Your best college/university memories!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit other categories here.
Flamewarrior199
SupOP

Your best college/university memories!

Post by Flamewarrior199 »

I'm off to university along with a few others here so I'd like to hear all of your best, worst, or funny university stories! I've heard the "It's the best four years of your life" phrase many times, post all about them.
[23:56] <Allie> Flamewarrior199 is drowning in bitches

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Re: Your best college/university memories!

Post by Sanjar Khan »

I danced with Hedwiges Maduro('s brother) once
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

Arkaunis
SupOP

Post by Arkaunis »

I believe one of my best memories is in the quotes thread...
Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest
White is cold and always yearning burdened by a royal test
Black the beast descends from shadows
Yellow beauty burns gold

Smokeybacon
Trustee

Post by Smokeybacon »

First year was fucking nuts. Every weekend there was some competition to see what would be in our corridor this time. A sleeping stranger, flatmate covered in puke, wild animal, traffic sign or waiting copper. That aside it was probably the best year of my life yet. It depends on where you live and with whom, but I seemed to be lucky getting a place right in the city centre, 5 mins from my department which is basically on the main shopping street. The flat itself was a dump but there was three to a floor, and our doors were always open, so it was more like one 15-person flat. In the first few weeks you will likely get dozens of texts and calls inviting you to parties and nights out. Don't be afraid to just talk to strangers as they are probably in the same boat as you, looking for friends. Always helped that the pass grade for first year is only 40%. After that came the second year crunch time.
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: my dad is an arkansas goveren
[02:27] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and iwe are suing skittles
[02:29] <+FCB2> MainTrain97: and we may file a lawsuit against fcraft

Element_Equinox
Trustee

Post by Element_Equinox »

During my semester at Texas State, I had a particular incident with a hitchhiker that spanned 10-12 hours and involved a fair amount of weed, an iPad 2, more sketchy situations than I can reasonably count, and a $250 watch.
So at about midnight one night, I left my house to go get some food from this 24 hour burger restaurant (cause you know, Texas). As I get through the drive thru, this obese black man walks up to my car and starts tapping on the window. I was gridlocked at the time, but I didn't seriously think he was going to do anything right there in front of a restaurant and as close to a highway as we happened to be, so I rolled my window down to see what was up. He basically said, in so many words, that his car was broken down, and he needed a ride to a town about ~25 miles away to pick up the part he needed at a mechanic and that, if I helped him out, he would give me an iPad 2.

Now, keep in mind two things before you judge me too easily; one, I was incredibly bored that night. I needed something to do, and this stupid incident seemed just stupid enough to be entertaining. Two, I hadn't met a person in that town who I didn't trust, and I had met quite a few people already, so I didn't think too much of his story beyond just bad luck on his end.

So I agree, and let this dude in my car. We head out after getting food and make our way to Austin, and all the while he's asking me questions about who I am and what I do, and I'm just giving every evasive answer I can (Example: "So what, do you live around here?" "Not really, I sort of go from place to place, depending on who I know and where they are. I'm never anywhere for very long"). Then he starts asking if I smoke weed, which I responded "Hell yeah." So he asks if I want some, and we go to this shady ex-military dude's house who, in regular circumstances, would never really want to come in contact with. So we get a bit of weed from him, then head out, but just as he lights up, the situation I'm in starts setting in and I figure out the best way of getting myself out safe is to stay level-headed and pay attention to what was going on.

So the night goes on, and within about an hour, I figure out this car-part thing was just bullshit. We're at this point just driving around kind of aimlessly, and every opportunity I have to drop this dude off somewhere, he winds up with something of mine (most commonly, my phone, which was used for calling the people inside to not freak them out, which arguably would've been the lesser of two evils). Eventually, I remind him of the iPad, and we go through this random ass neighborhood for about an hour just trying to find one house in particular. After a while, he runs out of weed, so we give up, drive back to the shady dealer, and get rejected there, but across the street an equally sketchy motherfucker happens to sell too.

For this entire instance, we are basically driving back and forth between dealer's homes and this one neighborhood, and the longer I'm in this situation, the more conscious I am of what I'm doing and how to get out of it. At one point, we stopped at an abandoned pool to meet a couple girls that would supposedly have weed, and I hid my debit card in my shoe, he had my phone, and if anything happened, I was planning on throwing my keys down the pool drain. Needless to say, there were quite a few sketchy stops where I was making these kind of plans until I realized this dude wasn't gonna jack me unless he absolutely had to. So I made it my best interest that he not have to.

Around 8 AM, I realize this dude is way too high to reason adequately, and that he isn't going to try anything in his current mental/physical state, so I start pushing him to get out of my car, and he eventually breaks down, saying that he has to make one more stop, and then he'll go, and as collateral, he gives me this $250 watch. So we get to his stop, and of course he finds another excuse to keep going, so we start driving on the highway, and at this point, I'm looking for a cop just so I can start speeding to get his attention.

At this point (9:45 - 10:00 AM), he sees the car that we spent hours looking for in that neighborhood, and we start following it into downtown Austin (state capital of Texas). Somehow, and I honestly don't know how I pulled this off, but I convinced this dude to get out of my car and knock on their window in the middle of the road. He does, and I quickly check to make sure I have everything I left with; phone, wallet, keys, debit card, and anything else I valued. I had everything, and so I lock my doors and look up to see him on his way back. He starts knocking on the window asking to be let in, and I just yell "No! I'm done man! Forget it!" The light turns green, and I peel off down the road, and the last I saw of him was his fat ass jogging after my car, holding a drink cup in the air.

I managed to get back to my dorm around 11:00 AM, which is ironic considering that was around the time I had initially left, and I passed this group of kids who had been sitting out on the patio outside my dorm hall at the time I left. I just kind of waved casually, walked in like nothing had happened, flipped shit to a few friends I knew, then got on mumble and flipped even more shit, then went to bed. Needless to say, I skipped school that day. I ended that day having lost around 12 hours of my life and ~$200 (spent mostly on weed, initially for the two of us, later on just to get him stoned enough to do something stupid), but gaining a $250 watch and this gem of a story to tell.
TL;DR version

>left my dorm at midnight to get food
>at drive thru, random guy walks up and needs a ride somewhere
>offers iPad 2 in exchange for ride
>gets into several sketchy situations
>10 hours later, still dealing with stoner mooch
>dumbass gives me his watch
>winds up getting left in the streets of some town
>finally made it home, still needed food

So yeah. Moral of the story; don't trust hitchhikers. You've been warned.
Ollieboy: I can fully understand the want for epeen so whatever.

hylloch
SupOP

Post by hylloch »

My story is kind of messed up like Element's.
It all started back when I was an obese black man. I had just gotten food from this burger restaurant (cause you know, im obese). As I start to pull away from the window my car starts to sputter and die. Luckily, I'm able to pull into a spot before it dies on me. After a quick diagnosis I realize that my spark plug wire has been chewed through by an armadillo. Great! I think, all I have to do is get a ride to my buddy's garage to pick up a new one and I'll be able to get back on the road. I spot a truck going through the drive-through so I go and ask him for a ride to my friends garage.

The young man in the car reluctantly agreed to give me a ride after I promised to give him an IPad. Had I known what an ordeal it would be, I would have never agreed to his terms.

So, we head down the road to Austin to get the part and I try to make small talk the whole time to lighten the mood but he seems to be avoiding my questions. Acknowledging his evasive demeanor towards my questions I enquire if he has ever sampled cannabus to which he replies "Hell yeah." At this point I believe I may be able to pay him in weed instead of having to try and find an IPad at midnight (Who believes that shit anyways). I direct him to my other friends house who happens to be a dealer. I only have a little bit of cash on me so we get a fairly small amount of weed and light up on our way to my friends garage.

At this point I realize letting him smoke while driving was a terrible idea. He has trouble following my directions to where the garage is and ends up getting us lost for over an hour. I keep having to get out of the car and asking directions from complete strangers and at one point I even have to borrow this dudes phone to try and call 411 for directions. After a while, he asks me for the IPad (fuck man, I just bought you some weed) so I stall and try to get him to the garage.

I realize we are both pretty baked at this point so I have him stop by this pool where these two chicks I know are hanging out. This guy gets all paranoid again and shoves his wallet into his shoe and starts walking around nervously eyeing the pool drain. I realize he is having some sort of panic attack so I decide to get him out of there and see if we can make it to get this fucking car part.

As soon as we make it back to the car this asshole mentions the IPad again so I have him make a stop to see if we can get one at a pawn shop. He then demands I give him my brand new watch as collateral until we get the IPad. Sadly, the pawn shop did not have any IPads so i just figured we can get the part and I could reason with him from there.

As we leave the pawn shop I see my buddys car (the one with the garage) driving down the road. We pull up next to him and I get out to knock on his window to tell him I need a part for my car. As I'm walking back to the car I take a sip of my soda and see that this kid had locked all of the doors and was peeling out down the road as I stood there with my drink in hand, dumbfounded.

Motherfucker stole my watch

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

That is a super elaborate watch heist.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Hit-Girl
Trustee

Post by Hit-Girl »

Want to buy TLDR versions.
<SMB> pen23: Hit you are so mean and pathetic and a liar and you're ugly and fat

Pothus
SupOP

Post by Pothus »

Hit-Girl wrote:Want to buy TLDR versions.
Hylloch's story tl;dr version
• Hylloch's car broke down at a restaurant and needed to get a part for it.
• He asked a random serial killer to drive him to his friend's garage for the part.
• The serial killer agrees as long as Hylloch buys an IPad for him.
• Ends up buying weed for the serial killer. (Hoping it's equivalent to an IPad)
• Serial killer steals Hylloch's watch as Hylloch finds his friend who owns the garage in the street.

Flamewarrior199
SupOP

Post by Flamewarrior199 »

Thanks for the good read and very useful advice! Never.Ever.Hitchhike. Hopefully I wont have to deal with situations as dire as posted above.
[23:56] <Allie> Flamewarrior199 is drowning in bitches

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Well, not the "best" memory, but one of the most exciting ones. There was a fire at my apartment, right towards the end of my senior year, as I'm finishing year-long projects. The fire rendered apartment uninhabitable, and I was homeless for a couple weeks. I ended up literally living in the computer lab for most of that time, finishing my senior projects, taking trips off-campus to take shower at my friends' places.
Show
I did finish those damn senior projects, too!