[Rejected] Door, Physics, Pyramid commands

Fixed bugs, solved problems, and old reports.
bmeister1996

[Rejected] Door, Physics, Pyramid commands

Post by bmeister1996 »

Hi, I know that you're very busy right now working on all kinds of things for the fCraft software. I have some suggestions for commands.

-One is a door. Some servers have these; they're an area of blocks where, once one block is clicked, the region disappears. You can walk through and afterwards the blocks regenerate. /door could be the command and you select two blocks as perimeters (similar to cuboid and spheroid).

-Two is physics. I've read that lots of people are wanting this command (and I happen to be one of them!) The command would allow water/lava to flow in a certain world. The command could be /physics *World_Name*.

-Three is a command I thought of last night. I would call it pyramid. When making a roof, for example, and you want a 1 over 1 slope of the blocks, you are well aware that you must create one block out to the side, then one block up, and remove that "in-between" block afterwards. This command would generate a "pyramid" shape by selecting the two perimeter blocks (like cuboid) and this slope effect would be generated upwards.

Thanks for all you're doing right now. If you don't want to include these commands, it's up to you. I just thought I'd suggest them :D I look forwards to the new software!
Don't you worry, don't you worry child!

bmeister1996

Re: Three Command Suggestions

Post by bmeister1996 »

P.S. A possibility for the pyramid command could be /pyr (for solid) or /pyh (for hollow).

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

we don't like to see people building pyramids.... or at least I don't.

boblol0909
SupOP

Post by boblol0909 »

One is pointless, two could be abused (think massive waterfalls flooding main), three might be alright except I can't actually see a need for it. Plain pyramid roofs are ugly.

bmeister1996

Post by bmeister1996 »

well thank you all for the wonderful encouraging comments. jxfuller i dont care about your personal preference. boblol0909, doors are useful in worlds perhaps where a low rank can't build. physics would be a command used by owner or admin, obviously ranks that wouldnt abuse them. also, i dont care if you think pyramid roofs are ugly either. maybe you're not using the command to make a roof. MAYBE YOU'RE MAKING A STINKING PYRAMID.

cdferg
Trustee

Post by cdferg »

Perhaps instead of a simple pyramid command, we get straight to the point. /invertedrainbowpyramid FTW.
doberman411: I now know that I feel a bit of relief every time the landing gear of my plane lifts off of the runway knowing that I'm one step closer to freedom.

jxfuller

Post by jxfuller »

lol cdferg.

Anyway, the 1st suggestion about the doors is rather pointless because of WoM. Which we encourage people to use.

I think your 2nd suggestion with the physics for *certain* maps would be interesting, something like limiting it to mason+ worlds and ranks or special project maps. It would not at all be viable on main or even builder worlds. (maybe vet worlds).

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

You really should have some research done before making suggestions like these. Doors require physics. If you think it's easy to code physics, then please, indulge us.

Now, the pyramid thing KINDA has some gusto. We already have line, and perhaps that could be extrapolated to make a line between two points and spread that line across a given parameter, and it could be /slope.

However, and why has nobody said this yet;

This is the WRONG place to suggest these things. Go back to the forum directory and go down to the bottom. You will see fCraft server software or something of the like. In THAT forum post your suggestion. This forum is reserved for suggestions specifically about the freebuild server.

Edit: I moved it myself because I am just a smashing young lad.
<TKB> Hit_Girl: zombies don't hurt
<TKB> Hit_Girl: weird.
<TKB> Hit_Girl was slain by Zombie

Intertoothh
Trustee

Post by Intertoothh »

Ollieboy wrote:Now, the pyramid thing KINDA has some gusto. We already have line, and perhaps that could be extrapolated to make a line between two points and spread that line across a given parameter, and it could be /slope.
Hmm /slope. Or some other command.

You give 3 or 4 points not just the normal 2 as we used to with all the commands.
And it will generate a lines between all those points filling it 'up'.
McLaughlinKid wrote:You put roar on everything don't you?

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

bmeister1996 wrote:well thank you all for the wonderful encouraging comments. jxfuller i dont care about your personal preference. boblol0909, doors are useful in worlds perhaps where a low rank can't build. physics would be a command used by owner or admin, obviously ranks that wouldnt abuse them. also, i dont care if you think pyramid roofs are ugly either. maybe you're not using the command to make a roof. MAYBE YOU'RE MAKING A STINKING PYRAMID.
Righty then, we don't care about your suggestions.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

bmeister1996

Post by bmeister1996 »

ollieboy thank you for moving it there already and thank you too intertoothh. the 3 or 4 point idea for the slope command sounds pretty cool. thanks guys for listening to my suggestions... i didnt even think they'd get this far :)

Ollieboy
Trustee

Post by Ollieboy »

They haven't gotten anywhere. None of us code fCraft..

Darklight
SupOP

Post by Darklight »

bmeister1996 wrote:well thank you all for the wonderful encouraging comments. jxfuller i dont care about your personal preference...... also, i dont care if you think pyramid roofs are ugly either. maybe you're not using the command to make a roof. MAYBE YOU'RE MAKING A STINKING PYRAMID.
Its not his personal preference. Its common widespread knowledge that pyramids in general look like crap... The Egyptians may have pulled it off but i doubt a guest could.

bmeister1996

Post by bmeister1996 »

hahaha nice darklight :) i understand... yeah they might not be the most "attractive" but still, sometimes they have purposes, especially if the command would be used more for creating a slope. thanks ollie, i wasnt sure what titles meant someone was coding fcraft or what but hopefully the "coders" will read these :D

Sanjar Khan
Trustee

Post by Sanjar Khan »

There is only one coder. The rest of us are just entourage.
Ferrisbuler2: i will stay but i might not post cus of ollieboy

fragmer
fCraft Developer

Post by fragmer »

Thank you for taking the time to write these suggestions. Unfortunately, you probably won't be seeing them implemented any time soon.
  • Door - Would have to be built on top of the physics framework.
  • Physics - Low priority, currently no work is done or planned.
  • Pyramid - A bit too specific to justify making a whole command. There are other more useful commands in queue to be made (like polygon, circle, /line of arbitrary width, etc).
My time is finite, so I have to prioritize. Physics would be nice to have, but for freebuild servers it's not going to be very high on the list.

Also please, submit one suggestion per topic/thread. That makes it easier to discuss.

bmeister1996

Re: [Rejected] Door, Physics, Pyramid commands

Post by bmeister1996 »

okay thanks fragmer... i'll do that next time; sorry about that! :S i look forward to the new software coming out! is there a release date? or is that still to be decided? just curious

Ollieboy
Trustee

Re: [Rejected] Door, Physics, Pyramid commands

Post by Ollieboy »

He releases as they get new features/updates.