will be drastically restricted in a more permanent case since clearly when put to your own devices (not JUST you Cartoonman) you cannot control yourselves with the tools you are given. I'm disappointed.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie